Any Hobbies besides WoW?

90 Gnome Warlock
lifting
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

So what do you guys do besides WoW?

Eat food. Watch Bold and the Beautiful. Drink. Try and resist the urge to go to Maccas for a meal lest I need another tooth extraction, and the only thing that seems to stop me is when there are no newspapers to read (I flip straight to the Your Say section, as I am addicted to listening to other peoples views on matters in society). Tell people that judge me for being unemployed at this time, that they are right and I am ashamed that a lot of their taxes are often being wasted on charities on flood appeals, guide dogs, and children's hospitals-while offering them my resume if they are offering me work.

Also, I talk to friends on the phone from America and elsewhere whenever I get the change, but the majority of those people I talk to are FROM wow, so that doesn't really count. I been watching re-runs of Charmed, an old TV-show also.

And that's a bit of insight into my real life. I'm boring as hell, I know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
computing, motorcycling, tobacco, powerball, and making babies
Edited by Darthvixen on 3/14/2013 8:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Someone earlier in the thread mentioned mini war gaming.

I do Warhammer, both Fantasy Battle and 40k. WoW is what I do after it gets too dark to comfortably paint anymore.

I also do 3d modeling and digital painting.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Snowboarding!!! Is pretty much my free time life outside of wow until spring and summer. Then it becomes paintball and biking.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
no one reading my comment? my lit' bro playing Team Fortress 2.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well other than WoW I create maps for L4D2, code a MUD (yeah they still exist), and develop remote administration software. Pretty much all my hobbies.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Here's a sample of my writing since everyone is posting their drawings:

Traffic had stopped. Up ahead through the rain, Rob could see alternating blue and red lights of a police car flashing in the late afternoon gloom. It really didn’t make much sense for there to be a traffic stop today, of all days. In this town, people saved their drunk driving for the ‘big holidays’ like the fourth of July, New Year’s Eve, and almost every other holiday. But Thanksgiving seemed pretty sacrosanct. People generally stayed home with their families, ate too much, took naps and watched football. But this was small town at its finest. In fact, somewhere in the back of Rob’s mind, it struck him that it was odd there was so much traffic today. He understood that, sure, movies might come out on holidays but for there to be so much traffic today it just seemed so out of place as to be noticeable. He wondered why it hadn’t struck him earlier.

Regardless, he pulled his wallet out and removed his license and put it with his registration and put it in the visor so he wouldn’t have to dig it out and hold everyone else up. It paid to be prepared. It was the one lesson he’d taken away from the Boy Scouts: Always Be Prepared. For him, it didn’t mean that every time the goons on the local news talked about ‘possible snow’ in the winter he had to rush to the grocery store and buy immense amounts of bread and milk, it meant you had to be ready emotionally, to deal with unforeseen circumstances and their consequences. Without that, you didn’t stand a chance when life threw you a curve ball…or hit you in the back of the head with an aluminum baseball bat and knocked you out. Emotional preparedness meant you were strong enough to pick up and keep going regardless of what life threw at you. You didn’t stop and when you couldn’t walk, you crawled. And when you couldn’t crawl, you somehow pulled yourself to your feet and kept going. One couldn’t simply stop because you hit a rough patch. Moving forward in life meant you had hope for the future. When you had hope, you had a chance. And when you had a chance, well then you had incentive to move forward. And it fed itself like that as long as you were prepared; an immeasurably huge cosmic serpent consuming its own tail for all eternity, oblivious to everything around it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I draw stupid stuff.

http://supadupadog.tumblr.com/image/45334549648

I love it. =3

I draw a little bit, just finished this practice today:
http://girault.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-Anthro-359536634
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Here's a sample of my writing since everyone is posting their drawings:

Traffic had stopped. Up ahead through the rain, Rob could see alternating blue and red lights of a police car flashing in the late afternoon gloom. It really didn’t make much sense for there to be a traffic stop today, of all days. In this town, people saved their drunk driving for the ‘big holidays’ like the fourth of July, New Year’s Eve, and almost every other holiday. But Thanksgiving seemed pretty sacrosanct. People generally stayed home with their families, ate too much, took naps and watched football. But this was small town at its finest. In fact, somewhere in the back of Rob’s mind, it struck him that it was odd there was so much traffic today. He understood that, sure, movies might come out on holidays but for there to be so much traffic today it just seemed so out of place as to be noticeable. He wondered why it hadn’t struck him earlier.

Regardless, he pulled his wallet out and removed his license and put it with his registration and put it in the visor so he wouldn’t have to dig it out and hold everyone else up. It paid to be prepared. It was the one lesson he’d taken away from the Boy Scouts: Always Be Prepared. For him, it didn’t mean that every time the goons on the local news talked about ‘possible snow’ in the winter he had to rush to the grocery store and buy immense amounts of bread and milk, it meant you had to be ready emotionally, to deal with unforeseen circumstances and their consequences. Without that, you didn’t stand a chance when life threw you a curve ball…or hit you in the back of the head with an aluminum baseball bat and knocked you out. Emotional preparedness meant you were strong enough to pick up and keep going regardless of what life threw at you. You didn’t stop and when you couldn’t walk, you crawled. And when you couldn’t crawl, you somehow pulled yourself to your feet and kept going. One couldn’t simply stop because you hit a rough patch. Moving forward in life meant you had hope for the future. When you had hope, you had a chance. And when you had a chance, well then you had incentive to move forward. And it fed itself like that as long as you were prepared; an immeasurably huge cosmic serpent consuming its own tail for all eternity, oblivious to everything around it.

That is pretty good stuff. I am not much of a reader but I'd read on.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I've been playing the drums to various christian music for over 30 years. Most of the time its been to hardcore metal, speed metal.

Also play guitar but no where near as good on it as I am the drums.

Play paintball spring through fall

Drive and pitcrew demolition derby during summer

Bow hunting

I paint oil paintings. Im good enough that I have people that want to buy my paintings.

Love to read fantasy books.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I draw stupid stuff.

http://supadupadog.tumblr.com/image/45334549648

I love it. =3

Nice that is really cool also.
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin
Lately I've been practicing a few dances for a performance I have in May when i get off WoW, followed by some forum time.
Hence why i'm here.
I love it. =3

That's really cool Gerart!
Edited by Shadryck on 3/14/2013 9:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I go to real life LARPing events (Live Action Role Play).

Really? Not sure if trolling or being serious. Some people think they are really nerdy but hey whatever you enjoy in life is great. I don't think they are nerdy though.. I play WoW :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
no one reading my comment? my lit' bro playing Team Fortress 2.

That is nice. I just noticed your comment. You are probably a good brother : p
Reply Quote
97 Blood Elf Hunter
I spin, knit, weave and sew
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I go to real life LARPing events (Live Action Role Play).

Two questions about LARPing:

1) Do RL CRZs dismount you on multi passenger mounts?

2) What are queue times like?

I kid! I always wanted to try LARPing but now I am old and grizzled and stuck in my ways....now get off my sidewalk ya whippersnappers!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]