Movies with the best intro

What movies do you believe have the greatest intro, and why? Intro's can come in all shapes and colors, they are mainly designed to catch the attention of the audience and simply give enough interest to stay.

Intro's in movies are normally action packed, funny, or give a giant brain teaser that we have to continue watching, and many terrible movies have great intro's while great movies have "meh" intro's.

My list is this: (SPOILERS AHEAD!)

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
Starts out in the PAST bringing us back to one of the most emotional moments in the trilogy, not only showing this great scene with Gandolf fighting the Balrog but also showing it in different camera angles. It continues to answer the question of where Gandolf really went, and how epic of a fight it was! It leaves off making you wonder if he really did survive... Or was it just a dream of Frodo's? Both??!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
There are lots of bad things that can be said about this movie, but the intro is a true gem IMHO. It opens up with visually one of the most amazing scenes I can remember in Cinema, not only is a giant Crane Decepticon rolling over half the city, we get to see Optimus Prime launch himself out of an airplane and bring the fight to him! This scene instantly got me thinking "WHOA!" when I saw both optimus and the crane literally crash right through the giant bridge, the camera work/special effects/ and action was perfect.

The Dark Knight Rises.
Honestly, how else can you use less than 10 minutes to tell the audience that the main villain is a complete Badass? Not only did Bane make himself very intimidating, but his Theme (thanks Hans Zimmer) beating in the background started to make the hairs on the back of my neck rise. Bane did not simply beat some people up, he managed to complete an objection that others would call impossible. Simple using a bigger plane, couple of henchmen and a cord to hang on too. This guy was fearless and showed us he was willing to do anything to complete his task.

If you have any others, lets hear them!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Star Wars intro has been parodied almost 1 million times.
Edited by Muddybuddy on 3/13/2013 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Austin Powers (opening credits are hilarious)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Hmmm

Just off the top of my head I was thinking of Godzilla vs Destroyah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbPkzk0TW9o&feature=g-vrec

James Rolfe talks about it for a moment at 0:48

Jurassic Park is also memorable. "Shoot her!"
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I thought the Watchmen intro was pretty good, sets up the alternate timeline well.

Love the Zombieland intro 8)

Say what you will about Quantum of Solace, the car chase at the beginning was great.
Edited by Nunepi on 3/18/2013 10:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ninja Assassin. The movie was subpar at best, but the opening scene actually made ninja look scary.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The new Oz movie has a pretty neat one.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Pulp Fiction. The diner robbery was fantastic. "Everyone be cool this is a robbery!"... "Ante up you f'n b*tch! Move! I'm going to execute every mother f'n one of you!"

Awesome way to start the movie... sweet crazy Honey Bunny.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter
Saving Private Ryan.
And the two (or is it three now?) James Bond movies with Daniel Craig.

I am sure there are more, but these are just from my current memory.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Mage
Some good examples above. I always loved the beginning of X-Men 2.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Some good examples above. I always loved the beginning of X-Men 2.

I had forgotten about this one. That Nightcrawler scene was fantastic.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I've always enjoyed the James Bond Intros.
Reply Quote
Pulp Fiction.

Tenacious D - The Pick Of Destiny (leading up to when Jack Black arrives in LA).

I really can't think of too many off the top of my mind.
Although there should be favorite endings to go along with this....

Mine's Scott Pilgrim VS. The World :D
Edited by Kleeborp on 3/20/2013 10:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
03/20/2013 10:36 PMPosted by Kleeborp
Tenacious D - The Pick Of Destiny

As retarded as that movie is, that scene with Dio was cool.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Was going to say The Dark Knight Rises and for the exact same reason you put. It was an awesome scene and really set up that Bane is a fearless badass.
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
The Naked Gun Movies, best intro ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wND357avYJk
Edited by Thol on 3/30/2013 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have to say the intro to Final Destination 2....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDsSt3BlqlI

Mad crazy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Clockwork Orange

The title short and simple, much like all of Kubrick's great films, while playing that dark synthesized soundtrack. The malevolent and sadistic smile on Alex's face as the camera pans out to show him and his droggies and their devious intention. Love this movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-mDTdeKR8
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]