Aspects. Where are they atm?

100 Night Elf Druid
The book says she's infertile.

Alextrasza herself had suffered more than most. Not only had all her eggs been destroyed by Korialstrasz-in the act of sacrificing himself-to prevent their corruption into the monstrous twilight dragons, and her ability to lay more eggs have been forever taken away, but in attention to all that she lived with the knowledge that the other dragon flights had suffered so. She might have accepted her loss of power, but not this loss of her kin's future. After all, she had been the Life-binder.

That's probably part of the massive depression she's going through.

Poor Alex has been through a trauma conga line. Her son dies, her husband dies, dozens of her children die, she turns mortal, now she can't have children ever again.
Edited by Reignac on 3/11/2013 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The book says she's infertile.

Alextrasza herself had suffered more than most. Not only had all her eggs been destroyed by Korialstrasz-in the act of sacrificing himself-to prevent their corruption into the monstrous twilight dragons, and her ability to lay more eggs have been forever taken away, but in attention to all that she lived with the knowledge that the other dragon flights had suffered so. She might have accepted her loss of power, but not this loss of her kin's future. After all, she had been the Life-binder.

That's probably part of the massive depression she's going through.

Poor Alex has been through a trauma conga line. Her son dies, her husband dies, dozens of her children die, she turns mortal, now she can't have children ever again.

I think that has more to do with the fact that all her mates died than the fact that she is infertile. Krasus was her last mate, she never took another.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If Knaack takes away the relationship of Kalec and Jaina I will probably give Knaack kudos. Also didn't know abou Alexstraza being infertile. Damn that girl has been through a lot. Now I understand why she's so depressed. Sheesh.....

~Aeluron Lightsong
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I think that has more to do with the fact that all her mates died than the fact that she is infertile. Krasus was her last mate, she never took another.

"Her ability to lay more eggs having been forever taken away."
Edited by Reignac on 3/12/2013 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It's idiotic how they gave up their power after Deathwing was destroyed. Unless I'm mistaken, they were given their power by the Titans to safeguard Azeroth from all internal and external threats, namely the Burning Legion; as the Burning Legion certainly isn't gone and the Old Gods are still jerking around underneath Azeroth, their duty as protectors of the world isn't even half-finished.
Edited by Buttmad on 3/13/2013 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
It's idiotic how they gave up their power after Deathwing was destroyed. Unless I'm mistaken, they were given their power by the Titans to safeguard Azeroth from all internal and external threats, namely the Burning Legion; as the Burning Legion certainly isn't gone and the Old Gods are still jerking around underneath Azeroth, their duty as protectors of the world isn't even half-finished.

They were charged with the Protection of Azeroth from the Old Gods mainly, plus any other threat that comes. Apparently though there was one 'destiny' they were meant to fulfill and then they now become useless, which is stupid.

It was terrible that they somehow gave up their powers to destroy Deathwing. Oh well I guess if the BL comes or Old God gets released we could always pull out some super powered ray gun that was apparently hidden away thousands of years ago by the Titans and exterminate the threat.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
They focused literally all of their power into the Dragon Soul (seriously, they said as much. They put everything they had into it), so I took it as once that final combined blast killed Deathwing the Aspects were completely powerless.
Edited by Reignac on 3/14/2013 2:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNcGDH7s1qM

A panda. Holy !@#$ing %^-* I watched this while high and drunk. Oh man A !@#$ing panada LOL.

Oh well I guess if the BL comes or Old God gets released we could always pull out some super powered ray gun that was apparently hidden away thousands of years ago by the Titans and exterminate the threat.

It's amazing how man of those you can hide in a planet isn't it? Seriously those are gonna come in handy every time an alien force of big !@# whateverathings come at us.
Edited by Noscraig on 3/14/2013 2:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They focused literally all of their power into the Dragon Soul (seriously, they said as much. They put everything they had into it), so I took it as once that final combined blast killed Deathwing the Aspects were completely powerless.

That makes a little more sense, but it would have been better if it was better represented in-game.

If someone decided to go see the cutscene without doing the raid (or even while doing the raid and trying not to die), they would see Alexstrasza talking about the Age of Mortals, the dragons becoming mortal, and... that's it. No explanation for why. It just kind of comes out of nowhere, and makes Alexstrasza look like a complete !@#$% for doing something like that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Crazy idea incoming...

The Alliance gain their favor while the Horde gain the favor of the Elemental Lords. Some exclusions will be made for this, such as Deathwing and Ragnaros being out of the picture, but otherwise I think it would be rather fitting and interesting to see.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Crazy idea incoming...

The Alliance gain their favor while the Horde gain the favor of the Elemental Lords. Some exclusions will be made for this, such as Deathwing and Ragnaros being out of the picture, but otherwise I think it would be rather fitting and interesting to see.

That's not really possible.

Blizzard said that when an Elemental Lord dies in his domain he dies permantally. So that mean Ragnaros and Al'Akir is fulll on dead. Therazane is happy where she is and wants nothing to do with "the surfice". And Neptulon is currently kidnapped by the Naga and having god knows what done to him, not to mention it was said when MC first came in that Neptulon's moods are as unpredictable as the seas themselves.

Also I don't think Nozdormu HAS to go mad anymore. The future version we saw of him no only was the future version of himself that came about IF Deathwing had won, but he also looked to me to still have corrupted aspect powers. Nozdormu doesn't have those anymore. He's got no more powers then the rest of his flight has and can't manipluate the time ways like Murozond could anymore, making him basicly useless to the Old Gods.

We already know an alternate timeline exists. Who's to say that Murozond isn't the Nozdormu of that line. Or that we isn't now of a whole new thrid timeline. Time is a very tricky thing and when Nozdormu said what he said he was still an Aspect and was thinking like an Aspect. I may be wrong but I think it was mentioned he didn't see the Deathwing encounter, like his vision past the End Times was clouded, so he couldn't predict the ripples from it's outcome.
Edited by Summers on 3/14/2013 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Now out of curiosity, I know that Alexstrasza had the ability to lay eggs without mating (she was the aspect of life), could this mean that even mating can't have her to lay eggs?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]