Increased Elegon Lag after 5.2?

90 Draenei Paladin
I've been running on high-ultra settings and have had no lag whatsoever on elegon yet since 5.2 has dropped i've found myself dropping to single digit fps on Elegon. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? I've tried lowering settings to low and it still lags considerably.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Yeah something very weird is going on with Elegon. I don't get any frame drops but I can literally hear my videocard fan SCREAMING when I step onto Elegon's platform now. It only happens when you're actually on the platform, as soon as you step off it stops. I'd repost this in the bug forum.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Primordius' center platform has a similar effect for me, but it doesn't have the changing effect that Elegon's platform does.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/15/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Kataeus
I've been running on high-ultra settings and have had no lag whatsoever on elegon yet since 5.2 has dropped i've found myself dropping to single digit fps on Elegon. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, I've seen a huge increase in lag on Elegon. It occurs when I step onto the platform.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
My friend and I have also been experiencing this. Please fix it.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
Yes, me and several of my guild mates are having the exact same problem. On a wide range of computers, low end to very high end comps.

Also even more worrying is I checked my graphic card temperatures during this fight and they shoot up roughly 15 degrees and then as soon as Elegon fight is over the temps immediately go back down. Thats not healthy for a graphics card at all.

This NEVER happened before patch 5.2 and I have killed Elegon many times.

Please look into this Blizzard.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
i have the same problem and it only happens in lfr normal mode theres no lag but lfr its so bad that i actually die from all the lag...
Reply Quote
91 Troll Druid
Ugg, this is awful now.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
While this is relevant to the R&D forum for pinpointing the issue, have you made a thread on the bug report forum too?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
This was crossposted in the bug forum shortly after the OP was made.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
i have the same problem and it only happens in lfr normal mode theres no lag but lfr its so bad that i actually die from all the lag...
your not the only one It worst yet I crash on that fight I fear if I get a healer or worst have to tank on him with my other char since 5.2 they crash freeze and I get kick out the raid.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
I don't play on ultra-high (or even high settings...or even good >_>) normally but something that worked for many people in my guild this week was to turn your shadow quality settings up. It sounds counter-intuitive but for some reason it works. Went from sub 20 fps to well over 40 on Elegon this week; same for Primordius.

Hope this helps!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Happens to me all the time in LFR with all my graphics settings set to low.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
My fps was already awful before Elegon, now whenever I get on the center platform as of 5.2, my framerates drop down to about 3 fps, with all settings on the lowest possible.

Also, I think part of the reason Primordius' platform is like that is because there's actually something underneath the center platform.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Don't even try to do Elegon crossrealm...
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
The only graphics lag I get is during sand adds on Council of Elders - it can drop to under 5 FPS. Normally 30+.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I've been running on high-ultra settings and have had no lag whatsoever on elegon yet since 5.2 has dropped i've found myself dropping to single digit fps on Elegon. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? I've tried lowering settings to low and it still lags considerably.

I noticed crazy lag problems with Elegon recently too... it didn't do this to me the first few months on my monk. My FPS drops to like 6 and I even reduced my settings to low low low
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Bought a machine with 10x the frames, and the lag is still bad, I go from 60 on ultra to 25 on normal settings now, instead of 15 frames to .5
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]