The Troll Redemption Movement Continues...

100 Troll Druid
Yes, I am still fighting for Trolls to stop being killed by either A: Bringing the other troll races (Ice, Sand, Zandalari, and Dark) into the Horde or B: making them go neutral. Blizzard started this by stating how the Trolls are going to die and they keep putting them up for us to commit genocide on. Blizzard, you granted me this game, and for the most part I stay due to the lore, but I will not rest till all of trollkind has a future. Let the dream of Vol'jin becoming king of the trolls come true instead of killing every troll race except Forest and Jungle. I will not bow and I will not break!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I think the Darkspear should retake Stranglethorn and build themselves a proper city and begin building the Darkspear empire.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I would very much like to not totally wipe out five unique cultures dating back nearly to the dawn of Azeroth, yes.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Warrior
03/17/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Grazzbek
Yes, I am still fighting for Trolls to stop being killed by either A: Bringing the other troll races (Ice, Sand, Zandalari, and Dark) into the Horde or B: making them go neutral.

A: Past conflicts would make that a bad idea. It would be like having americans go to vietnam a week after the war ended. Blood elves would mistreat the amani, Orcs would slave/mistreat ice and sand trolls because of how savage they are, and the zandalari would have constant conflicts with everyone else because they are so high and mighty.

B: Making them go neutral would be really weird. It would be completely changing their culture and how they work. Sand trolls need blood (Which horde and alliance don't like) Drakkari and wayyyy to aggressive to be neutral, amani have enemies with the blood elves (The blood elves won't forget how the amani attacked them as they ran from the scourge)Plus they have too much hatred for the elves.

The only one I see being neutral are the zandalari, and by that I mean mantid neutral. If you do anything bad to them they will hunt you down, and never forgive you. They think they are better than everyone else so they would treat you like crap. (Like the mantid do)

The trolls are like the Aztecs. Their ways are way to different to just live with. They also don't have technology. The trolls as a race are just way too prideful to do that (Besides the darkspear)

03/17/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Grazzbek
Let the dream of Vol'jin becoming king of the trolls come true

Don't worry, he will. When every other troll race is dead.
Edited by Jatzulak on 3/18/2013 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
03/18/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Jatzulak
The trolls as a race are just way too prideful to do that

Like the Orcs, they will learn, and they will submit to Vol'jin's rule. They won't have a choice.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
If the Trolls would quit trying to kill/enslave/conquer everyone else maybe we'd all quit trying to kill them.

I'm rather disappointed in the Zandalari, they seemed like the most intelligent and reasonable of their race.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Shaman
If the Trolls would quit trying to kill/enslave/conquer everyone else maybe we'd all quit trying to kill them.

Maybe if the entire planet would stop killing and conquering Trolls, they'd stop defending themselves.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Well blizzard needed something else for us to go to war with so the Zandalari got the thumbs up for that. I would like the survivors or whatever to come join us. The revantusk tribe joined us I don't see why some others can't. God dammit blizzard just let em join us next exp ffs.
Reply Quote
sorry but that won't stop them from dying out either way, me an good ol' Saxton Hale are teaming up with Hemett Nesingwary and Dannath Trollbane for a weekend of mass murdering trolls.

Don't forget to come out to the troll-BBQ pit.

Oh Kellick, here's your invite btw :)
Edited by Seebach on 3/18/2013 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
To late already knocked that danath guy out mon. Be ready for a sacrifice any day now. Be waitin for the rest of ya for our mass sacrifice.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
All these Trolls getting stomped shows how bad the situation is currently for WoW lore.

Basically, if you are not Alliance or Horde, you die and lose. They write stories with many groups and characters... just so they can be beaten to complete annihilation.

Darkspear Trolls? A weak a miserable tribe from some islands, joined the Horde to survive.

Zandalari, Amani, Gurubashi, etc. All great troll kingdoms that had a lot of power, got beaten, then joined forces later becoming quite a force along with the Mogu.

Who will get out of this alive and ready to "build a future for the troll races"? Darkspear, duh. They're Horde.

That's why despite how I liked 5.2 lore, it only made me sick. Blizz can create high quality new stuff, problem is this compulsion to utterly wipe something just to improve the Alliance and Horde story. Better, so players can "has the lootz".

Anyways, what is probably going to happen is that Darkspears will be the only remaining Troll group in Azeroth, at least the only powerful one, because they're Horde. Perhaps, Blizz might add subraces in the future and other types of trolls might joine the Darkspear.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
To late already knocked that danath guy out mon. Be ready for a sacrifice any day now. Be waitin for the rest of ya for our mass sacrifice.

It thinks it's people.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Shaman
Who will get out of this alive and ready to "build a future for the troll races"? Darkspear, duh. They're Horde.

I'm growing increasingly disillusioned that anything of the sort will even happen.

I won't gloomy Gus all over this thread, but suffice it to say I've decided not to hold my breath when it comes to anything Troll related that isn't Darkspear.

Obviously, Shadows of the Horde, the upcoming Vol'jin novel by Stackpole, may yet bring something to make me change my mind, but I'm not holding out on the hope of Trolls becoming relevant outside the old "murder 'em all" narrative, or even the Darkspear after 5.3/4.

We shall see what we shall see.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
This long and no one's made the obvious link? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrY9eHkXTa4

But in all seriousness... What comes after this? Are the Zandalari going to become as minor yet persistent as the Scarlet Crusade? ("No one expects de Zandalari! Again! ...Again.")
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I think the Darkspear should retake Stranglethorn and build themselves a proper city and begin building the Darkspear empire.

So the Alliance can't retake Stromgarde for Gilneas because it would be too close to the Forsaken starting zone, but the Trolls can take Stranglethorn Vale which is right next to the Kingdom of Stormwind.

Oh that would go over well =/
Edited by Kenthil on 3/18/2013 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
So the Alliance can't retake Stromgarde for Gilneas because it would be too close to the Forsaken starting zone, but the Trolls can take Stranglethorn Vale which is right next to the Kingdom of Stormwind.

I don't see anything wrong with the Alliance having Stromgarde.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I want SAND TROLLS!!!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I want SAND TROLLS!!!

Yes.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
03/18/2013 06:54 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

I don't see anything wrong with the Alliance having Stromgarde.

Take your pick Stromgarde or Gilneas(Alliance 2 cities next to Undercity would be overkill!).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]