Just did AV ctas

90 Night Elf Druid
The alliance reach our base before we can reach theirs, it's a very basic issue. So they have a 4 cap before we do it's just the way the terrain is designed. The core issue has nothing to do with back capping or defending, it's the terrain.

Sure you'll win more games if you back cap and defend, but there will always be those games that slip through your fingers by one tower or by a few seconds. Those are the result of alliance having a terrain advantage, not to mention the majority of alliance having EMFH human racial for a free pvp trinket while the horde have to buy theirs (seriously who buys a pvp trinket before hitting level cap).

Beep, wrong.

But keep blaming the map for your refusal to recap any towers. IB GY is the best chokepoint on the map, but most Horde are like you and have no clue how to use it.

All of my AV achievements and the majority of my wins were Horde side.

A little defense goes a long way. Recap IBT/TP and you will probably delay the Alliance long enough to win.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
only eots is bugged. it shows 0 you need to look at your eots master achieves for how many wins u have.

Ah, thanks!

For some reason I was under the impression it was more far-reaching than just EotS. The rest I can just chalk up to memory, I guess. :>
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
All I can say is all the times I've won AV we made sure we had plenty of people defending the bunkers so alliance couldn't backcap....all the times we've lost hardly anyone was defending and zerged to van naturally making it easy for alliance to retake bunker.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've won ~5-7 EotS games on some alt, but it records 0 victories.

eye of the storm is bugged for me also, it says zero wins. When I know that's un true.

I have zero wins for Av, but i KNOW that one is true.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
not sure what you guys are doing.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Softhoof/statistic#21:153
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've done about 8 more since I've posted this, I haven't won a single one. I swear. I am not lying. Haven't won a single one, not one.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I've done about 8 more since I've posted this, I haven't won a single one. I swear. I am not lying. Haven't won a single one, not one.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/Syreynity/statistic#21:153

AVs played: 7
AV towers captured or defended: 0

Me.
AVs played: 22 (lol 2 wins. I wish people knew how to play the damned map)
AV towers captured: 13
Defended: just 1.

So what exactly were you doing in your AVs?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've done 4 more, Haven't won one yet
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I've done 4 more, Haven't won one yet

Muffindiver's question: what do you when you're in Alterac Valley?

Does this sound about accurate?

Ride to Balinda with 35 other people
Ride north to Stormpike Graveyard, dismount and then walk across the bridge
Stand at the Stormpike Aid Station or in Vanndar Stormpike's bunker yelling 'GO! ALL IN!' despite no bunkers capped
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Alterac Valley battles 104
Alterac Valley victories 86

Alterac Valley towers defended 53
Alterac Valley towers captured 14

53 tower defenses in 104 games, you horde just make it too easy. Also stop "defending" the bunkers by standing next to it with your map open.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
just did 3 more, still haven't won.

And it doesn't matter WHAT I do, a single person out of 40 isn't going to make that much of a difference. Whether I'm zerging or going for the objectives, it's not going to cause a loss in every single AV i've ever played (and lost)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
03/09/2013 05:15 PMPosted by Syreynity
And it doesn't matter WHAT I do, a single person out of 40 isn't going to make that much of a difference.

With a mentality like this, you're never going to win.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
A/V battles: 76
A/V wins: 34

There have been times when the loss streak seems to go on forever. And I can agree to some point with some people that the A/V map is a bit lopsided.
I've been running A/V since 2009, and yeah I do feel Horde looses way more then Alliance. Can't say it's my favorite BG, but since I prefer the bigger maps I'm sort of limited.
Edited by Zohl on 3/9/2013 6:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
this is like my 14th loss in a row. I haven't won one, not one. not one. not even one. NONE,
ALLIANCE WINS
ALLIANCE WINS
ALLIANCE WINS
ALLIANCE WINS
ALLIANCE WINS
ALLIANCE WINS
ALLIANCE WINS
ALLIANCE WINS
ALLIANCE WINS
ALLIANCE WINS
ALLIANCE WINS
ALLIANCE WINS
ALLIANCE WINS
ALLIANCE WINS

There's 14. It's a lot isn't it?

Call me crazy but I want to see how many I can lose in a row. The current record I've seen doing these is someone claiming they lost 21 in a row, 22 after we lost that one.
Edited by Syreynity on 3/9/2013 5:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
03/09/2013 05:18 PMPosted by Muffindiver
And it doesn't matter WHAT I do, a single person out of 40 isn't going to make that much of a difference.

With a mentality like this, you're never going to win.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

And it doesn't matter WHAT I do, a single person out of 40 isn't going to make that much of a difference. Whether I'm zerging or going for the objectives, it's not going to cause a loss in every single AV i've ever played (and lost)

1 person back capping towers will delay the whole 40 people from pulling and killing the boss... Even if they get it back, you slowed the progress of the other team. At the start ask if anyone is going to play D, and follow them work as a team to re cap towers. And even if you dont get the tower back, your keeping people there defending while hopefully other people are attacking the other towers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]