Updating wowprogress?

1 Orc Shaman
As far as I can tell there isn't a forum for that site so figured I'd ask here.

I've been looking at the Pet Score server ratings board over there and am kind of confused as to how it works. A person will get added to the list the first time you tell it to scan for their guild, but then hitting the 'update guild progress' button seems to only check for new guild members, and not update the existing ones.

If you want to see an accurate ranking, do you have to hit the update button on each character's page, rather than each guild's page?
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't quite get how the server pet score ranking works. Is each person tied to only 1 server, even though achievements/pets are account wide? What keeps someone from using their characters on other servers to rank?
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
I don't quite get how the server pet score ranking works. Is each person tied to only 1 server, even though achievements/pets are account wide? What keeps someone from using their characters on other servers to rank?

Looks like it picks a main based on highest equipped item level (unless maybe if they've registered at the site?), and only puts that character in the rankings - I have characters on a couple places and they're identified as my alts, but they don't show up on their servers' lists.
Edited by Detran on 3/19/2013 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
You can update individual character profiles:

for me:
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/blackrock/Roanranger/pets

there's a button on the right side saying 'update now'.

Wowprogress just assigns a score to all your pets based on level and rarity. So it's basically a collection manager though. That might change if we ever get better PvP tracking tools.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
That might change if we ever get better PvP tracking tools.

They have no plans on tracking anything more than wins, ever.

Edit: they = blizz
Edited by Hearus on 3/19/2013 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Plans change constantly, reading between the lines they rolled out Pet Battles slowly because they didn't know how people would take to it. Quite reasonably a wait and see approach.

Since then; they've been giving it more and more support (hell, we just got our first Blue fluff thread the other day).

So never say never.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
So never say never.

Did you listen to the 5.2 interviews? There is a reason I mentioned it. They do not want lack of participation because people are afraid to have loses/rank show on the armory. I am not going to 100% say never but it is very very unlikely to ever happen.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
And immediately after stating their original intentions to keep it casual friendly (anonymous and not win/loss tracking), he said that that people like PvP and he wants to give better tools for them to track how they're doing and were going to ease in PvP support.

So, really he gave a non-answer which is typical of Blizzard.

Besides; this is Wowprogress we're talking about; even if all they do is his suggestion of tracking max-level PvP wins you know Wowprogress is going to blow that up to mean something it doesn't in terms of 'Pet Score'.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
For funsies, I tried to update this character on Wow progress, using the update now button. I am still not showing up on the server list though. So maybe Wowprogress does assign a "main".
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
To update Pet Score on wowprogress you must update your MAIN profile and when I say "main" profile it's not what you probably think is your "main" character, it's what wowprogress show you as main character.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
You can update individual character profiles:

for me:
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/blackrock/Roanranger/pets

there's a button on the right side saying 'update now'.

To update Pet Score on wowprogress you must update your MAIN profile and when I say "main" profile it's not what you probably think is your "main" character, it's what wowprogress show you as main character.

I get that the character's update button is an option. I'm asking if I'm missing something or if there's no way to update an entire guild at once - the guild update button only seems to check new members and look for guild raid progress.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]