Make Zandalari Warbringers Taunt Immune

90 Pandaren Shaman
I was recently killing a zandarlari warbringer in Kun Lai when a player continued to taunt the enemy from me and attempt to knock if off the ledge so that it would evade bug. Eventually, this player succeeded in resetting the mob and stealing the tag after he forced it to reset. My taunt is not on the same cooldown as a druid tanks and my root is also not on a sufficiently short cooldown to counter this players knockback.

I don't think this is a fair way to play the game. I have reported this player and hopefully he'll receive punitive action for this harrassing behavior.

That being said, there is no need for these mobs to be able to be taunted in the first place, which allowed this player to harrass me. These mobs should be taunt immune, effectively not allowing another player to have such a degree of control over a mob tagged to another player.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I don't really agree it is a problem. What if player A finds the mob and gets ready to attack it, and Player B comes along and fires an instant cast on it and steals the tag? What if Player B is a different faction and ganks player A?

You don't have full rights to any mob just because you hit it first, it seems to me.

Making them taunt-immune probably wouldn't solve it either. If the druid had got there just after you pulled , then he could take threat off you by being in bear form and you'd have no recourse. And if he got there later, then you should have moved the mob away from the edge early on in the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

You don't have full rights to any mob just because you hit it first, it seems to me.

This kind of mentality is what's killing this game;

You didn't get the tag first? You can't get the tag without exploiting game mechanics to get it.

Sorry.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Taunt Immune IF you or your group doesn't have the tag.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
making them taunt immune would make soloing them on a lock or hunter impossible. They don't need to be taunt immune, just have a mechanic where if someone outside of your party taunts them rather then moving in to attack, they turn, fire a ranged attack that 1 shots them, and goes back to attacking you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
03/17/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Autumni

The only time I would agree with that is if you were on a PvP server and someone killed you to get to the mob. That's what a PvP server is all about. But taking advantage of a bug to steal a kill for another player is not right, and it would be cool if Blizzard did something to prevent it.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
yes you do. thats why it is greyed out. it means "not yours, sorry, move along, get stuffed".
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
They should not be able to be taunted if you don't have the tag, polymorph does not allow you to sheep targets you don't have tagged so i don't see why they don't do this with taunts.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
If it's opposing faction that kills you to take it then fine, pvp happened. However it's a huge problem when your own faction griefs mobs away from you to steal the tag. Anyone who defends it is either a douche, an alt poster, or both.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

But... but that's exactly how the tagging system works in this game and has always worked.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
A hotfix went out earlier this afternoon to address Zandalari Warbringer concerns.

• Zandalari Warbringers are currently immune to crowd control and interrupt effects.

• Edit update #2: We're looking into if the change was intended.
    Edit update #3: Clarification from Lead Encounter Designer Ion Hazzikostas (Watcher) regarding the change to Zandalari Warbringers.
    Edited by Rygarius on 3/20/2013 1:43 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Warlock
    ...but, but... I can't force choke them on my DK now >:
    Sadness. Blood DKs will still be able to perform well against them yes?
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Warlock
    A hotfix went out earlier this afternoon to address Zandalari Warbringer concerns.

• Zandalari Warbringers are now immune to taunt, knockback, and grip effects.

• So how will this affect hunters?
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Warrior

Zandalari Warbringers are now immune to taunt, knockback, and grip effects.

thaaaank yoooou!! <3
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Monk

They immune to snares as well so you aren't going to solo it as a hunter.
    Reply Quote
    11 Draenei Paladin

• Excellent.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Mage

They'll have to party up like the rest of us... Although I've been told that most classes can solo it if they can use slow effects.
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid

• /slowclap
    Reply Quote
    This is the worse hotfix ever. I mean ever.

You took the lazy route and just nerfed all forms of cc and taunts on them. Now even if I'm attempting to tank or kite them in anyway. I can't. You could have just made it where if you're not in the group that has the tag you can't taunt. But no, you took the lazy route. Way to go Blizzard.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]