DoC a completely unfun mechanic. (Feral)

90 Worgen Druid
no nv is nerfed u dont get the same value from your berserk n tf tied in with pots and other procs that u use to and your 25 % damage suffers as well + u just cant burst as much burst is fun they should have made the change only vs players imo
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I do wish they'd increase the healing by an extra 10% OR give it a 3rd stack of dmg, but i guess that would make it op.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
keep in mind, they reduced the buff by 50% (from 20-10%), but they also cut the CD in half. overall you put out the same if not more since you're using it more often, it is still a viable choice if you dont like DoC

The difference between the old and new version is still technically a nerf even though the effectiveness of it will still be the same. This is because you're getting only 10% during the initial pre-pot/trinkets time and you only get the 10% during heroism/second pot (or whenever you use it). The longer the fight is the less of a difference it is, but make no mistake it is a nerf.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
About a month or so ago I finally got my feral into a respectable (in my eyes) 25 man progression guild. The play of the other toons in my raid made me really want to push my dps to the max to keep up with everyone.

So I spent about a week of nonstop dummy training and running LFRs using DoC. I absolutely love the talent, and the dps gain is very noticeable. With proper key binds and add ons the rotation still feels very fluid (as fluid as feral can be considered).

My only quip would be if they could add one more second on the predatory swiftness buff. That would be a huge QoL buff for the talent, but I'm starting to notice as my ilvl keeps rising (currently 505) it's getting easier to get that swiftness off before my next 4-5th CP.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
03/16/2013 02:50 AMPosted by Raxion
Even with a mouseover macro, it'd still be far too much micro-managing to bother with.

You can macro your HT to be cast on the "Target of my target" which is almost always the active tank. Not likely to be wasted healing there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Id
I think DoC starts to pay off more when you have the crit to make it from 1 PS duration to a 5 CP finisher for a Rip/Rake combo, otherwise it'll really hurt you moreso than benefit. And how was WotLK Feral more complicated than it is now? The only difference was that you mangled every so often instead of Shred if your group lacked a Bear/Arms War. (I'm not 100% sure about HT having a 1sec GCD though, it feels like 1.5 to me but oh well)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I think DoC starts to pay off more when you have the crit to make it from 1 PS duration to a 5 CP finisher for a Rip/Rake combo, otherwise it'll really hurt you moreso than benefit

With normal MSV gear, raid buffs, food and flask this was possible. Tight but possible. By the time you got 4p T14 it was very sustainable.

(I'm not 100% sure about HT having a 1sec GCD though, it feels like 1.5 to me but oh well)

It is indeed fixed, and I am so happy about it. I have been reporting that issue since end of July.

03/25/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Arilith
And how was WotLK Feral more complicated than it is now?

Up until the mid ICC Mangle buff only lasted 12 seconds, Rake was only 9 seconds, Rip was 14, and SR was 12 seconds for 1 point and 8 seconds each additional point, and Faerie Fire was 30 seconds (if of course we didn't have a bear). Also TF didn't get 15% damage buff, but a cruddy static ap buff. Everything was much tighter. To balance that we did have 50% crit by the end of T7 so there was that. Oh ya haste didn't change energy regen.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
DoC is fun, but I definitely have to pay more attention to it than when I run HoTW. That said, HOTW is almost always more welcome in a progression environment, hotw tranq is just too damn valuable.

I do wish i could optimize my healing output with it. A smartheal would probably be asking too much, right?!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I love DoC, it's the reason why feral druids are my favourite dps class to play.

Although I wish SotF was a passive, I'd love to still be able to burst with Inc/Berzerk ravage spam
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I don't particularly dislike DoC and despite another Feral in my raid despising it, and the other somewhat reluctant on it, I feel there are a few simple changes that could streamline the talent and make it more reasonable

1) Misses/Parries don't consume (waste) a charge
2) It affects ONLY bleeds since that's the primary use of this talent, to buff bleeds, seems only reasonable that it affects just that.

