Cya guys, thanks for the fun

90 Gnome Mage
Hi guys,

Just wanted to say goodbye after many years on Coilfang. I was never much of a PVP type but hung around because I had some friends here. But, a lot of things have happened and times have changed and I can't enjoy the game here anymore. I will remember with fond memories the time when we all ran around in essentially the same gear and cut each other a bit of slack when new content appeared. But, those days are no more.

Lke many others, I am leaving for a number of reasons and I am sure you noticed the diminishing population on Coilfang, especially alliance side.

First, the friends left for many reasons and moved to other servers. The reasons they left were varied. The game changed, the pvp changed, the amount of effort required to pve and pvp at the same time, the change in attitudes among some on both Alliance/Horde has just got tiresome. I think most of you know what I am talking about. It is pointless to mention names and be petty, so I won't.

Most of the horde types are pretty decent people just like alliance. We've always fought and hassled each other all the time. But, for me on alliance side, it has progressed to a point where I can't do much of anything, and, it isn't the actions of most, it is the actions of a few. If I can't enjoy content for even a few minutes, then why be here?

So, I am moving my namesake on Coilfang to another server.

To the cool Horde folks who showed class even when crushing my puny body, thanks much for the fun. I enjoyed your company and even working together at rare times to help each other on a tough kill. You were great fun to be around.

To the other Horde who have no class and enjoy griefing, (a very small minority) well, you can bet I won't miss you in the least. :) You've done your job well. It only take a small number to impact the many and drive them away. The low alliance population on Coilfang attests to that.

In the end, the point is to enjoy the game. That's what we all play for. And, that applies to both alliance and horde players.

Cya! Have fun! :)
Edited by Woekitten on 3/16/2013 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Please enjoy your new server, you are welcome anytime here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
CbK
I'm sorry i never got the opportunity to gank you, but you never killed an alt of mine. I just go after the guilds who have ganked me previously.

/cheers and hope you find happiness wherever you go.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Class, huh? Interesting...

You get camped on a PvP server where the possibility is expected, especially in an area designed to promote that aura of fear and need for comrades and your resolution is to transfer to a PvE server.

Real classy. It's people like you, who think everything needs to be done alone that detract from the game and its developmental cycle.

I, and undoubtedly many others derive something just from me seeing them, and myself seeing them. Take Rowann for instance. If I catch him alone or with someone I've never seen before, I figure they're simple enough targets to dispatch myself a few times before making myself scarce knowing reinforcements are coming. The thrill of a hunt on both ends of the coin.

Or sometimes he catches me when he already has a group, and every now and then I'll actually manage to put together a feasible countermeasure for revenge and domination.

That is fun. All I heard from you was QQQQQQQQQQQQ PvP happened on PvP server, and a very low populated one where Isle of Thunder isn't even a high action zone.

It's when you feel nothing that the game is truly dead.
Edited by Ex on 4/3/2013 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not normally one to agree with Deus, but he makes a good point.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Where in the OP's post did it mention any area in particular? Maybe they were posting about the Isle, where yes PvP is encouraged and has a seperate route if you enjoy playing the game solo. However, it is near impossible to level any new characters on this realm due to excessive camping, griefing, and ganking. Log off your leveling toon and bring your main? Nah, i prefer the transfer route myself. How is playing the game the way you want to a lack of class? I think Deus needs a headcheck, and once I saw Xexyz agree I knew it was a bad sign. There are no one on one battles, because as soon as the opposing faction gets killed once in rolls the reinforcements. More like an overpowering need to win than overcome a challenge. Unless of course you have your own personal army of DK's at your disposal.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
04/05/2013 06:41 PMPosted by Nonbelief
Where in the OP's post did it mention any area in particular? Maybe they were posting about the Isle, where yes PvP is encouraged and has a seperate route if you enjoy playing the game solo.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say goodbye after many years on Coilfang. I was never much of a PVP type but hung around because I had some friends here. But, a lot of things have happened and times have changed and I can't enjoy the game here anymore. I will remember with fond memories the time when we all ran around in essentially the same gear and cut each other a bit of slack when new content appeared. But, those days are no more.

I will remember with fond memories the time when we all ran around in essentially the same gear and cut each other a bit of slack when new content appeared.

new content

headcheck

/golfclap

However, it is near impossible to level any new characters on this realm due to excessive camping, griefing, and ganking. Log off your leveling toon and bring your main? Nah, i prefer the transfer route myself.

Yes, you prefer paying Activision-Blizzard for a service created through artificial demand like a chump. Yes, the money is a drop in the bucket to a lot of people, but the principle isn't. Maybe when Activision-Blizzard actually pours some heart into the content again could I see myself forking over extra.

