Holy word sanctuary does too little healing?

90 Blood Elf Priest
What do you guys think of it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's crap.

GC thinks its just dandy!

He also says Chakra is Holy's "resource" and compared it to Paladin's Holy Power......

He's also the reason why I'll probably never play holy (my preferred healing spec) in PvE again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I like the sparkles.

Sadly, the prettier the ground effect is, the worse throughput it has.

Then again, we could be in the situation of Resto Shaman. I don't think any of us really want to be shackled to Holy Word: Sanctuary for most of our throughput.
Reply Quote
8 Dwarf Priest
i'd like it to be holy's spirit shell analogue.

i.e. 1 min cd and does something slightly more interesting than ground effect heal. maybe ground effect heal for 10 sec every 2 sec (so 5 ticks for some pretty hefty healing) and 4% less magical damage taken per tick, up to 20% at the end, lasting 5 sec. so the magic reduction buff lasts 15 sec total, with some ramp up time.

idk, i'm off in fantasy land where holy word: sanctuary doesn't suck. i prefer living there, rather than in actual wow where the best thing about the spell, and also pretty much only reason to ever cast it, is its artwork.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/09/2013 05:22 AMPosted by Kolas
i'd like it to be holy's spirit shell analogue.

We don't really need more cooldowns. But something like:

Holy Word: Sanctuary (x% mana, Instant) - Places a 15' yard radius sanctuary at the target. Whenever you heal a player within the Sanctuary, all other members of the party or raid within the Sanctuary divide an equal amount of healing. Placing a sanctuary removes any other sanctuaries you cast.

wouldn't be too bad.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
It's awful. But once we're in the highest tier gear and mana is running like a river, we'll use it to pad our throughput.
Too bad its too expensive to use for 80% of the expansion though.
Edited by Ticktacktick on 3/10/2013 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
I think if it got buffed you would be nerfed, are you ok with that?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

No, which is why I am unconcerned.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I was silly and was using it in 10mans when I was trying to get back into Holy. I was complaining heavily about my mana problems. Removed from toolbar and mana problems fixed with higher HPS.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's bad. But Holy plays fine without it (arguably better than if we were expected to use it). Just pretend it doesn't exist, you'll be fine.
Edited by Kaels on 3/11/2013 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Holy word: mana burn is good for shiny sparkles and removing your mana. If you weren't expecting it to do any healing, you are fine. If you expected healing from it, then you will be sorely disappointed (and will probably go OOM).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Personally I think it'd be nice to bring something unique to Holy that no other healing spec could bring. That's why I wish Sanctuary could apply a modified version of Inspiration to targets standing within it. It'd be a nice counterpart to Devotion Aura (magical damage only vs. physical damage only raid cooldowns).

This might mean Sanc would have to be on a longer cooldown, or provide only a very small damage reduction bonus with its current cooldown, but it would at least be interesting IMO! Small heals + small damage reduction seems worthwhile to me :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Personally I think it'd be nice to bring something unique to Holy that no other healing spec could bring. That's why I wish Sanctuary could apply a modified version of Inspiration to targets standing within it. It'd be a nice counterpart to Devotion Aura (magical damage only vs. physical damage only raid cooldowns).

This might mean Sanc would have to be on a longer cooldown, or provide only a very small damage reduction bonus with its current cooldown, but it would at least be interesting IMO! Small heals + small damage reduction seems worthwhile to me :)

A more likely idea would be to have HW:S apply a duplicate of the Shaman Ancestral Vigor buff. A Inspiration like buff is only really valuable on tanks, and would make HPriests feel like they have to drop it on the tanks (whether or not that means it hits the optimal number of people).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
HW Sanctuary is;

a) obscenely pretty
b) obscenely useless

What else fits the criteria? The trees from your farm, of course! I like to make pretty glowing gardens while waiting between pulls.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
y u gaiz dissin mai danse flor?
Reply Quote
8 Dwarf Priest

yeah its hilarious isn't it? apparently they can't buff certain spells like that without totally gimping the class when they aren't using that spell! which is a bit different from having the situational option to use that spell. no, if you don't use it, you have literally weakest throughput in the entire game, of all healing specs (looking at you shaman).

i mean honestly, when you look at holy priests and sanctuary
vs
shaman and healing rain

i much prefer to be in the holy priest's shoes, if that is the only way they can design a spell. it just feels totally punishing to shaman when you can't use healing rain, heck you just wrote a big post about some shaman issues.

so if you're saying, do holy priests want to be shackled to sanctuary in the same way shaman are to healing rain, hell no. the fact its ground-based and limited to a certain spot should be its own limitation imo, it shouldn't drag the entire rest of the class down with it to have a spell like that have any power, or usefulness, like what happened to shaman.
Edited by Kolas on 3/11/2013 11:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/11/2013 05:33 PMPosted by Tiberria
Personally I think it'd be nice to bring something unique to Holy that no other healing spec could bring. That's why I wish Sanctuary could apply a modified version of Inspiration to targets standing within it.

A more likely idea would be to have HW:S apply a duplicate of the Shaman Ancestral Vigor buff. A Inspiration like buff is only really valuable on tanks, and would make HPriests feel like they have to drop it on the tanks (whether or not that means it hits the optimal number of people).

It's not only valuable on tanks. Force and Verve, Unseen Strike, Rain of Blades, Sonic Discharge, Horridon's Bestial Cry, Tortos' Quake Stomp, Ji-Kun's Quills, and Iron Qon's Fist Smash are all raid-wide damage abilities that Inspiration would be valuable for on the entire raid.

I think it's important to be unique.

Gotta run now though, going to see Birds of Tokyo :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I never use it anymore, well, except maybe for 5 man heroics. Other than that, defintiely not.

I do switch frequently into single target chakra C: Serenity to use the HW: Serenity.

That spell is HIGHLY underrated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]