The reason for Jade Serpent Statue?

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Monk
So I have been playing a mistweaver since 85 and Id say I got a pretty good handle on it.

I am not wondering as to why in the game mechanics do you need jade serpent statue, that's fairly obvious.

My general curiosity is I cant really figure out a reason for it. My offspec is brewmaster and I can see the uses for statue of the black ox. It does something that without, a brewmaster cannot replicate alone. Jade Serpent Statue isn't that at all with the exception of a free soothing mists which auto targets. It, unlike the brewmaster counterpart, essentially just increases your HoT healing, as far as I have seen it do. It also costs no mana and has a great range of placement, not to mention lasts a very long time. Which means its meant to be used at pretty much every engagement after you get it.

So the question really is, why isn't this just a passive buff? I know its only two extra button presses a pull, but with a mistweaver having so many buttons already, it just feels repetitive at some point.

Basically just thought I would throw it up here see if anyone else had any great insight I was simply missing.
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/17/2013 12:46 AMPosted by Gonin
So the question really is, why isn't this just a passive buff? I know its only two extra button presses a pull, but with a mistweaver having so many buttons already, it just feels repetitive at some point.

If it were a passive buff, you couldn't do neat things with placement in raids.

Also, it looks cool.
90 Night Elf Priest
The real beauty of the statue is in line of sight.
90 Pandaren Priest

^^

Much like Lightwell, and even Atonement.
1 Tauren Shaman
Management buff that also needs to be paid attention to in terms of positioning so it can make the spec more complex.

Now, whether or not the added complexity is required is more of a opinionated issue. I don't think it's a huge amount of added complexity though.

It is the source of Eminence heals though, on top of the Soothing Mists thing.
Edited by Kangamooster on 3/17/2013 2:33 AM PDT
03/17/2013 01:37 AMPosted by Tiriel

^^

Much like Lightwell, and even Atonement.

Lightwell? Nothing like lightwell whatsoever, lightwell has a 3 min cooldown, heals for 15 ticks, and it's gone, it doesn't double cast heals cast by the player, it just passively gives a 15 tick hot, then it's gone all on its own. Nothing compares to that statue.

Edit:

Please don't post in old threads unless otherwise instructed to do so by a forum representative.

This thread is now locked.
Edited by Dankorii on 11/19/2013 7:20 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]