Having Problems Interacting with NPCs

(Locked)

90 Human Priest
I would interact with NPCs via a right-click on my mouse. Since the patch, I would encounter issues every now and then when the NPC will not respond or the dialogue window opens, then it closes immediately. I have to right-click repeatedly to interact with the target. I was thinking it was my mouse causing the issue so I replaced it. The problem still exists even with a new mouse. How can I fix this, it is starting to annoy me.
90 Tauren Druid
I'm having this exact same issue, it's driving me insane.

I have no idea what is causing it, however, I have noticed that it seems to happen only on NPC's that offer more than one quest.

Mac Pro, 10.7.5, logitech G700 mouse.
90 Draenei Priest
Same same same.... thought is was just me or my mouse going wacko.

Is this a mac only issue or a general one?
90 Human Warlock
I thought it was server lag at first, but it happens almost all of the time now.

Will double-check in Windows to verify if this is a Mac or general bug.
90 Human Priest
I am still getting this annoying issue. I have read in the bug reports forum that other players are having the exact issue as well. I am not sure now if this is Mac specific.
I have been having the same issue, I thought it was my razer mouse, I had a clicker go out after a year, and expected it might be that, but after reading this, and turning on left click for interact, I discovered it is simply the NPC, I thought perhaps, Add-ons to, but I turned them off to no avail, I am on Windows 7 and having this issue
90 Human Paladin
Same here, it seems to be NPC specific, but I can't verify. I use a USB wired Kensington 4-button trackball "Expert Mouse". No difference with or without addons. I'm seeing the no response or delayed response - instant close behavior.

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 6 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MP51.007F.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.39f11

System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63)
Kernel Version: Darwin 11.4.2
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
This is a known issue and will require a client patch to address

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197580298?page=2#37
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
This is a known issue and will require a client patch to address

Just to clarify here.

Is this a game patch like 5.3 ?

Or a client patch , IE a new build , an update just to the 32 bit and 64 bit clients that the devs can push out before 5.3 ?
Edited by Bluspacecow on 3/26/2013 8:15 PM PDT
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
who knows. Just that it can't be hotfixed. Whether or not they fix it in a fast patch or in 5.3 is up to blue's sadly.
90 Human Mage
This is still occuring in Patch 5.3. I would click 2-3 times before the NPC responds. It does not happen all the time but it happens a lot.
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
Yeah t hey didn't fix it yet :(
Same issue here.
Edited by Thehidden on 5/24/2013 5:59 PM PDT
90 Human Mage
This is starting to annoy me, especially when I am in a hurry. Can we please, please, please get an update?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Several months later & I'm still having this exact problem. I'm on a mac & have troubleshooted all of the above. Any chance this will be fixed... ever?
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Priest
I too still have this issue. It's rather maddening. I'll right click once and get nothing. I'll right click again and it opens and closes immediately. Rinse and repeat until I finally eventually get the NPC to properly interact. It seems to happen the most in MoP zones, and feels almost reminiscent of the input lag issue I reported in another thread. I'm beginning to wonder if the two issues are related in some way.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Is this issue ever going to be fixed? Its really really annoying.
Support Forum Agent
Hi Aonyx, this thread is from last year. Can you create your own thread, and describe what's going on?

We'll also want to consider every part of your connection:

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]