Primal Red Raptor HONESTLY??

90 Gnome Warlock
So today my Fiancee logged into wow excited to open her hatched egg and she got the primal Red raptor when she learnt the mount and mounted it i noticed one thing IT LOOKS THE EXACT SAME AS THE SAVAGE RAPTOR, no im not saying oh they look the same as in the swift and non swift spectral tigers look the same they atleast have a couple difference these mounts however look the Exact same i mean if you sat two next each other you couldnt tell them apart i mean we all know players get feed up when blizzard re skin a mount to death *drakes* but this time they didnt even re skin it the just re nammed it its not even red its Orange am i alone on this subject or is that just plain lazy on blizzards behalf?

Yeah i know there are a few other colours in game and the white black and Green all look cool but the red is orange and its the savage raptor renamed go check it out for youself on wow head.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Yeah they look exactly the same, on the one hand im glad they are giving us mounts to grind away on but its frustrating how little effort they put into many mounts these days when Blizzard store pets and mounts look very unique and have clearly had a lot of work put into them.

At the end of the day there isn't anything we can do about it, the only time Blizzard pretends to listen to us is when there is multiple capped threads of united outcry over something, this minor issue in relation to mounts wont even make a blip on their radar.

I plan to spend the next few months stabbing a voodoo doll of Mumper with a pin for not giving us 200-250 mount collecting achievements when Zarhym agreed with the collectors that it was time we got a new goal to aim for. I think he said he will try make it happen in 5.3 :( *fingers crossed*
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Yes, I also noticed this and was disappointed =[

They do however have different riding kit colours.. but that's barely any difference.

It is orange and it should be red.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The seat appears to be different color.
I agree, should be MORE red.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Honestly I wish they were a different skeleton of Raptor. Or at least a big an upgrade as the Alliance Tigers compared to the Shado-Pan Tigers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
i really like my white raptor though
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah, I saw one at Shrine the other day, and decided they wouldn't be at the forefront of my list of mounts to farm. Such a terrible model, imo.

The Direhorns on the other hand. Yum. ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Basically these new guys will just be another 'number' on the list to mount collectors - but like all models, some people will love them and only ride around on them and not choose/farm another 'ground mount'.

But I agree, they should be different, and have stark differences to any other model/color out there - Savage Raptor vs. Primal Red Raptor is just a joke, they are far too closely matched. I don't have the TCG version yet, but I know I would feel very, very let down by the fact that I went out to get this guy (either with real money buying directly from eBay, or having brought the packets to get one, or paying gold to get one already in game) to have it 'cheapened' or 'copied' by an in game mount that looks 99% the same aside from one small color change.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I have the Savage Raptor and am disappointed that there is now such an easy to get version that looks near identical. I am not really a mount collector and actually picked up Savage for the looks for it. Really wished I had known that a TCG mount would have its model and skin put in game before I bought it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I have the Savage Raptor and am disappointed that there is now such an easy to get version that looks near identical. I am not really a mount collector and actually picked up Savage for the looks for it. Really wished I had known that a TCG mount would have its model and skin put in game before I bought it.

And that's the part that is frustrating for me to see (and I don't even have the Savage Raptor) - makes me not want to get the TCG version now :/
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Really wished I had known that a TCG mount would have its model and skin put in game before I bought it.
I feel for you, i'd be pretty annoyed if they made an brought a new dragonhawk into game that looked exactly like the Amani one which I own.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I have the Savage Raptor and i honestly couldn't be more upset about this. Why make 2 mounts exactly the same...... Way to win the LAZY award on this Blizz.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter

I felt the same way with the Blazing Hippogryph somewhat. Down the line the added the one to the Firelands Dailies, and it looks FAR more blazing, but at least those two are distinguishable from each other.

Red Primal Raptor needs to be red, not brown.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
03/17/2013 11:23 PMPosted by Unggoy

I felt the same way with the Blazing Hippogryph somewhat. Down the line the added the one to the Firelands Dailies, and it looks FAR more blazing, but at least those two are distinguishable from each other.

Red Primal Raptor needs to be red, not brown.
At least that blazing is different enough in color. (Why couldnt they make the blazing more blazing?)

But yeah, ill sign off on hating the red primal raptor (which appears brown) and the Black looking like Venomhide v2.0
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
http://i.imgur.com/IjGEs4j.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
http://i.imgur.com/IjGEs4j.jpg

that's the mottled raptor - old school ride.

They might as well allow this since they ruined having an ivory raptor mount that some of us old schoolers have. :( (stupid bone-white primal raptor)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]