Fix Demonic Gateway

90 Human Warlock
Demonic Gateway is now useless. 4.4 sec cast time is Not worth casting during a raid. I hope this is a bug because if it's not, Blizzard, you ruined our new spell.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I keep having an issue where it will vanish if I move x amount away from it. In raid we used to set it up for people to get around faster. For example the tornado hallway in bugland where you have to run through the wind to get to the boss with the little tornados coming at you.
I would set it up at the start of the fight and it would last the entire time in that hall way.

Now I set it up and... poof its gone. Setup a 2nd time... Poof its gone.. I now dont even bother with it. Blizz had to of broke it.

It feels useless if you have to sit and baby sit the gateway. As it stands now the moment you walk away from it, "poof" and its gone.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
I just want the damn thing to always work. You know how many times I wiped on Kanrethad just because for whatver reason the portal just wouldn't work? Had the gold gear icon and spam clicked the hell out of it, no debuff from gate use. No go. Just stand there and watch as the Chaos Bolt makes it slow travel to me to one shot me.

Also stop poofing on death. I swear they purposely broke this because they knew it was going to be an integral part of the Kanrethad fight and wanted to annoy and slow warlocks down even more by having to constantly reset up their gateways.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Demonic Gateway is now useless. 4.4 sec cast time is Not worth casting during a raid. I hope this is a bug because if it's not, Blizzard, you ruined our new spell.

Well, set it up before hand? O_o
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
You're supposed to set it up prior to the pull, the bosses lately have really small aggro ranges so you have plenty of time to do it most places before a pull. However that disappearing gateway bug is certainly a thing that I've been noticing. In any situation where it's actually useful it keeps vanishing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I TOTALLY AGREE!

Demonic Gateway is a friggin joke now. It's bugged.

It disappears for every imaginable reason now. In raids, in bg's, even in world pvp when I'm ganking horde in their base.

Just as well, the glyph of Felsteed/Dreadsteed walk on water ability.... it doesn't work in bg's. Or just about anywhere... sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.
Killed myself a couple times jumping from a high point into water thinking it wouldn't work and boom. blizz troll. dead. -.-
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Demonic Gateway now despawns if you set it up before the boss. You really think I didn't try that already?
I should add that I was able to set it up before the Sha of anger ( I always get the two sha's confused so I might have said the wrong name. It's the last boss in Terrace) pull multiple times earlier this week. But last night, after the hotfix Blizzard did, I was in HoF on the first boss. Demonic Gateway despawned after the pull every time. In the group I was in, it wasn't worth it to cast it after the boss was pulled since out dps wasn't all that great and loosing that first 4.4 secs to dps wasn't worth it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
reply to myself: It appears glyph of nightmares (Walk onwater ability) has been nerfed to not include bg's. :|
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
In all honesty Id be much happier if they scrapped the Gateway spell completely and replaced it with something pertaining to our trusty Demonic Circle. (since they just cant seem to get this right...) Maybe make it a passive bonus that increases the range of Teleport to 50yds. Or make an ability like:

Demonic Curse: Places a Fel Sigil on your target ripping them through the Nether to the location of your Demonic Circle. Target is dazed for 2 sec.

Id like something USABLE. With the afore mentioned bugs and issues regarding Gateway anything functional would be a step in the right direction.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I understand the cast time, you are building a gateway, long cast is fine.. But this bug where it keeps disappearing is getting old fast. It's pretty crucial for the Kanrethad and it's no fun to look for it when he starts casting on you but it's no where to be found... I would like to finish this before everyone has the fire or before you nerf it cause of people complaining but it's hard to do so with unreliable spells. I'm not an engineer, I shouldn't have to deal with my stuff malfunctioning. Please fix this Blizz...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Cast time is NOT the problem - the BUG that has removed it as anything of value at all IS the problem.

Basically 5.2 has removed demonic gateway as a spell along with blood fear. Pretty serious nerfs, even if one is by accident.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Don't worry, when Blizzard realizes that this is, in fact, a bug, they'll nerf our Healthstones and buff Ice Lance.

Because, you know, Blizzard logic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Cool idea
Absolutely had me drooling when I first heard about it--naturally I thought it would be a party/raid version of the portal
Then came the implementation--wow.
Imagine if the game portal had been programmed by the same people how much of an anti-awesome experience that would have been.
So many things suck about this spell that they aren't worth listing.
It's a novelty only.
I have no sympathy for blizzard on this one--someone came up with a great idea and whoever oversaw it nerf'd it into ridiculous oblivion and then STILL put it in the game like they were giving warlocks something cool.

The fact that it despawns doesn't work whatever is entirely irrelevant--stop asking for scraps from the dinner table like the begging house mutt.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
The only thing wrong with it is that it's buggy. It's always been buggy. It's useful in raids. Not every fight but it has it's uses. Not sure why you care about the cast time though, you shouldn't be trying to set it up during the encounter. It lasts 15 minutes, set it up before the pull.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The only thing wrong with it is that it's buggy. It's always been buggy. It's useful in raids. Not every fight but it has it's uses. Not sure why you care about the cast time though, you shouldn't be trying to set it up during the encounter. It lasts 15 minutes, set it up before the pull.

He cares about the cast time because he (erroneously) believes that the bug causing it to disappear is an intended change to the spell. Working under that assumption, he has come to the conclusion that Blizzard intends for you to set it up multiple times during combat, and then yell something like, "Come with me if you want to live!" to the rest of your raid.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
That does seem like fun.

The only time I've ever had it despawn on me is on trash so far. I've used it on Jin, Horridon, and Tortos and it lasted the whole fight in all those cases.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Lok
You are entirely demonstrating my point.
Sit, roll over, beg...c'mon beg some more
You are so used to settling for less that you don't even see it.
What should have demonic gateway been?
Is it that?
Then it shouldn't be at all and we should have had something else...not settle for something less.

See?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I use what I have available to me. When Blizzard decides to start paying me to come up with cool ideas I'll start investing my time in hoping for the future versus learning to perfect the present.

At present, the gateway (when not bugged) works fine. It was amazing on fights in T14 (H Vizier and H Lei Shi I loved it), it's somewhat useful on Jin for a period of time, Horridon for a period of time, and Tortos for every stupid rockfall.

What good is it for me to be upset that the spell isn't some god portal that buffs me to 500% DPS every time I click it or something? I just don't see the point in complaining about things I have no control over, or wishing that things were better. It's not perfect but there are uses and I'll use it for them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Using what we've got and still doing well is the essence of being a lock.
But the disappointment of the spell is palpable and undeniable, and ignored summarily.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I don't know why it's that disappointing though other than the bugs. It has a lot of awesome uses. Ofc it's not going to be useful all the time or give you whatever you want, most utility spells don't. It's not useless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]