And you say that like it's realm-specific... Thanks to Cross-Realm Zone I'd imagine your experience will be similar unless you're transferring to a PvE server, then you'll probably realize the game is a little more boring without that extra something to hate or otherwise derive any emotion. And you thought daily quests were monotonous before.

How is playing the game the way you want to a lack of class?

It's a lack of class to come crying on the forums when you essentially consented to just about all Player vs Player activity when you logged into a character on a PvP server, and in essence misplacing blame... Blame yourself or Deus.

There are no one on one battles, because as soon as the opposing faction gets killed once in rolls the reinforcements. More like an overpowering need to win than overcome a challenge. Unless of course you have your own personal army of DK's at your disposal.

I've faced my challenges, I know to fight or fly on a second's notice. And actually at least two-thirds of the time it is 1v1 for me, possibly because I tend to travel solo unless deemed necessary. And every now and then it becomes a challenge, and nine times out of 10 I end up overcoming that challenge alone. Thanks to a spectrum of factors I have overcome 1v3 and 1v4 situations on Isle of Thunder several times.

Oh, and challenge/necessity only covers a very small portion of the reasons people have to fight, but we've already kind of figured out you were spanked a few too many times and share behaviors with those inherent in infants. If you don't get your way, cry until something changes because you lack the intellect and will to make it happen.
Edited by Ex on 4/6/2013 4:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
new content
Could mean anything from the Panda starting point to Pandaria. The point is, how is it a lack of class to play the game the way you want to? You happen to enjoy the challenge of PvP. Othello likes to squat and camp on toons with his 4 DKs and a pocket healer. OP prefers to enjoy all the game has to offer, believe it or not. There is a whole world of content out there besides the PvP aspect, and it is enjoyed without constant interruption from others. OP found that PvE realm is more her style. Accept it and move on Deusche.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
04/06/2013 04:16 PMPosted by Nonbelief
Could mean anything from the Panda starting point to Pandaria.

Let's see, about 11 days after the latest patch hit, we get this 'jewel' of a post when Mists of Pandaria had been out for over five months. Nice try though.

The point is, how is it a lack of class to play the game the way you want to?

I already addressed how the original poster lacks class, as I did your subpar reading comprehension. Try scrolling up.

OP prefers to enjoy all the game has to offer, believe it or not.

Apparently not PvP and an attempt to create a World of Warcraft, rather than just World of... Craft? World of no alliance faction of this server killing a boss past Horridon? Funny thing about that, it is often said that people are more likely to be effective at something they enjoy. I'm not seeing anything remotely effective in the aforementioned demographic, therefore the conclusion is QQQQQQ PvP on PvP server.

People enjoying daily quests though, hahaha that is a good one.

There is a whole world of content out there besides the PvP aspect, and it is enjoyed without constant interruption from others. OP found that PvE realm is more her style. Accept it and move on Deusche.

The funny part is this guy doesn't even realize I'm attempting to save people from an inevitable cycle of disappointment. You are welcome, by the way.
Edited by Ex on 4/6/2013 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
04/06/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Ex
Thanks to Cross-Realm Zone I'd imagine your experience will be similar unless you're transferring to a PvE server, then you'll probably realize the game is a little more boring without that extra something to hate or otherwise derive any emotion.
I don't need to hate anyone in game, sorry that you are that mad at life. I fully understand it is the CRZ that causes most of this, and it isn't going away. Therefore i load up a toons bank and transfer to start over. Blizz is going to get it's money one way or another, at least until I find something else that measures to this game.

If you don't get your way, cry until something changes because you lack the intellect and will to make it happen.
Umm....what? IDC about half of what goes on in PvP. Most of my complaint comes solely from the crappy leveling experience. I know that doesn't involve you Deus, rarely do I see you kill and camp in low level zones. Likely because you can PvP and don't trifle yourself with killing lowbies. You are the severe minority.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
The funny part is this guy doesn't even realize I'm attempting to save people from an inevitable cycle of disappointment. You are welcome, by the way.
Saved people from what? I transferred from Horde-Coilfang because I couldn't stand the lack of respect/idiocy that the realm pop was degenerating to. Now, this realm is dead. Not dying, not even on life support just plain dead. Blizz's great idea is to CRZ it's way to life. Doesn't address anything, just makes leveling toons an irritation. Still a crappy AH, forget pugs, zero ability to recruit any new raid members. Therefore I leave to go to a new realm. When I am gone, don't worry there won't be any farewell post. Played on this realm since BC and have never seen it this low. I would have to say the cycle of disappointment ends with this server. BTW if you look at realm population you'll notice that the high pop realms are mostly one sided. There is no balance. Why transfer to a PvP realm, when there is no opposite faction to battle? Just stay on this crap little realm and feel important Big D.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]