The Troll Redemption Movement Continues...

100 Troll Mage
03/18/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Kenthil
I think the Darkspear should retake Stranglethorn and build themselves a proper city and begin building the Darkspear empire.

So the Alliance can't retake Stromgarde for Gilneas because it would be too close to the Forsaken starting zone, but the Trolls can take Stranglethorn Vale which is right next to the Kingdom of Stormwind.

Oh that would go over well =/

Why should the Alliance get anything?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Take your pick Stromgarde or Gilneas(Alliance 2 cities next to Undercity would be overkill!).

Stromgarde honestly. Not as a city hub for players but as a place the Alliance has.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 3/18/2013 9:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

Why indeed.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
03/18/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Kenthil
I think the Darkspear should retake Stranglethorn and build themselves a proper city and begin building the Darkspear empire.

So the Alliance can't retake Stromgarde for Gilneas because it would be too close to the Forsaken starting zone, but the Trolls can take Stranglethorn Vale which is right next to the Kingdom of Stormwind.

Worgen should retake Gilneas(they pretty much already have, it's just not reflected in game).
Gnomes should abandon gnomeregan and build a new city somewhere in Southern Kalimdor.
Goblins should get Undermine as a city.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Gnomes should abandon gnomeregan and build a new city somewhere in Southern Kalimdor.

Screw that noise, the Horde needs Un'Goro.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Not as a city hub for players but as a place the Alliance has.

In lore it does, and I know you didn't say this but having Strom and Gilneas would not be overkill.

It would be justified after all the Horde has gained and even then it would only be reaffirming what already is the Alliances. Not an actual gain at all.

What, the Horde is the only faction allowed to get anything? Typical mentality around here.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
In lore it does

I thought it was just ruins?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
03/18/2013 10:26 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
In lore it does

I thought it was just ruins?

I don't know why it's called that, it may have battle damage but it's hardly ruins. Most of that was done by the Cataclysm anyway.

It may not have a civilian population but it's made fairly clear that Gilneas is held by the Gilneans and the 7th Legion now.

What with that whole episode where they were in the process of taking over Silverpine before Sylvy pulled her hilarious hostage trick to keep from getting kicked back to Undercity.

So it's a place that the Alliance has.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 3/18/2013 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Y'know, technically, the troll tribes are all neutral.
It just so happen that they're the kind of neutral that are also enemies of both factions rather than allies of both.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
It thinks it's people.

Um, ok man cool I guess.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage

What, the Horde is the only faction allowed to get anything? Typical mentality around here.

No, it's not. The story forums are overrun with Alliance sympathy. You don't NEED to get anything if the Troll Nations joined the Horde. Nothing at all.

Everything doesn't need to be balanced all the time.
There will be plenty of chances for the Alliance to get something and the Horde to get nothing.

Life isn't fair and balanced. Why should life in Azeroth be any different?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
So, by your logic, then, it'd be totally fine if the Alliance seized control of the Echo Isles, since life isn't always fair for the trolls either?

(Mostly kidding, by and by).
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
So, by your logic, then, it'd be totally fine if the Alliance seized control of the Echo Isles, since life isn't always fair for the trolls either?

(Mostly kidding, by and by).

Yep. Crap happens. That makes the story interesting.

Besides, Echo Islands is awful anyhow.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Jatzulak
Yes, I am still fighting for Trolls to stop being killed by either A: Bringing the other troll races (Ice, Sand, Zandalari, and Dark) into the Horde or B: making them go neutral.

A: Past conflicts would make that a bad idea. It would be like having americans go to vietnam a week after the war ended. Blood elves would mistreat the amani, Orcs would slave/mistreat ice and sand trolls because of how savage they are, and the zandalari would have constant conflicts with everyone else because they are so high and mighty.

B: Making them go neutral would be really weird. It would be completely changing their culture and how they work. Sand trolls need blood (Which horde and alliance don't like) Drakkari and wayyyy to aggressive to be neutral, amani have enemies with the blood elves (The blood elves won't forget how the amani attacked them as they ran from the scourge)Plus they have too much hatred for the elves.

The only one I see being neutral are the zandalari, and by that I mean mantid neutral. If you do anything bad to them they will hunt you down, and never forgive you. They think they are better than everyone else so they would treat you like crap. (Like the mantid do)

The trolls are like the Aztecs. Their ways are way to different to just live with. They also don't have technology. The trolls as a race are just way too prideful to do that (Besides the darkspear)

Let the dream of Vol'jin becoming king of the trolls come true

Don't worry, he will. When every other troll race is dead.

Quite you! I will not be silenced!
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 10:11 PMPosted by Lena

Worgen should retake Gilneas(they pretty much already have, it's just not reflected in game).
Goblins should get Undermine as a city.

I thought you were all about Draenei.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk

I thought you were all about Draenei.

Draenei have a city, although it's infested with blood elves at the moment. And they have a naaru ship that serves as a city.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
Trolls would be better off if they didn't try starting wars to avenge land lost 30 generations prior by an "enemy" that has largely forgotten about them, while the Trolls some how manage to brood in hate and bigotry for these events as if it were happening to them in the present and not 3000 years ago.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
It's possible what's left of the Zandalar might join the Darkspear.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
There will be plenty of chances for the Alliance to get something and the Horde to get nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

Cdev will ensure that no matter what the Alliance gets, the Horde will always get something in return.

The same could not be said for Alliance but hey - In the words of a(n in)famous Blizzard employee "F those losers."
Edited by Mordstreich on 3/21/2013 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
It's possible what's left of the Zandalar might join the Darkspear.
That'd be a shame and a waste. They should seek out the Night Elves instead...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]