Are you Kvlt? Black Metal fans?

90 Human Warlock
Recently saw a thread about Doom/stoner/sludge, so I thought I'd make one for black metal.

Are you a fan of Black Metal?
Do you just enjoy it a little or are you obsessed with it?

What are some of your favorite bands?

Got an album you'd recommend to other fans, or to people unfamiliar with the genre?

Some of my favorites are: Desrroyer 666, Urgehal, Sargeist, Beherit, Abigor, Summoning, Bestial Warlust, Darkthrone, (The True) Mayhem, Gorgoroth (W Pest), Satanic Warmaster, Marduk, Kroda, Nabaath, Horna, Bathory, Watain, Dissection, Ulver (Early work), Naglfar, Satyricon, Graveland and the best BM ever, Nokturnal Mortum.

Five albums I'd recommend.
Let The Devil In - Sargeist
De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas - Mayhem
Bergtatt - Ulver
Panzer Division Marduk
Goat Horns - Nokturnal Mortum

So where are the WoW Bm fans at?
I can't be the only one who is a fan of BM here.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I love me some Ulver. All of their stuff actually, not just their early BM material. Aside from the well-known bands from Norway (Mayhem, Burzum, etc.), my current favorites are Hades Archer (black/thrash), Antichrist, and Psuedogod.

Chapel and Midnight have been putting out some killer black 'n' roll as well. Vektor is also worth checking out if you're interested in tech thrash with BM elements.
Edited by Zorshan on 3/15/2013 11:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The only BM I know and like is Bathory.
Nordland and Blood Fire Death are great songs.

I dunno about Black Dahlia Murder, but I'm going to assume they're BM. I like a few of their songs.

Bathory's BM is great stuff, yes.

As far as the Black Dahlia Murder .. not sure if trolling or... xD
They are metalcore or something, idk... not Black Metal though.

I love me some Ulver. All of their stuff actually, not just their early BM material. Aside from the well-known bands from Norway (Mayhem, Burzum, etc.), my current favorites are Hades Archer (black/thrash), Antichrist, and Deathwomb Catechesis.

Chapel and Midnight have been putting out some killer black 'n' roll as well. Vektor is also worth checking out if you're interested in tech thrash with BM elements.

I could never get into Ulver's music past the first three albums, just didn't click with me, regardless, Garm is an amazing vocalist.

I'll have to check the ones I haven't heard of out.

If you like Black n' roll, Vreid is awesome.
You might've heard of them though, they are badass.

Gospel of the Horns, Nabaath, and Grand Belial's Key are some good lesser known bands to check out.
Edited by Antium on 3/12/2013 2:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Pandaren Mage
drawing down the moon by beherit
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Kvlt? I'm way too old to care about that. I do enjoy black metal though. Listening to Fen right now. Here are a few bands I like:

Panopticon (Kentucky = best album of 2012), Alcest, Negura Bunget, Wolves in the Throne Room, Falls of Rauros, Windir, Amesoeurs, the aforementioned Fen, Krallice, Altar of Plagues, Abigail Williams, Petrychor, Agalloch (if you consider them BM).
Reply Quote
30 Worgen Warrior
Not much Black Metal
Mercyful Fate
Venom
and Cradle of Filth are probably my limits
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]