Raid Finder White Tiger Battlegear.

100 Blood Elf Paladin
As a Ret Paladin, is it even possible to get the matching boots and belt for this set? They seem to be marked as healer gear, so i'm not sure if they would drop for a DPS such as myself.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86887#comments

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86902
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Nope, youd have to queue as a healer
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Pally look alike gear is always holy.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
Pally look alike gear is always holy.

This always bothers me with the pvp sets too.

The dk warrior lookalikes always seem to be itemized wrong for them as well with lots of haste on the warrior lookalike and lots of crit on the dk stuff.

It just means you have to wait until later on in the season to have the matching set: /

At OP, you could probably use seal of insight, glyph of battle healer, flash of light and the wog glyph that heals you for 40% of the amount along with speccing into divine purpose and just queue into a RF as a ret healer and still be fine:) you can do it with five mans if you've got decent gear so I'm sure RF wouldn't be much worse!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Or you could switch to Holy for your bonus rolls, if that still works. Elder Charms are very easy to come by now, with the new dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Nope, youd have to queue as a healer

Specifically, have to be queued as Holy. I've heard that you can swap specs before using a coin to try for other loot, though.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Technically, it doesn't matter what you queue as. You can queue as DPS if you want--as long as you kill the boss as Holy. The game only checks your spec at the time the roll occurs, not what you queued as.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Technically, it doesn't matter what you queue as. You can queue as DPS if you want--as long as you kill the boss as Holy. The game only checks your spec at the time the roll occurs, not what you queued as.

This is correct. Queuing and selected roles have no impact on what gear is available to you. If you're still not sure what's going on with this, here's another way to think about each roll:

The gear that you can get directly from the boss is determined by your spec at the instant the game calculates your roll immediately after a boss death. Since you can't change specs in combat, what this means in practice is that your loot selection depends on your spec at the beginning of the fight (barring a bug). By the same token (see what I did there?), the selection of gear you can receive from a coin roll is determined by your spec at the time you trigger the roll. This means it is possible to switch specs immediately after a boss kill in time to use a coin roll on a different selection of loot.

To maximize your chances at Holy-specific items, you would indeed have to be Holy during the relevant fights and remain Holy while using the coins. However, as suggested above, you can still take advantage of the coin rolls while playing Ret or Prot for the fights themselves (as far as I know, anyway)...you just have to remember to switch before the roll if you're doing it this way. If you're there exclusively for xmog gear, why not just queue DPS and try your hand at a shockadin playstyle? The worst that might happen is a vote kick if the group is awful and DPS is the issue ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
can White Tiger Battlegear be used as prot for tanking
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
can White Tiger Battlegear be used as prot for tanking

Sure. Most of it is decently attributed, but some of it has crit. Also, the tier bonuses do nothing for tanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]