Healbot Changes? Help!

89 Blood Elf Priest
Hello,

I stopped playing WoW since the start of Cataclysm but now I'm back! Haha. I've always been a Healbot user since Burning Crusade and have enjoyed its functions, however, since my return, I've run into a major snag when it comes to playing a Priest.

Whenever I'm in a group and I'd like to put my Power Word: Shield on someone else that isn't me, it will either auto-target me or do nothing when I click on the other player in the Healbot frames.

Currently, because my other Priest is a low level, I have Penance on Left Click, Flash Heal on Right Click, and PW:Shield on my Middle Click. I'm using 5.1 Healbot. Needless to say, as a Disc Priest, not being able to PW:Shield my targets is a very troublesome bother...

I've tried turning it off and on, resetting the UI, disabling auto-target in my WoW settings, and attempting to make a macro for it. Nothing seems to work. Any and all help/comments would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I'm actually switching to Vuhdo today from healbot. I've never had that partciular issue with healbot but I know for while there was some trouble with instant cast spells. If you haven't just cast comething maybe tryin waiting a beat to see if it will read it?

Dunno... Vuhdo is supposed to be a lot more stable and not terribly difficult to set up, so I'm going to give it a try

Cheers,
Zen
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's working fine for me.

Suggestions: make SURE you have it typed properly. It's VERY finicky, so if it's not capitalized/spelled exactly right, it won't work.

Power Word: (one space) Shield

You might also try making sure it's updated (recent update as of yesterday) and that any out of date addons are disabled in case something is interfering.

But it should work fine - mine is working and showing the weakened soul debuff and duration properly, so if that doesn't work, not sure what's up.
Reply Quote
Not having any issues with bubble on any of my priests and I too use the middle button for bubbles. Perhaps you're having an issue where you've enabled scroll wheel use in healbot could be messing with it.

Also, you don't type the spells anymore, you select them from the dropdown menus so that can't be it unless you DID try to type it in rather than select from the menu. Press the red ? button and pick power word shield again just to be safe rather than sorry :)
Edited by Feyranna on 3/9/2013 11:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm considering switching from healbot too....it's been really crappy with magic debuffs lately
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Not having any issues with bubble on any of my priests and I too use the middle button for bubbles. Perhaps you're having an issue where you've enabled scroll wheel use in healbot could be messing with it.

Also, you don't type the spells anymore, you select them from the dropdown menus so that can't be it unless you DID try to type it in rather than select from the menu. Press the red ? button and pick power word shield again just to be safe rather than sorry :)

Ha, you can tell how long it's been since I've changed any spells on mine... lol. It's been the same since... I don't even know. Wayy too long.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Raided with Vuhdo last night. It's going to take a bit of getting used to... I'm rather set in my habits from healbot... lol

Overall impression is that it was fairly easy to set up. anything I didn't understand in the set up I didn't seem to need. I do miss the drop down spell selection from healbot, but the change to opacity for correclty typed spells is nice. I need to play with it a little more so I can get my tool tips to show during combat. I don't need on priest, druid or shaman, but my pally I still need to look occasionally so its nice to see them. and I suspect I will really need on the monk for a while if I ever get around to leveling it.

I think I'm going to be happy with Vuhdo... just need to get around to loading all of my spells in it for my other toons. I will probably keep healbot loaded for a while. I'm a bit paranoid like that. :D

The single biggest problem I had with healbot was that it would drop part of the raid from my frames. Emergency UI reloads are not very fun in the middle of Elegon, FWIW... lol

Cheers,
Zen
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I might change from healbot only because it's been a real pain in the butt lately with not loading people's health right. They'll be at full health on the frame and dead and back to full health again.

Never tried vuhdo but I heard it was similar only better and more up to date
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I have been using healbot since BC as well. The new interface is a little more picky about how you enter your spells and where. Make sure when you are selecting the spell in the drop down that you are selecting single click instead of shift click or ctrl click. Also, turn on the feature where debuffs are displayed on the heal bar. PW:S will not drop on someone with weakened soul. If you can see the debuff you can use a different spell for someone in trouble.

On my priest my current spell setup is:

Left click=flash heal
shift left click= Power word: shield
ctrl left click = pain suppression

middle click=renew
shift middle click=penance
ctrl middle click = prayer of mending

right click=greater heal
shift right click=heal

holy setting is pretty much the same, but guardian spirit and serenity changed up for pain suppression and penance.

Also, if you are using vent, make sure your push to talk button is not the middle mouse button as well.

There was someone who was having trouble with losing raid members while in combat and having to reload ui. I am pretty sure there is a setting that drops them when they are out of range, but you can change it to make them just change color instead. But you are correct, Healbot is horrible for in combat refresh.

It is harder to give advice right now since servers are down and I can't look at the specific screens, but I hope that was helpful.
Reply Quote
57 Pandaren Monk
Thanks Zoevil. Was having this same problem and I hadn't capitalized flash heal. Problem solved!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]