Ho do you know someone played vanilla?

92 Orc Shaman
A better question is why do you care if someone played in vanilla.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
<--- Legionaire Title, back when PVP was fun, 2 hours AV anyone ?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
<--- Legionaire Title, back when PVP was fun, 27 hours AV anyone ?

fix'd that for ya.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
03/18/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Kybeorie
or check their 'cheves, if they have a pvp FoS from 2008 then they got the pvp rank in vanilla.

Knight Kybeorie!

I've played in vanilla, since 45 minutes after release. It took me that long to drive to the Walmart 7 minutes away, stand in a line with 3 other nerds at 12:01 AM, then get it to bring back home.

I did not have to install the CD/DVD, since the open beta client was the same (was in beta phase 3, 4 then the open beta.) It did some minimal patch then I was good to go.

This was my second character. I was bored, and jaded, on my priest at level 60 when I made this one. Then this one got to 60 easily, then was bored. So I did PVP at tarren mill, since there were no battlegrounds yet.

I still have some fun emails, in my yahoo mails. They are being invited to beta phase 3, 4, then the open beta. Then there are some customer service emails just after the release of the game, which they answered.

I still think the Open Beta Event on the last day was the best even ever lol all the GM that were controlling all the Boss spawns lol
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
<--- Legionaire Title, back when PVP was fun, 2 hours AV anyone ?

That was nothing, several times they would go for day on Uther (were I started) and even once I got into a new game on tuesday, and fought in the same game again and again. Server Maintenance the following tuesday won the match.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
The best PvP was SS vs TM lol
Reply Quote
71 Tauren Shaman
03/18/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Elbeghast
The best PvP was SS vs TM lol

They attack SS. We attack TM. Meanwhile, the lowbies in the Yeti cave (who are only questing) are being ruthlessly ganked by bored rogues and druids.

Ahhh Good times...

And if Blizz was serious about bringing World PvP back into the game, they'd look into what made the SS/TM dichotomy work. Everyone as far as I knew, from RP, PvP and PvE got involved in those raids. There was no reward. There was no intent other than to hit the enemy faction's town as hard as possible and draw out other players to fight. We did it just because we could.
Edited by Yawaog on 3/18/2013 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I wear my tabard to prove I played during vanilla.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Only through being honest about my degree of baddity can I confirm my status as a Vanilla player ...

Warrior, specced Arms, that dual-wielded. Maxed-out talent points in sword, mace, and axe specializations (hey hey, never know what kind of weapons I'll want to use on any given day). Spent most of my time trying to tank dungeons with that spec, never being able to figure out why I couldn't hold threat.

P.S. Also ticketed many players that whipped my !@# in w-pvp for "cheating" because I could never figure out how an awesome OMG-RAWR-SMASH-UR-FACE warrior like me could die.

Good times.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Not that I care when someone began playing but I am a bit confused as to my own official start date. Looking at warcraftrealms.com (thanks for the link) nothing shows that I saw until this character was lvl 37 I think it was.

I honestly do not know when I actually created this character but was playing in classic before Burning Crusade launched. I have attempted before to find an actual create date without success, maybe I am not doing it right, I do not know. How does one find out the correct date or exact date their own first character was created? Would just like to know for myself.

Thanks for any advice on this:)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Only through being honest about my degree of baddity can I confirm my status as a Vanilla player ...

Warrior, specced Arms, that dual-wielded. Maxed-out talent points in sword, mace, and axe specializations (hey hey, never know what kind of weapons I'll want to use on any given day). Spent most of my time trying to tank dungeons with that spec, never being able to figure out why I couldn't hold threat.

P.S. Also ticketed many players that whipped my !@# in w-pvp for "cheating" because I could never figure out how an awesome OMG-RAWR-SMASH-UR-FACE warrior like me could die.

Good times.

Yup, mistakes like this.

A great many years ago, before corruption was instant like it is today, it took 5 talent points to reduce corruption from its 2 second cast time. From 1-55, I would go around the World of WarCraft, stopping for two seconds at a time to cast corruption on things. So many weird looks from people, no idea what I was doing wrong.

The good old days.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I simply tell them "The vendor does not want that item" because it's broken.

Done.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/18/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Zariiah

That only shows up on the character that actually got it.

Maybe you're thinking about the title? This character has one of those feats of strength and there's no way I could have earned it on her.

I just realized it must be a cross faction thing. This character does not have a FoS, but the Horde characters I have show Scout.
Reply Quote
27 Pandaren Monk
They preform poorly in raid settings, and when approached, justify it by saying "I used to do hardcore raiding"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have attempted before to find an actual create date without success, maybe I am not doing it right, I do not know. How does one find out the correct date or exact date their own first character was created? Would just like to know for myself.

You can't get character creation information, but you can get your signup date. Log into battle.net, go to your WoW account and click View Account History. You can see the date you signed up, and every billing transaction since. It's interesting to see things like when you let your sub lapse and when Blizzard gave time credits (there's a cluster around WotLK's release).
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Thankyou Belorion for the info, will do that:)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
03/18/2013 11:39 AMPosted by Belorion
I have attempted before to find an actual create date without success, maybe I am not doing it right, I do not know. How does one find out the correct date or exact date their own first character was created? Would just like to know for myself.

You can't get character creation information, but you can get your signup date. Log into battle.net, go to your WoW account and click View Account History. You can see the date you signed up, and every billing transaction since. It's interesting to see things like when you let your sub lapse and when Blizzard gave time credits (there's a cluster around WotLK's release).

Where do I find that option?

I can access my transaction history, but that doesn't cover anything before my Wow/Battle.net account merge.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
@ Annoroth, same here, tried it, no history prior to battlenet merge, oh well, I have been playing for years. Will try again later, maybe something is glitchy today.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]