Ho do you know someone played vanilla?

90 Draenei Paladin
You should be able to see your start date by clicking " Account history" next to your summary under the account. My date is 5/28/2006, but I only played solidly for a year or two before starting my on again, off again relationship haha.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
A pic of my PvP rogue back in the day lol
http://s144.photobucket.com/user/Jacara81/media/WoWScrnShot_050306_142340.jpg.html

A Pic from Alpha WoW....wish we had the 4 trinket slots again lol
http://s144.photobucket.com/user/Jacara81/media/25k6geg.jpg.html

And one of my MC raids back in the day:
http://s144.photobucket.com/user/Jacara81/media/WoWScrnShot_121006_205909.jpg.html
Edited by Jacara on 3/18/2013 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
well, in my case i just show my mini-diablo collectors pet and that's usually enough proof.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
"I've been playing since Vanilla WoW, ___________."

I've been playing since Vanilla WoW, and I can confirm this is true.
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin
I don't understand the point of this thread.

That's because there isn't one.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
To be fair, I shouldn't have to tell the word when the only mount I ride is my Zebracorn, and my Baby Blizzard Bear never leaves my side.

Hah! I've only played since Wrath and I know what's wrong with this.
Edited by Phreska on 3/18/2013 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Undead Priest
we normally talk about how fun and difficult the game was back in our day with the 40 man raids. and such.they're not too hard to spot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/18/2013 11:42 AMPosted by Annorroth

You can't get character creation information, but you can get your signup date. Log into battle.net, go to your WoW account and click View Account History. You can see the date you signed up, and every billing transaction since. It's interesting to see things like when you let your sub lapse and when Blizzard gave time credits (there's a cluster around WotLK's release).

Where do I find that option?

I can access my transaction history, but that doesn't cover anything before my Wow/Battle.net account merge.

Log in to your battle.net account, click on your WoW account, click View Account History in the list to the right. You should be able to scroll backwards through your payments. Mine goes back all the way, the earliest entries are:

09/24/2006 $14.99 USD 1-month Recurring, $14.99 USD Expired
09/22/2006 N/A 1-day Credit Expired
08/22/2006 N/A Free Month Expired
08/12/2006 N/A Recruit-a-Friend (10 Days Free)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Tell them to drop their pants. People who played back in Vanilla have larger pee-pees. /flex
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
How do you know someone played vanilla?
Frankly Scarlett........
As long as you are playing the game now and having fun is all that matters to me.
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Hunter
Back in my day we didn't have these stupid threads poking fun at vanilla players. We walked up hills both ways in the snow because we didn't get our mount 'til 40, had daylong AVs, and got ganked in Stranglethorn Vale... and we LIKED it!
Edited by Norke on 3/18/2013 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
32 Troll Druid
You look at our feats of strength and see our old school pvp titles.

nough said.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

nough said.

True that does prove that someone did play in Vanilla. However the lack of one does not prove that someone did not.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I've been playing since vanilla (I have an old PvP title as proof) but I think it would be pointless to add a feature showing when someone started playing the game. If anything else, it would be used by trolls on the forums to discount people's views.
Reply Quote
92 Dwarf Hunter
Good guy Shortsighted has played since Vanilla and knows he's not a god because of it. Just a WoW addict. Who needs help. *Que dramatic music*
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

nough said.

True that does prove that someone did play in Vanilla. However the lack of one does not prove that someone did not.

Yeah. I quit bgs the day I learned that you can't miss a day.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I've been playing since icecream, and all this thread does is make me want vanilla icecream.

Every time.
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
I can easily prove I've been playing since Vanilla.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dethecus/Drlnazzir/simple
Compare the achievements with Deatherknite here.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/45060705

Earliest activity was in '06.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Two easy ways they have a jaded and generally cynical view of the game....

.....or they are not playing instead of posting here.

But, but, I still love this game and I'm both playing, waiting for rain to get a baby ape pet, and posting here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]