DoC does have it's difficulties and it varies by encounter depending on how things time up and all that, and there are times where I spec out of it either for ease of use (dps increase) or being able to gimmick a part of HoTW ( berserk + aoe > HoTWcane spam on a large pack of adds).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm just not having much fun on feral now that cat and bear form are separate. I liked it better as one spec, despite it's flaws.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/26/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Syo
1) Misses/Parries don't consume (waste) a charge

Then hit/exp cap.

03/26/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Syo
2) It affects ONLY bleeds since that's the primary use of this talent, to buff bleeds, seems only reasonable that it affects just that.

Why would you want it nerfed?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Here's how I think we have to look at it? Want to top the charts? You're going to have to play the more difficult spec. Does your raid need that big off heal? There's a spec for that and many ferals use it. All these top ferals you speak of switch specs on fights. Read Fluid Druid some time. Sure, DoC is top dps, but spec is fight dependent. We are druids we are there for more than dps. Off heals, battle rezes, etc. We're an old, gutted utility class that people just want to dps in when in fact if you forget your utility you're hurting your raid. And a brez isn't enough. Heck, I can macro my NS heals onto the MT/OT. "But you're overhealing!" Who cares! It's an extra heal to help the healers. Want to progress in raids? Learn to sacrifice. Don't care about your progression pace? Just play what you like and don't care what's top dps.

Currently I'm top 2 dps in my guild on practically every fight so I rarely switch due to the need for the dps. And I love DoC. I loved early Wrath feral dps and it's "you missed so your dps suffered". I like having a challenge outside of the boss mechanics. It's not for everyone, but complaining when other specs are viable doesn't help you at all.

I love DoC, it's the reason why feral druids are my favourite dps class to play.

Although I wish SotF was a passive, I'd love to still be able to burst with Inc/Berzerk ravage spam

And yes I agree with this post. lol But hey that'd probably be too OP.
Edited by Karvé on 3/26/2013 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
DoC is fun, but it's extra work and you're FORCED into it. The difference is extremely obvious, especially when you start getting good at putting the proc on rips.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
03/27/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Moltke
DoC is fun, but it's extra work and you're FORCED into it.

How are you forced into it? There is a choice with HotW. Yes if you want to do the highest DPS possible and you can actually pull off the rotation you will choose DoC. That does not make HotW any less viable. It has more utility and flexiblity. I don't see FORCED anywhere in our talents other then SotF.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/27/2013 03:04 PMPosted by Tinderhoof
DoC is fun, but it's extra work and you're FORCED into it.

How are you forced into it? There is a choice with HotW. Yes if you want to do the highest DPS possible and you can actually pull off the rotation you will choose DoC. That does not make HotW any less viable. It has more utility and flexiblity. I don't see FORCED anywhere in our talents other then SotF.

Okay let's pull strings here - you aren't literally forced into it at gunpoint.

If you want to do comparatively good damage though, you're forced into it as the other options just won't compete. HotW is substantially less dmg if DoC is done right.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
After using a finisher you have 8 seconds to generate 4 combo points not really a big ask. If you are energy pooling like you should be - at the very least before using a finisher - this shouldn't be hard. We aren't a GCD limited button mashing class. Slowing down and keeping your energy as close to max while not capping will massively benefit your deeps. Taking nature's swiftness lets you stuff up the rotation every minute anyway. DoC really isn't that much added complication.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you want to do comparatively good damage though, you're forced into it as the other options just won't compete. HotW is substantially less dmg if DoC is done right.

Why do you feel this way? My guild is not Top 20 but still very well progressed. I have used HotW for several kills we would not have made had I used DoC. I remember Heroic Tsulong I was last on the damage meters, but if you added my healing from HotW up with my damage I contributed more than any other DPS.

I konw other druids who are much more progressed then myself who use HotW only for progression. So please tell me how it can't compete?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]