Warlock Legendary Quest line

90 Human Warlock
Im starting this thread to get other opinions on the new Warlock Legendary Quest Line in 5.2. This thread is purely based on opinions so please respect other community members.

For me the new quest line was a little bit of a disappointment. Yes I love they are bringing back Class specific quests and I really liked the lore allowing me to see deeper in to the origin of powers for warlocks. However the way the quest line was played out for me was extremely disappointing for me, for a legendary quest line I felt there should have been some voice acting in some areas of the quest, if not in the world but deferentially in the Pursing The Black Harvest Solo Scenario. Another pet peeve I had for this quest line is the scale of difficulty it encountered. For me it felt like any Noob player could get to the final stage. The quest started off simple and grew in difficulty right until stage 5 of the scenario against the souls boss, he was difficult but still easily beat able after a couple of try's to figure out the mechanics, and then it scaled way down again, enslaving on demon that was able to destroy the entire room making the Treasure Run a breeze, Next thing you know the hardest boss I have encountered in the game next to nearly impossible, only the utmost elites of players, making this Fel Fire as just a cosmetic not being worth the time trouble and frustration trying to down the final boss that has 3 times more health than trash in MSV 10 man. If the Fel Fire gave you a 5% dmg buff for fire spells or overall, I don't care, then the difficulty of the last boss seems reasonable for me then. But for just cosmetic, I find it was way to out of scale, and for other players saying it's "Optional". Answer me this. Why make something optional for all lvl 90 warlock so difficult? To me "Optional" means anybody can choose to have it or not. not just the top players out there.

I don't want a nerf, this is purely just wiping a bunch of times and just wanting to vent.
Edited by Drakion on 3/12/2013 9:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
How easy is it to get the current raid level mount from achievements? Damned hard and that is purely cosmetic.

It is meant to be difficult. It would have been very disappointing to me if they had just implemented a glyph.

There are warlocks that have green fire with your level of gear (and under). The fight is a lot more about mechanics than it is about pure DPS. Keep at it and if you get frustrated stop for a bit. You can get it, only you are stopping yourself.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
How easy is it to get the current raid level mount from achievements? Damned hard and that is purely cosmetic.

It is meant to be difficult. It would have been very disappointing to me if they had just implemented a glyph.

There are warlocks that have green fire with your level of gear (and under). The fight is a lot more about mechanics than it is about pure DPS. Keep at it and if you get frustrated stop for a bit. You can get it, only you are stopping yourself.

This. I did it and our gear is almost equal.

My only complaint about the quest line is starting it, which I've mentioned numerous times. Getting the Sealed Tome is way too difficult and its drop rate should be upped quite a bit. I should not have had to kill 125 rares to do this quest line.

Other than that, I think the difficulty of the rest of the quest line should have been upped to match Kanrethad, or have built up to Kanrethad rather. It was like "la la la la slaughter slaughter la la la oh shi-". I absolutely loved Kanrethad, a true skill fight!, but his difficulty level when compared to the rest of it was quite insane.

Basically, up the Sealed Tome's drop rate, maybe buff the rest of the scenario a bit, and keep Kanrethad exactly how he is.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
What I found disappointing was how the story line ended. It started out great and if they had voice acting, would of gave it much more atmosphere. Honestly if they made a novel, I would read it. What I disliked was the linear story. What's to say that my character wouldn't want to join the black harvest. Not saying that I would but there is only one way this story would end.

Granted this is optional fight and it just dropped last week. This fight is tuned for people that have 5.2 gear. It's doable in 5.1 gear. I killed him with 490 ilevel, it just takes much more patience, learning and near perfect execution. This fight at current gear is not for casual players. As gear becomes available, the mechanics will become less forgiving. Eventually all warlocks will be able to obtain green fire, whether you end up facerolling the boss, the fight gets nerfed or someday you might not even need to fight the boss and learn it from the trainer.

I understand how frustrating this fight is and venting is a part of it. I spent 3 days on this fight, and we're looking at 6-8 hour days. Once you are comfortable with each part, it comes together like clockwork.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Im kind of getting sick of the whole its for elite players argument.... I helped my buddy do it on his lock because he couldnt. He is in 475 ilvl. Took 2 tries. I learned the mechanics doing this boss for my own lock about 20 times.

The fact that I managed to beat it before doom killed me on a 475 ilvl toon as well as a 501 ilvl toon, It is NOT a gear issue, it is a learning the fight, complete focus, and perfect execution issue.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Ohh an epic Wrathgate style cinematic would've been great at the end. One of the things that kind of bugged me about the ending though is that there really wasn't anything stopping us from just enslaving Kanrethad instead of banishing him. I mean how crazy would that be? A Warlock who enslaved a Demon-Warlock who could then enslave yet another Warlock.

