Resto Shaman - Severely Lacking in T15

90 Draenei Shaman
We don't have a raid utility issue - we already bring enough to the raid with Stormlash, Mana Tide and Ancestral Vigor. The issue is that we don't have enough throughput or the proper tools to handle the damage patterns.

Adding more utility/damage reduction cooldowns really isn't the answer; we just straight up need a major throughput buff followed by a reevaluation of our class mechanics next tier.
90 Troll Shaman
Ok time for my own post. Anyways what if chain heal always healed for 25% more regardless of riptide (Honestly I hardly notice the buff anyways)

BUT instead if you hit a riptide target it no longer bounces BUT instead it "splash" heals 5 lowest targets in 40yrds. ....it kinda keeps within the whole shaman water heal theme.
90 Draenei Shaman
Nyx
I think two easy fixes would be to either riptide or chain heal. Blizz knows that spread raid healing is our weak spot which is why they introduced the ch and riptide glyphs. They just need to be reworked (buffed) some to make them viable choices for spread out fights.

Buff chain heal output and keep the ch glyph the same.

Change the riptide glyph to keep the front end heal.

Done and fixed.
90 Draenei Shaman
Nyx
Ok time for my own post. Anyways what if chain heal always healed for 25% more regardless of riptide (Honestly I hardly notice the buff anyways)

BUT instead if you hit a riptide target it no longer bounces BUT instead it "splash" heals 5 lowest targets in 40yrds. ....it kinda keeps within the whole shaman water heal theme.

I also thought of the same thing. It would look kinda cool and operate like wg. I visioned hitting somebody with chainheal and making them look like a sprinkler splashing the heal to 3-5 other players.

Cool idea, but hard to implement. Maybe next expansion, but not a quick fix. We need a quick fix to be decent in tot.
Edited by Krezz on 3/16/2013 1:18 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid

I'd prefer they don't change CH all together. All that it really needs is a little boost to the sp coefficient and maybe no longer a jump reduction. What you are discribing is a poor mans WG.
90 Pandaren Shaman

You realize riptide doesn't increase the amount healed by chain heal, it says it increases the cast time but i don't feel any cast time reduction, infact i don't even think the tooltip is right.
You realize riptide doesn't increase the amount healed by chain heal, it says it increases the cast time but i don't feel any cast time reduction, infact i don't even think the tooltip is right.

Wrong. Casting CH on a Riptide target increases CH's output by 25%, it does nothing to the cast time. CH4 on a RT target is still too underwhelming, however.
90 Pandaren Shaman
03/16/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Korghal

Wrong. Casting CH on a Riptide target increases CH's output by 25%, it does nothing to the cast time. CH4 on a RT target is still too underwhelming, however.

Unless the tooltip is wrong which i think it is, it currently says increases the cast time of chain heal by 25% when riptide is up, i don't feel a 25% increase chain heal, so your point is invalid.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Riptide + Chain Heal Hits for a average of 42k
Chain Heal hits for a average of 37k
someone tell me if that's 25%.
90 Draenei Shaman

That is not 25%, but are you sure you didn't have a Jade Spirit or trinket proc up for one of the casts, but not the other? I just tested it, and I am definitely getting a 25% buff to CH with Riptide on the target.
90 Pandaren Shaman

That is not 25%, but are you sure you didn't have a Jade Spirit or trinket proc up for one of the casts, but not the other? I just tested it, and I am definitely getting a 25% buff to CH with Riptide on the target.

yea actually i probably did have jade spirit up, I just tested it again without riptide im getting 30.8k , with riptide im getting 38.5k
90 Troll Shaman
To be honest if chain heal was effective HPS or HPM wise on 2 targets, and anything above that was a bonus Id be happy
90 Draenei Shaman
They could also either a.) make it instant cast with a cool down or b.) make the cast time more on par with the healing surge cast time. I hate the fact that casting tw'd hw's or ghw's during healing raid is better than using chain heal. If they kept the front loaded heal on the RT glyph it would be too strong, I wouldn't mind losing the front end if they buffed the HoT.
Edited by Shammyjake on 3/16/2013 3:25 PM PDT
90 Goblin Shaman
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Xariis/advanced

Look at Blood Legion's Resto Shaman. 18,250 spirit. You know damn well she's a glorified mana battery. Most likely just brings Resto-CDs and spam heals GHW on the tank and HR 100% on melee.

