Atonement healing crits

90 Troll Priest
Why are my atonement healing crits lower than the damage? I thouhgt it was less healing only if i was the one getting healed. On top of that it's telling me that 100% dmg done is converted to healing but that's only the case half of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Read the patch notes, and you would know.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Read the patch notes, and you would know.

You don't have to be an !@#$.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
You don't have to be an !@#$.

You should really read the patch notes to see what has changed with big content patches like 5.2. Even if that response was a little condescending he is correct.

To answer your question, though, the changes to how crits work with the patch has also affected crits on atonement. Holy fire/smite/penance crits now heal for the non-crit damage amount and stack a DA for 100% of the heal. It looks smaller than it should be if you don't track DA numerically or visually.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
When you walk into a restaurant and ask what they have to eat, and they tell you to read the menu, do you call them an !@# too?
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
When you walk into a restaurant and ask what they have to eat, and they tell you to read the menu, do you call them an !@# too?
To be fair, no one's getting paid to answer these questions.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
As noted in the patch notes, they have changed how DA works. So, when you get a crit on a smite, holy fire/solace, or penance volley, half of that crit damage amount is converted into a heal, and the other half is converted into a Divine Aegis. The heal portion is affected by the heal portion of our Mastery, and the Divine Aegis is affected by the Shield portion of our Mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
As noted in the patch notes, they have changed how DA works. So, when you get a crit on a smite, holy fire/solace, or penance volley, half of that crit damage amount is converted into a heal, and the other half is converted into a Divine Aegis. The heal portion is affected by the heal portion of our Mastery, and the Divine Aegis is affected by the Shield portion of our Mastery.

It actually sounds quite a bit better, but I'm no healer, so that's just my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

actually a waiter who responds this way is not doing their job. they should review any specials, or give recommendations on popular/good dishes.

but that is besides the point. the op should have read the patch notes just as a matter of knowing what new content was introduced.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/17/2013 04:57 AMPosted by Irøh

It actually sounds quite a bit better, but I'm no healer, so that's just my opinion.

The only way it's not better is that it makes it harder for us to burst someone back up from near-dead. But that is more of an issue in PvP than in a raid environment. The change actually seems to have reduced our overheal by quite a bit, since when you are healing with other healers, they're going to be bursting someone back up and our crits often just went to overheal.
Reply Quote
95 Human Priest
I'm messing around in pvp and I kind of prefer undispellable shields over recovery heals >.>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
03/15/2013 10:28 PMPosted by Kangamooster
To be fair, no one's getting paid to answer these questions.

i love multicidez... seemingly the most useless poster in any thread so far
Reply Quote
Its great when we're in a situation where the bubbles handle everything, but if you're ever in a situation where you need to fill up the raid...disc kind of sucks due to the change. So for instance if we ever see another Chimeron fight we'd be at a sever disadvantage. Also during phase changes.

In most raid settings it works fine, great even. I just don't care for the feel of it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Its great when we're in a situation where the bubbles handle everything, but if you're ever in a situation where you need to fill up the raid...disc kind of sucks due to the change. So for instance if we ever see another Chimeron fight we'd be at a sever disadvantage. Also during phase changes.

In most raid settings it works fine, great even. I just don't care for the feel of it.

If we were the best at everything, no one would bring anything but Disc Priests. Filling the bars back up is supposed to be our weakness (although we're actually better at it, overall, now than we were before the patch, crit changes notwithstanding).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I've gone to playing holy in 5 mans and disc in raids (lfr at the moment). Just because as long as I have sheer throughput healers for the top off, disc feels great. But on the chance that everyone gets hammered, it feels like desperation trying to get people filled even 75% back up if you're solo.

I'll also switch to holy on fights that favor constant throughput - though I've been playing around with trying to reforge a bit more into crit for the DA procs. In a raid environment, where I'm not depending on them absolutely, it seems to work decently. for solo healing situations, we all know how Murphy's Law works, hmm?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I've gone to playing holy in 5 mans and disc in raids (lfr at the moment). Just because as long as I have sheer throughput healers for the top off, disc feels great. But on the chance that everyone gets hammered, it feels like desperation trying to get people filled even 75% back up if you're solo.

I'll also switch to holy on fights that favor constant throughput - though I've been playing around with trying to reforge a bit more into crit for the DA procs. In a raid environment, where I'm not depending on them absolutely, it seems to work decently. for solo healing situations, we all know how Murphy's Law works, hmm?

I'll be honest...I haven't experienced anything remotely like this, and I don't play Holy for 5 mans. If anything, it's gotten easier for me to bring people back up, due to the Mastery boost to my base healing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
it feels like desperation trying to get people filled even 75% back up if you're solo.

Disregard my current spec because I'm gonna be using it for Tortos. I never really have any issues in 5 mans filling up health bars. Of course, I'm not using the same stat priority as you. Perhaps you'd like to put a bit more into mastery/haste? It seems to help immensely.

That could also be part of what you're noticing in raids. In 5 mans you aren't guaranteed to have spell haste OR mastery buff. It can lead to a weaker healing output than your max potential.

I know I had to try out a few different gearing strats before I decided I liked the one I have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/16/2013 12:11 AMPosted by Tiriel
So, when you get a crit on a smite, holy fire/solace, or penance volley, half of that crit damage amount is converted into a heal, and the other half is converted into a Divine Aegis.

is this specific to atonement or are you certain this is how it works for all our spells. if so the tooltip for DA is misleading if not wrong, though it may differ between wowhead and live (this would not be the first time that's happened.)

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47515

says instead of critical heals healing for twice the amount, a barrier equaling 100% of the original healing done is applied as divine aegis.

not accusatory, just trying to clarify :)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
is this specific to atonement or are you certain this is how it works for all our spells. if so the tooltip for DA is misleading if not wrong, though it may differ between wowhead and live (this would not be the first time that's happened.)

It is specific to atonement. The damage is still doubled on crits, but to make it fall in line with the rest of our toolkit they made half of that value as the heal and the other half as the DA.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I was gonna answer, but then Crzed was all like, "I'm a Goblin and I'm faster with all this here Haste."

BUT HE'S RIGHT.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]