And I don't think he's too powerful for us to bind him to our will. I'm sure the other demons in our arsenal are actually more powerful than us, but we can only summon a fragment of their powers to the lands of Azeroth (which is why it scales to our own power (or level)). Now, I'll admit, Kanrethad would be one OP summon, but we could scale him down a bit. He could also have a cool entry animation like when a demo-lock has glyphed Demonic Leap or that huge portal that he comes out of. He could also be a timed summon like the Doom Guard. Of course, something tells me that only Jubeka would be able to accomplish pioneering the enslavement of a fellow Warlock.

That leaves me to another thing. What is to become of Jubeka? She banished Kanrethad which means she's going to come back alone. This would be seen as treason by the Black Harvest. Especially if only the Coven that the player visits for the quest knows about the problem. Would the Coven be able to prove her innocence or would politics get in the way?

I'm actually looking forward to the next installment of the Black Harvest. And if a developer happens to see this post, I'd like to know more about the preferred diet of Felhunters and some of the other things Jubeka wrote about. It would also be better if they could flush the characters out a little more. Let us learn what kind of people they are so that it draws more emotion as they turn on us and force us to kill them.

An example of this would be Ritssyn slaying Jubeka at the end of the trial and after Jubeka retorts that 'even if her soul is banished, she will live on in her works', Ritssyn burns her journal or something. This, of course, would be after you've done everything you could to make sure she survives the trial (and make it painstakingly difficult or long) so that when he does it, the player feels frustrated by Ritssyn.

TL:DR
Quest could've used an ending cinematic, why didn't we enslave Kanrethad, what happens to Jubeka for coming back alone, more info about our demons (even their diets) plox, and more character development kthxbai.

Looking forward to the next installment :D maybe we'll get shadow-flame or something :D
Edited by Smoe on 3/12/2013 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Could someone maybe help me out on the stage five? I don't know what im doing wrong, but I keep dying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Im kind of getting sick of the whole its for elite players argument.... I helped my buddy do it on his lock because he couldnt. He is in 475 ilvl. Took 2 tries. I learned the mechanics doing this boss for my own lock about 20 times.

The fact that I managed to beat it before doom killed me on a 475 ilvl toon as well as a 501 ilvl toon, It is NOT a gear issue, it is a learning the fight, complete focus, and perfect execution issue.

To be fair, what is making it harder is some bugginess with aggro management and how the felhounds react, its not consistent. I've watched a vid where the warlock used the pit lord to help kill the felhounds, and in my experience there is no way that would be possible. When you read a lot of different guides, but have a pretty good grasp of how the game works, and then you get stuck on a part, and nothing anyone is suggesting or saying they are doing is working at all, it tends to make it aggravating. I was about ready to give up myself until I found a fel hound strat that actually works, and while I still need to kill him, I have hope again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Completed this with an ilvl of 479. The difficulty is just right imo. It would have been nice if Kanrethad had voice acting, but it was still good. I also wish that the whole questline other than the final boss was a little more difficult.
Edited by Ludovic on 3/13/2013 3:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I got the green fire as of last night. Took me 72 try's
I studied the fight looked up methods and kept trying I got mad at times but it was worth the trouble. Almost every attempt was progression and practice to fine tune my mistakes I was at 487 ilvl and required a purification potion. Don't get discouraged it can be done you just need to practice . I went through the 2 sets of everything and an additional 3 feel imps waves at the end. I found a good method to deal with the fel hunters every time if you want me to post how I did it just ask and I'll make another post
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
72 :O

Gratz man. I'm up to the fel pups giving me grief but still find that some times i am unable to kill all the imps!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This is the guide I followed, because it explains and shows how to insta gib the Fel Hunters. Once I mastered killing the Fel Hunters quickly, then the fight became fairly easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8jZcA2GUWo
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I outgeared this fight so much that it only took me 13 attempts and I killed him before the second wild imp phase.

I was hoping for something a little bit more challenging but it was still fun.

Would have been better if it worked like challenge modes and scaled it to a certain iLevel. I have nothing but respect for people that did this at 475 because it was too easy at 515.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Whoever said anything about this being a "legendary" quest?? It isn't, but Blizzard seems to think it is.....
Reply Quote
i cant down Kanrethad 3 attempts in a row i cant get him below 60% ive tried over 10 times with breaks of a few days and still cannot down him.Blizz really need to nerf this guy or fix the damn bugs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
cant down Kanrethad 3 attempts in a row i cant get him below 60% ive tried over 10 times with breaks of a few days and still cannot down him.Blizz really need to nerf this guy or fix the damn bugs.

Yes Blizz needs to fix the bugs, but i dont think a nerf is in order, you just need to accept dieing is learning and it can be done with practice, it took me a while to reliaze that myself, 72 times. one major bug atm tho is when you get him down to 1 health your pitlord dispawns but everthing else stays, so the 2 doom lords and the fel imp are still killing you and you have to kinda ninja them to grab the fel engies from kantharad
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Holy crap I haven't had this much fun for years.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]