Advice for others on Kanrethad Ebonlocke

85 Human Warlock
OP I'd like to thank you so very much. Was bashing my head against this encounter on another account and couldn't manage to get it down. Reading your post gave me a epiphany to merge some of your advice with the strat I was doing and it worked out flawlessly.

Thanks a ton. :D Kan: 220 Me: 1 ><
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Iscariah
Iscariah, why are you being so hostile? Okay, even if I was wrong about the SacPac thing that doesn't mean I don't understand the mechanics of the fight. I'm just TRYING to help people. If it doesn't work for them, then I apologise. Its what worked for me.
I sorry, was rough morning at work. I have food in me now and feel rather silly about my comment. I am sorry and retract my previous statement. Thank you for trying to help ppl. I've been trying to help my guildies but they get frustrated too easily and I'm not going to do the fight for them.

Not a problem man haha. We all have those days xD.
Reply Quote
OP I'd like to thank you so very much. Was bashing my head against this encounter on another account and couldn't manage to get it down. Reading your post gave me a epiphany to merge some of your advice with the strat I was doing and it worked out flawlessly.

Thanks a ton. :D Kan: 220 Me: 1 ><

I'm glad I could help out :D That's pretty much what I wanted to do, not provide a full guide but just give some bits and pieces of information to exchange in strats to give people what works best for them personally!

Congrats on your green fire!
Edited by Felhawk on 3/20/2013 10:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Looking for a little advice. I am now passed imp x2, fel pups x2 and doomlords x2. However, for some reason I'm getting my !@# handed to me in the last imp stage. Honestly, bit tired at this point and wondered if there are any 'hints' folks have that'd help :) Thanks muchly in advance
Reply Quote
I added a bit of a section as well moi at the end of my original post explaining the third imp phase :) That is assuming however you have it on or near 20% by that point
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Health funnel?

Ain't nobody got time fo dat!
Reply Quote
^ this
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Many thanks to everyone for their advice and to Felhawk for all his last night. I finally got it this morning and it's such a good rush! :)

My crucial sticking point having to renslave the pitlord before second Doomlord so I had time to deal with the imp wave. Then with the dps at the end when you are swamped with imps. Soulshatter, pop all defensives, and just ROF the imps. Then Soulburn soulburn.

I seriously doubted myself for awhile, but you can do this fellow warlocks!!

Also - to all those warlocks I've seen outside BT - good luck! And thanks for the camaraderie, I have never felt this before from the warlocks and its been great to be a part of it!

<3
Edited by Moirasha on 3/21/2013 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
umm i would like to say i love you this made the fight really freaking easy i 1 shot it after trying your strat with the felhunters and portals on top of that its my birthday so it was a awesome reward. sorry for typos/grammar just super excited
Reply Quote
umm i would like to say i love you this made the fight really freaking easy i 1 shot it after trying your strat with the felhunters and portals on top of that its my birthday so it was a awesome reward. sorry for typos/grammar just super excited

Glad to help man :) Congratulations!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I haven't paid attention to all of these threads, but I'd like to point out that the add-on NeedToKnow is spectacular for tracking Enslave Demon.

· Right-click the NeedToKnow bar after installation.
· Choose buff/debuff to time = Enslave Demon
· Bar type = Debuff
· Unit to monitor = Pet
· Time format = Fractional seconds
· Set it to whatever color you want and put it near your pit lord's frame, or where you'll notice it.
· /needtoknow (This will enable the bars.)

An example of how I set mine:
http://oi48.tinypic.com/34glvs1.jpg
Edited by Dohra on 3/22/2013 12:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the suggestion Dohra. You only really need to cast Enslave demon once though during the fight
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Thanks for the suggestion Dohra. You only really need to cast Enslave demon once though during the fight

I like to think of it as a just-in-case precaution.
Reply Quote
True that
Reply Quote
Would just like to say thank you everyone for the feedback on the strategy :D I'm glad you all like it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I found the post to be helpful. Can't wait to get home and try it out.
two question though: is it possible to use the charge stun to interrupt the summoning of the first round of felhounds? Has any demo spec lock tested the sacrificed felguard charge stun to interrupt cataclysm? If the lock himself could use felguard sac charge against cataclysm you could pretty much use the pit lords every time it was on cool down
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I found the post to be helpful. Can't wait to get home and try it out.
two question though: is it possible to use the charge stun to interrupt the summoning of the first round of felhounds? Has any demo spec lock tested the sacrificed felguard charge stun to interrupt cataclysm? If the lock himself could use felguard sac charge against cataclysm you could pretty much use the pit lords every time it was on cool down
Reply Quote
It doesn't unfortunately no. He'll keep casting it regardless :( Would make the whole thing way too damn easy if you could.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
SKP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxmB1-BME4M

One of my attempts, I got fel flames the next day. Forgot to record it. I posted the vid on youtube to show a friend how I handled it. At the time there was very little to read up on it and very few videos. It's unedited and I'm tired, but it shows clearly how I handle each phase without much fuss. I even make mistakes and recover from them! I hope this helps anyone get fel flames :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]