Rogue 5.2 One Shot Macro

90 Undead Rogue
Hi All,
So upon the release of 5.2 and the new ability Marked for Death I decided to try out this build to see how much damage I could put out with one macro. Needless to day my results were superb and many Alliance perished at the hands of this macro.

Keep in mind that this spec/macro is designed for pub stomping in BGs/World PVP.

Let me know what you guys think! If you want to see the macro just check out the youtube video description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpW4HX6sg1c
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Hitting people in bad gear for big numbers

yay?
Reply Quote
25 Undead Rogue
Hitting people in bad gear for big numbers

yay?

reading comprehension is hard.

he clearly stated he uses it in bg's/world pvp. did you expect something else????

either way, I enjoyed the video and the huge numbers. sounds like fun to try it out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
awesome video

I feel a nerf coming though :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Good stuff.

I hope not, in terms of a nerf. He's zerking through most of those videos.

The combination of talents he has is pretty much an all or nothing spec. If he can't kill in the opener, he's going to die a painful miserable death. It's really only for pub BG stomping as he points out.

It's rare you'll get a kill on someone with 65% or more Resil, especially if they have healers. Not saying it's impossible, because I've been absolutey melted by a Rogue once on my War in a few seconds. But that happened once. A few seconds later, I respawned, Rogue tried to pull the same thing again, and this time I popped War CDs on him and turned around with a 248k hit to his face.

More often than not (on my Rogue, Mage, and War) I end up with the Marked for Death debuff on me, but one dead Rogue who attacked me. I really don't see Marked for Death being as versatile as ST.

What this really illustrates more than anything is the wide gap between PVP geared players and those who aren't.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I dont get why people claim one shot macros....that arent 1 shot macros.

a 1 shot macros literally one shots someone....in the vid you clearly had to whtile them down first with Garrote, and setup with CS and vanish before you even started doing damage.

Not knocking the macro or anything (though seems like an uneeded waste of CDs like vanish) buts its not a one shot by definition.
Reply Quote
swifty -not so one shot- one shot macro right here guys
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I dont get why people claim one shot macros....that arent 1 shot macros.

a 1 shot macros literally one shots someone....in the vid you clearly had to whtile them down first with Garrote, and setup with CS and vanish before you even started doing damage.

Not knocking the macro or anything (though seems like an uneeded waste of CDs like vanish) buts its not a one shot by definition.

You're definitely right it is a waste and not really a true one shot macro.

the only true one shot macro existed in Vanilla and I believe it was something along the lines of

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=5 arcane power, presence of mind, pyroblast

God I miss vanilla so much :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
the only true one shot macro existed in Vanilla and I believe it was something along the lines of

#showtooltip

Or, you know, Ambush a clothie with no defensive things active.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Oh god how could I forget

#showtooltip
/cast ambush

:P
Although if they did have defensive abilities up just blind them and do the class expose armor trick
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

#showtooltip
/cast ambush

Umm...what?

If thats all you are doing why not just use the button itself?
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue

#showtooltip
/cast ambush

Umm...what?

Cause then it wouldn't be a One Shot MACRO, silly Timat!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Rogue

#showtooltip

or wear entire mage gear, trinket spell power / trinket 6 demon bag. oh wait. jst me.
Reply Quote
I miss auto-crit Ambushes on casters who were sitting because they were eating or drinking. Completely unfair, but oh so fun.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Good stuff.

I hope not, in terms of a nerf. He's zerking through most of those videos.

The combination of talents he has is pretty much an all or nothing spec. If he can't kill in the opener, he's going to die a painful miserable death. It's really only for pub BG stomping as he points out.

It's rare you'll get a kill on someone with 65% or more Resil, especially if they have healers. Not saying it's impossible, because I've been absolutey melted by a Rogue once on my War in a few seconds. But that happened once. A few seconds later, I respawned, Rogue tried to pull the same thing again, and this time I popped War CDs on him and turned around with a 248k hit to his face.

More often than not (on my Rogue, Mage, and War) I end up with the Marked for Death debuff on me, but one dead Rogue who attacked me. I really don't see Marked for Death being as versatile as ST.

What this really illustrates more than anything is the wide gap between PVP geared players and those who aren't.

I'm often running away victorious on my rogue and spriest with that silly debuff on me. Still not used to it so I always mouseover to see what it is. Lol moment.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Umm...what?

http://i56.tinypic.com/15rh84i.jpg
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Just gave this macro a try and I only have one thing to say...

marry me. <3
Edited by Hotpantz on 3/19/2013 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
so much seriousness in this thread.
OP is playing around , lighten up people.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Hmm...macro does not seem to work.
Reply Quote
Ahh that was enjoyable to watch. Thanks! I always loved, regardless of the game, watching rogues drop giant critical shots on the unsuspecting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]