AV is useless for horde

90 Troll Druid
If you defend you'll win.

I just won an AV from a 200 point drawback. Granted we had a 20 man premade from Sarg, but the same principles still apply. Just try to get some teamwork going on.

That was a pretty sick win Riico. I'm not sure which group that was, but it was definitely a pretty embarrassing loss for them. I was queueing with my own premade group and we ended up getting a split queue. 9 of us got in that game. We still were able to roll them along side you though :)
Edited by Slayerwoot on 3/9/2013 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I sit in back and watch youtube or read and I get 200 honor, yes easy honor but its just not worth it to try.

LOL !!! This is why because you want the easy way out. OH NO ally is gonna win so lets sit back and not even try. Yea I'm gonna say it does favor the ally but at least try to win or give it your best shot.
I play both horde and ally and each faction has it BG's that seem to favor one over the other. But at least I go in and try to do my best no matter what faction I play if I lose then so be it I just move on and try again. If I win well then that is better for me and my team.
Just my 2 cents
Edited by Sarcasem on 3/9/2013 10:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You have no idea how much you bring pleasure to my heart when I read your cryout.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I've been winning them. Horde catching on that all it takes is two towers down and GG

Even did one with 3 towers up. Just because Alliance towers were going to burn before ours.

There's enough cooldowns to survive the marshals

*Army of Dead, My earth pet, hunters pets, other random pets*

*Spirit Link Totem = Wins many games*

I think it's the non sense of what works best that people come up with that fails...like back capping. Those "back cappers" should be guarding a tower like SHB or Icewing lol. I also hate the other non sense where they say you need a actual tank to take down Vann. I've healed many games where me and the other healers were healing pets instead of the players.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
Oh how I love AV !! :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
03/09/2013 10:45 PMPosted by Sarcasem
I sit in back and watch youtube or read and I get 200 honor, yes easy honor but its just not worth it to try.

LOL !!! This is why because you want the easy way out. OH NO ally is gonna win so lets sit back and not even try. Yea I'm gonna say it does favor the ally but at least try to win or give it your best shot.
I play both horde and ally and each faction has it BG's that seem to favor one over the other. But at least I go in and try to do my best no matter what faction I play if I lose then so be it I just move on and try again. If I win well then that is better for me and my team.
Just my 2 cents

SO true rofl, horde give up b4 the gates open and b4 the gates even open and the alliance are thinking about what piece they are gonna buy next after the 8 minute game
Edited by Blazing on 3/10/2013 12:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I lost an AV once.
Reply Quote
61 Undead Death Knight
Is it viable for undergeared horde players to just faction change to alliance for the Alliance Valley call to arms for a full gear set in one day, then faction change back?

Kind of makes the gear bought with real money, since it's free for alliance.
Reply Quote
you guys are so full of it. For those of you complaining about AV, now you know how we feel about every other bg.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Oh no, one BG horde don't win 90% of the time.

BETTER FIX IT BLIZZ

kind of reminds me of back when alliance cried about horde advantage in av so blizz moved our cave back..
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I like your pink hair.

Aww thanks, you made my day =)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
And I've lost 7 times in a row this morning. Boohoo. If the Horde pulls with at least one tower up they win almost every single time. Alliance almost never pulls until all towers are done and we lose because of it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
kind of reminds me of back when alliance cried about horde advantage in av so blizz moved our cave back..

At the time it was changed, no players i know of was talking about that caves distance being a horde advantage. If I remember correctly it was a sudden blizzard decision with no reason or response to the players.

The biggest alliance outcry was during the great alliance av boycott, av ques shot up to 8-24 hours and blizz made some major distance changes then.

AV is trashed now, its a haven for honor farmers, and blizzard knows it. It makes money and keeps afkers paying subs.

Yea my record is better with other bgs, but all bgs should be balanced even for both side and Av should not be a honor farming pile of forgotten rags, blizzard admits they will not fix problems with av, so the best thing for horde to do is black list it and hope that the best bg in the game will one day be fixed.

Blizz does not care about random battlegrounds, takes them atleast several months to fix major bg problems. And every single problem with battlegrounds (when pet battles get hotfixed as soon as some problem gets noticed) blizz will never say one word about any of those problems, leaving the players guessing. Always!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
*yawn*

The "rush" strategy to complete Alterac Valley as quickly as possible is completely different between the Horde and Alliance due to the layout of the map. The Alliance chokepoint is far superior to the Hordes chokepoint so the Horde will always be at a disadvantage when it comes to "rushing".

My question is, why do people feel the need to rush? Imagine the amount of honor you would obtain by actually playing AV the way it was supposed to be played. AV was never intended to be a short battleground like AB, EOTS and WSG. Those actually have timers.

Perhaps next time, you can convince your AV group to run "Defense" instead of attempting the unlikely rush victory.

Play strategically. Defend the keep when the Alliance rush it, force them to respawn back since they didn't feel the need to take strategic GY's. Push forward leaving Snowfall for the Alliance. Keep a solid Defense Team while you send another Team to destroy towers. Once the towers are destroyed and your towers are defended, rush. They will have to kill the towers before attempting the boss while Horde has already killed them.

That is how you play AV.
Reply Quote
face it horde alliance are just smarter
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]