Just dinged 90 and need boomkin PvP gear tips

90 Worgen Druid
Hey guys. I Just dinged 90 a couple hours ago and I just got my first couple pieces of PvP gear. Only thing is, is that I have no idea how to gem anything or what or if I should reforge. I've been checking out other druids on armory but I'm seeing all sorts of different combinations in talents and gems. When I was leveling I believed I was going to be geming mostly resil, but I also heard that resil was nerfed this patch and PvP was the knew stat to go with.
So yeah, I'm in a circle of confusion with all the different responses I'm getting. If anyone could clear this beginner stuff up for me I'd appreciate it! :D
tyty!
Edited by Tëamfourstar on 3/17/2013 12:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Checking your armory I'm assuming you mean as Boomkin so I'll try to help. You'll want haste and mastery as your main stats for Boomkin PvP. I don't play boomkin much so I don't know which is better but both are good. Haste makes your casts faster when you need them and more ticks. Mastery will make everything hit harder in eclipse states which with the 4 piece bonus you'll usually be in them. I'd personally recommend using Wild Charge, Nature's Swiftness, Typhoon, Incarnation, Vortex (Definitely. If used with Solar Beam it's like an 8 second silence.), and Nature's Vigil. Gem for PvP power and int and haste but every gem should have PvP power on them. Just my personal thoughts on Boomkin PvP
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Don't gem mastery and haste. Use all crit gems for SS procs and the rest int/pvp power. In general you shouldn't be hard casting in BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
This is what I mean :(
One person says go haste and mastery, while the other says go crit gems and int/pvp power.
Bump!
I need all the advice I can get :O
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Your gemming should prioritize resilience... so gem:
xxx / resilience to match color requirements.

for reforging... this is what everyone is doing:
Haste to some breakpoint or comfort level, then crit.

But some people are comfortable with 0 haste.

Once you reach the gear cap, think about removing resilience if you feel you need more damage. Replace those gems with PvP power.
Edited by Clay on 3/17/2013 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Gem every socket with some form of pvp power on it. Red: Int and pvp power, Blue: Pvp power, Yellow: Resilience and pvp power. Pvp power is even more beneficial now with 25% of it affecting healing. For stats definitely Crit>Mastery>Haste. You rarely get to free cast in pvp so that's 1 of the benefits of haste gone.
Reply Quote
I tried the 5273 dot tick haste cap for awhile and can safely say the 2% or so crit I got from swapping things around feels a lot better.

As was said above, crit for reforge, pvp power and resil for gems. If you're new to the class I'd recommend gemming more towards resil until you're more used to the playstyle.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
When you get your full set of honor gear, gem crit/int/pvp power.

Every single slot in my gear has crit on it. Red sockets have Crit/Int, Yellow sockets have Crit and Blue sockets have Crit/PvP Power.

I recently changed to crit and it has been a blessing to have. If my team is good, then I can just dot !@#$ up the whole entire time and proc starsurges.

I have never gone for the haste breakpoint. It's pointless in pvp and you shouldn't be casting (in most cases).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have been told noxxic.com is pretty much spot on. I use it myself for feral.
Edited by Blisskit on 3/17/2013 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I have been told noxxic.com is pretty much spot on. I use it myself for feral.

I would never be caught dead using Noxxic.com for balance druid stat priorities ... pve or pvp.
This is what they said to reforge for pvp:

6% Spell Hit (Hit | Spirit) > PvP Power > Intellect > PvP Resilience > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Yeah, no. Clearly don't understand what they're talking about. xD
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Thanks so much guys, I appreciate all the feedback :D
Now I have a much better understanding of this class, thanks again for going into detail with personal experience on different combinations too <3
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Roll another toon! Doesnt matter what you gear in. Balance druids suck in pvp. Its a fact! Go feral if you want to pvp and dont make the mistake of thinking you can make balance work in pvp., It wont happen. The are broken so bad right now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Roll another toon! Doesnt matter what you gear in. Balance druids suck in pvp. Its a fact! Go feral if you want to pvp and dont make the mistake of thinking you can make balance work in pvp., It wont happen. The are broken so bad right now.

One of the three best RBG specs is "broken" right now. Kay.

If you're one of those arena elitists who think that RBG's don't matter, balance is also very good with the right comp. And at all resil levels, a boomkin who knows how to play can global anyone with CD's up.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Offensive crit route : Hit cap > Crit > Int > PvP Power > Mastery > Haste

Offensive route : Hit cap > Int > PvP Power > Crit > Mastery > Haste

Defensive route : Hit cap > PvP Resilience > Int > PvP Power > Crit > Mastery > Haste (get socket bonuses)

Overly Defensive : Hit cap > PvP Resilience > Stamina > Int > PvP Power > Crit > Mastery > Haste (don't get socket bonuses unless it's resilience)

In my opinion, going offensive will give you too little damage gain (less than 15%) for a huge loss in defensive stats (up to 25% effective health!). In RBGs, going all crit doesn't have much effect since you already get a bunch of procs since there are so many targets. It also makes you a dead glass cannon on any switch. The most used is probably the defensive route where you maximize your resilience while still getting sockets or the overly defensive where you just go all resilience (favored route for many classes other than druid due to the great relative gains from resilience).
Edited by Billgatez on 3/18/2013 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
@Billgatez, I think you might be wrong about Int > PvP Power for offensive route

see my post here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197651299
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
@Billgatez, I think you might be wrong about Int > PvP Power for offensive route

see my post here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197651299

Interesting. Although gemming defensively, you never have to choose.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]