Free Accounts = no access to trade / gen chat

20 Tauren Druid
You can't just ban the trolls because they spawn like mad.

They are so foul, and nobody can do anything about it besides this suggestion in title.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Free/trial accounts don't have the ability to talk in trade/general/any chat. The only way they can whisper you is if they are on your friends list.

You're seeing paying players, not trial accounts.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

They are so foul, and nobody can do anything about it besides this suggestion in title.

Um they are banned from chatting in any channels last i checked. The people spamming aren't on trial account they are on stolen accounts.
Reply Quote

Blizz should get on this. Oh wait :P

Players on Starter Edition game licenses have the following restrictions:
* Characters cannot exceed level 20, 10 gold, and 100 trade skill ranks.
* Characters cannot participate in Pet Battles.
* Chat communication limited to say and party.
* Cannot send whispers unless the Starter Edition character is on the recipient’s friends list, or unless the Starter Edition character is replying to a whisper.
* Cannot trade, create or join guilds, invite players into a party, or disable experience gains.
* Cannot use the mailbox or Auction House.
* Voice chat and Real ID features are disabled.
* If there are login queues, the system will prioritize players who have full accounts.
* Starter Edition accounts are not eligible for value added services (character transfers, faction changes, etc.).
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-starter-edition-account-faq
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
if you're talking about gold spammers, they use hacked accounts.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
* Chat communication limited to say and party.

And you won't even be able to hear their "says" once you are over level 30 or so.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
you can't even send them money..i tried with one of mine and had to wait a month to get my money back lol
i had one back when you needed a party to do raids..
Edited by Ceka on 3/20/2013 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
Certainly seems as if they have hamstringed new accounts with this setup where they can't say anything to anyone. I myself just started a third account which currently is trial(yes I have 2 paid accounts) Truly seems odd especially if the trial account is attached to an account in "good standing" why should I not have the option to atleast offer assistance to players inquiring on quests or other such? What just because they have a paid account and my third isn't one I wouldn't have pertinent information for them? I do have to say if this was done to stop gold sellers or excessive spamming it was a very poor job and a quick fix for it. Perhaps if it went off of battle.net account and of course leaving the limitations of level 20 no more than x gold can't join guilds or buy from the ah, even if it wasn't tied to battle.net account(s) at least even new players would have the opportunity to experience more of WOW than just the excessively watered down version that is currently available for trial accounts.
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Warlock

Trial accounts can't access general or trade chat, neither can they whisper you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]