Will you leave Misha?

90 Night Elf Priest
So say, the trend of losing players continues and no more new players play on the server, would you leave the server behind for another or stick it out?

Granted, if you have friends, RBGs (via cross realm), a small part time arena team for fun or some raiding on the side, you have everything you need on the server.

But overall, what would it take for you to leave this server?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ill stay on the server until all the players that are 2k+ are gone. Maybe not even then until I feel I need to leave.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'd like to think I'd stay for a while. Usually the kids who think they are leet xfer off server only to find out they are garbage at PVP and end up coming back. Which gives me the opportunity to troll them even more. Win-Win for me.
Reply Quote
10 Orc Warrior
"Misha is dying..."

"There's nothing to do..."

"All the good players left already..."

I heard all that before you started playing wow truewan. Nothing has changed. New topic please.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'd like to think I'd stay for a while. Usually the kids who think they are leet xfer off server only to find out they are garbage at PVP and end up coming back. Which gives me the opportunity to troll them even more. Win-Win for me.

Lol. Yes. One of my family members was auto-assigned to Misha so here I am. I think there are a steady stream of new players coming into Misha, they level, they gear, they raid, they want to do better raids. They come to conclusion that it's everyone around them holding them back and xfer off.

Same thing with PvP but everyone raids/PvEs before they get into PvP. I mainly transfered off because I was tired of having no one to play with some weeks on Misha.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
"Misha is dying..."

"There's nothing to do..."

"All the good players left already..."

I heard all that before you started playing wow truewan. Nothing has changed. New topic please.

I never said any of your quotes, was trying to have a discussion.

I'll add that, I picked this topic because everyone, and their mother, believe this to be true at some point. It's a popular untouched topic (except trolling and flaming as you stated). I was also curious why people choose to stay on Misha.
Edited by Truewan on 3/12/2013 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
03/11/2013 07:28 AMPosted by Truewan
Granted, if you have friends, RBGs (via cross realm), a small part time arena team for fun or some raiding on the side, you have everything you need on the server.

^
Reply Quote
10 Orc Warrior
OP is just trying to get illwai to transfer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
OP is just trying to get illwai to transfer.

Don't ruin it man, he's this close to xfering.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I would imagine server merges might be on the horizon.

The amount of people that are on the Isle of Thunder for Misha pales in comparison to when the Isle of Quel'Danas dailies came out back in BC. There were just seas and seas of toons trying to tag quest mobs.

It's definitely not as much of a community feeling as it used to be but I bet that's the case on most servers.

It seems like the pvp'ers and the pve'ers are two very different communities now. You used to be able to purchase epic gems from honor so all the pve'ers pvp'd. And some best in slot gear for the pvp'ers used to often be pve items (trinkets, etc) so a lot of the pvp'ers pve'd.

Also with the 25 and 10 man lockouts being the same, things like Calciumplus's ICC gdkp run aren't really viable anymore. I remember way back when I had an alliance toon that Decerto people used to help out other alliance with Gruul and Mag.

Halfawake and I were speaking last night and were thinking of maybe trying to get a little more involved in the Misha community and try to set up a few 25 man runs in terrace for horde that would like to see some content with more mechanics than LFR. We might visit this as soon as the frenzy of the new raid settles down.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
bye Misha!
Reply Quote
10 Orc Warrior
Except they don't seem to want to merge servers... do they? They won't even talk about merges, except to say it's a lot of headaches. (And actually, at this time, they are giving free transfers off of packed servers, so population wise, they have other solutions they can implement).

The amount of people that are on the Isle of Thunder for Misha pales in comparison to when the Isle of Quel'Danas dailies came out back in BC. There were just seas and seas of toons trying to tag quest mobs.
I also remember lots of people doing dailies back then, but this doesn't mean server mergers are coming, because you could fix this with crz, although I hope they leave them just the way it is, I don't want to fight for mobs...

It seems like the pvp'ers and the pve'ers are two very different communities now. You used to be able to purchase epic gems from honor so all the pve'ers pvp'd. And some best in slot gear for the pvp'ers used to often be pve items (trinkets, etc) so a lot of the pvp'ers pve'd.
This is sort of true but not really the point when talking about community. Look, when they put in the arena it broke the game, according to many... and that created the rift way back then. As far as itemization goes, I also remember pvp resilience rings dropping in ssc, so I like it better now the way it is, but I don't think there is a magic answer for bringing the two types of players together.

Why there really is a split between pvp and pve I don't know or care. I like both.

Also with the 25 and 10 man lockouts being the same, things like Calciumplus's ICC gdkp run aren't really viable anymore. I remember way back when I had an alliance toon that Decerto people used to help out other alliance with Gruul and Mag.
Back when murr used to run gruul pugs there were many on alliance that just wanted to see the content, which LFR takes care of now, so... it just doesn't make as much sense. But there weren't 10 or 25 mans then just one type of raid, so I could point out that lockouts don't have much to do with the general apathy that people have towards building a community in wow at this point in the game. The only thing that really builds community at this point is "social engineer" types, and they're usually running guilds.

Halfawake and I were speaking last night and were thinking of maybe trying to get a little more involved in the Misha community and try to set up a few 25 man runs in terrace for horde that would like to see some content with more mechanics than LFR. We might visit this as soon as the frenzy of the new raid settles down.
Would be nice to see more pugs I admit. <3
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Misha been doin this since i started playing back in BC, no i prob wont leave it so long as my guild stays here, if they move i move, no ties to this server cause its just that... a server.

have to agree with that, though i rarelly pay attention to trade these days.

Would be nice to see more pugs I admit. <3

There are pugs going up all the time, just that not all of them are the "Newest high end raids" everyone wants lol.
Edited by Bulslayer on 3/14/2013 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

About $25.00...
but seriously? It would probably take most of my friends to transfer for me to go, even then... I don't think I can leave this server completely.
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 02:34 AMPosted by Zarot

About $25.00...
but seriously? It would probably take most of my friends to transfer for me to go, even then... I don't think I can leave this server completely.

If there was no longer a population or friends to hold up the server (or at least horde side) I might not have it in me to start over or transfer. I guess i could say it would be a sign to move on from this game but hopefully it doesn't come to that.
Reply Quote

It's definitely not as much of a community feeling as it used to be but I bet that's the case on most servers.

Oh that would be wonderful and would be nice to see on Horde side! Truthfully I do not know much about Unhallowed besides that you all are an elite raiding guild.
Reply Quote
10 Orc Warrior
Truewan left but...

Bear don't care.

If Illwai leaves...

Bear sad.
Edited by Lilpeon on 3/15/2013 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

Oh that would be wonderful and would be nice to see on Horde side! Truthfully I do not know much about Unhallowed besides that you all are an elite raiding guild.

Noooo I don't wanna be elite! Can we be... maybe a dashing raiding guild? Exuberant? Resplendent? Here's one I found in a thesaurus: pulchritudinous. Yeah, pulchritudinous raiding guild.

edit: To answer the question, no I don't see myself ever leaving. I've always found some guild to be in during my years here, raiding guild or otherwise. If you aspire to greatness, yes you should absolutely leave. If you like playing with friends, then stay!
Edited by Kadamony on 3/15/2013 9:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
been here since 2007..b4 that kids got me on free servers..alot have left and I miss the twizzler raids we used to have..but that being said Ill stay and help what little this old, tired rogue can
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Been here since the day BC launched. Strayed a couple times when Decerto took raiding breaks or I needed a break, but I always find my way back lol.

Even though lots of old BC & Wrath friends have left the game or moved to higher pop realms, there's enough awesome people here that I don't think i'll ever really leave.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]