I would suggest:
  • Redesign Manatide: Nerf the potency of Manatide Totem by about half, and have the raid-wide effect be %-based. Add an additional effect that only applies to the casting Shaman, scaling with spirit as it does now. Numbers balanced to be roughly the same as they are now, giving the Shaman more personal bonus from MTT - Relieve Resto's role as a mana battery and preventing guilds from forcing spirit-stacking.
  • Chain Heal Glyph baseline, with no CD.
  • Replace old Glyph with new one: Removes/Reduces the penalty per jump of Chain Heal, add 4 second CD.
  • Buff Chain Heal by 25%, and remove the synergy with Riptide (it makes the bonus feel mandatory, not rewarding).
  • Increase the chance to proc Resurgence per jump of CH - reward maximum/proper usage.
  • Allow Chain Heal to benefit from Ancestral Awakening.
  • More ideas:
  • Add new spell that Shares CD with Healing Rain. AoE heals allies within 30 yard radius of the Shaman for 10 seconds, at about 50% less healing than the output of Healing Rain, healing allies furthest away for more. Healing Rain should be considered the go to spell for stack phases.
  • Allow Earthliving overheals to apply a absorb/bubble effect.
  • Edited by Unitos on 3/16/2013 3:52 PM PDT
    90 Undead Priest
    Out of curiosity, what class is actually good at healing consistent spread raid damage? I was under the impression Paladins needed to stack to perform well at this.
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Allow Earthliving overheals to apply a absorb/bubble effect.

for the love of baby jesus we need less absorbs in the game not more.
    90 Draenei Shaman
    03/16/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Totemtown

Unless the tooltip is wrong which i think it is, it currently says increases the cast time of chain heal by 25% when riptide is up, i don't feel a 25% increase chain heal, so your point is invalid.

I'm looking at my (unglyphed) Riptide tooltip in-game as I type this; word-for-word, it reads:

"Heals a friendly target for 17,538 and another 57,953 over 18.94 sec. Your Chain Heal spells are 25% more effective when their primary target is affected by your Riptide."
    90 Goblin Shaman
    03/16/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Sadiemay
    Allow Earthliving overheals to apply a absorb/bubble effect.

for the love of baby jesus we need less absorbs in the game not more.

The Earthliving HoT is a pretty small percentage of a Shaman's output, even on fights where there is heavy Healing Rain usage. It's (pretty much [minus targets <35% health]) completely out of our hands to proc, it's a pretty small heal, and is generally overhealing in a post-Triage raiding environment. I love the idea of giving Shaman a small absorb effect.
    90 Pandaren Shaman

I'm looking at my (unglyphed) Riptide tooltip in-game as I type this; word-for-word, it reads:

"Heals a friendly target for 17,538 and another 57,953 over 18.94 sec. Your Chain Heal spells are 25% more effective when their primary target is affected by your Riptide."

Obviously if you tested it you wouldn't get 25% more effective chain heal because i already stated what i got so not sure what the point is your trying to make.
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    Out of curiosity, what class is actually good at healing consistent spread raid damage? I was under the impression Paladins needed to stack to perform well at this.

Nope, paladins are generally the best healers stacked and spread for what it's worth. Paladin healers are the staple healers of all healing comps.

Honestly chain heal should just be buffed among other things.

Oh and riptide does increase chain heal
    Edited by Dezie on 3/16/2013 4:32 PM PDT
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]