Advice for others on Kanrethad Ebonlocke

Thanks for your input Zysis :D. I'm glad other people are putting their bits and pieces in too. Now we can all watch the world burn....in green fire.
Reply Quote
Agree with what Nocturnus said for the castbars. Just do that :)

And glad I was able to help, Noct :D. Yeah, I agree that demonic gateway glyph is bad I never used it. Personally, I love Kil'Jaeden's Cunning. You can either just hit escape (thats what I do) to cancel a cast if you really need to which I never found I had to during Kanrethad. But each to their own! There are also cancel cast macros out there as well to use in conjunction with KC
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
http://i.imgur.com/0nHqwgd.jpg

Setup that worked for me.

Tips:

-Don't complicate yourself with needless aoe or soulshattering. The only aoe you should be using is your pitlord's fel flame. A /cast [@player] -spell name- macro makes it so you can turn the aoe into a wider arc if you move since the pitlord follows you as he casts it.

The only threat dropping should be made by smart use of charge and using gateway on every cd. He kinda drops aggro everytime he repositions.

-Know when to charge. Basically, know when to waste charge without getting a cataclysm. It'll take you a few wipes to see when if you haven't done him yet. Fel flame should be always on cd except as he's casting summon imps or doom lord.

-Once it aggroes the pitlord, forget about it. If you don't happen to kill all the imps when they first come out but they aggro'd your pitlord then you can safely ignore them. You should be aggroing the doom lords as they come out as always.

-Pitlord re-enslaving should be done after a cataclysm stun or while he's summoning imps or a doom lord since it's the "easiest" time to do it. Just remember to drop your aggro and make him pick up everything.

-DON'T WASTE EMBERS. This is the most important thing I can say, don't waste your embers on pointless aoe or an unneeded heal when you can use your pitlord heal. Your embers are for burning down the felhounds as fast as possible.

One last thing, before he starts to summon felhounds, you have about 2 to 3 casts of his to heal up, dispel yourself and to hide your pitlord. After the cataclysm that leaded into the 1st and 2nd felhound summon, I immediately sent him to his hiding spot.
Edited by Merik on 3/26/2013 10:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't see whats wrong / complicated with soul shattering once or twice during the fight before the fel hunter phase. You can't even use the demonic gateway then because you'll have no threat on the fel hunters and they'll go to the pitlord :P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
He'll aggro you because you should be blowing up on him the second he comes out.

I never had any issues with felhunter aggro.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
You could always use the glyph of health funnel saved my !@# plenty of times when pit lord got way too low.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I never Los the cb it only does like 350k damage just make sure boss is dispelled
Reply Quote
The chaos bolt is survivable technically, yeah ;P Still not all that advisable
Reply Quote
It's crazy just how over complicated this fight can be made during the fel hunter phase. Its so simple when you do it right xD
Reply Quote
Just an update, BattleTag is now Felhawk#1979

Edit: Realised I can just edit the first post in the first place xD oops.
Edited by Felhawk on 4/24/2013 9:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
ok so one of the BIGGEST problems i am having is the black swirl things that root you in place while doing damage AND the stuns coming from (im guessing kanrethad). I have watched 4 videos and NONE of them seem to have a problem with this. Is anyone having this problem?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
ok so one of the BIGGEST problems i am having is the black swirl things that root you in place while doing damage AND the stuns coming from (im guessing kanrethad). I have watched 4 videos and NONE of them seem to have a problem with this. Is anyone having this problem?

The only thing that stuns during that fight aside from pit lord are annoying imps, which require your pit lord to breath on you to dispell them. As for black swirl, I can not for the life of me figure out what you're talking about, majority of things I remember from my kill and many wipes were either imp stuns at bad times(during chaos, felhunt spawns, etc), or an occasional chaos bolt glitch through pillars(thank god for new soul leech or I wouldn't have got said kill for awhile longer).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
it took me over 40 attempts but i finally got my green fire. i tried various methods but yours was by far the best and the easiest. thank you so much for the tips, such a challenging and epic fight, im not sure if anything is ever going to live up to that.
Reply Quote
it took me over 40 attempts but i finally got my green fire. i tried various methods but yours was by far the best and the easiest. thank you so much for the tips, such a challenging and epic fight, im not sure if anything is ever going to live up to that.

Glad to hear it dude :D. Congratulations on the Green Fire. Definitely amongst one of the most challenging things I've done in my gaming life.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Warlock
MVP

I'm pretty sure this is what you're talking about

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=138587#screenshots

after the debuff expires it spawns a random effect, one of which is those shadow pools, another of which is an imp that will periodically stun you. I was having a problem with both of those, and the solution is to make heavy use of Singe Magic and your Pit Lord's Fel Breath to dispel it before it expires.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]