Unable to connect on 4g (Galaxy S3/Verizon)

90 Pandaren Monk
Hello,

I am unable to log into the mobile armory when my phone (Galaxy S3 on Verizon, Android 4.1.1) is on 4G or 3G, but it works just fine when connected to wi-fi.

The "login" box pops up and spins for a bit, then I get a "Connection Error, Unable to establish connection to server. (Dismiss/Retry)"

This began happening before 5.2 patch day and is still happening.

Any idea what's going on, or if there's something I need to do to fix it?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Is this happening from the Login screen or from within the Mobile Armory when you are disconnected? There are no general connection issues at this time, but we have had a couple server hiccups, though not too bad.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This happens when I start the app fresh, before I would be prompted to link my authenticator (if I were connected via WiFi).

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am having this exact same issue with my samsung galaxy note 2. Wifi works fine but if im on the mobile network it will not connect. I ensured that the mobile network was working by logging in nfs and it does, so I am unsure where we're being blocked.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I am having the same issue connecting via 4g on my iPhone 4S. I use AT&T. Quite annoying as I was meant to talk to someone via it today :/
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
So it's not an issue when connecting via WiFi, but it is a problem via your carrier? What network carrier do you each have?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm on Verizon.

I do not have trouble connecting to online content in other apps while on 4G, just the Armory.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
I'm on Verizon.

I do not have trouble connecting to online content in other apps while on 4G, just the Armory.

What happens if you attempt to login to this forum from your mobile device?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am pretty much unable to log into the forum using Chrome or the default browser on the phone. The pop-up login window will only let me put my cursor in the name/password field if I pinch-zoom and force the login window to resize, and I need to do this to enter the password as well. After 20 minutes of trying, I'm unable to put those in, switch over to get an authenticator code (I use the mobile authenticator app), and get back to paste it in without closing the window. VERY frustrating.

Any ideas?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I am no longer having this issue. Whatever you did thanks for doing it! Job well done. <3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Wow, I have no issues connecting now. Thanks so much for the help! :)
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Wow, I have no issues connecting now. Thanks so much for the help! :)

Sorry this took so long without a follow up. I was busy all of last week and didn't have time to post on the forum, but as you can see, we're busy fixing things. That can't be that bad of an excuse, can it? :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]