Make Zandalari Warbringers Taunt Immune

100 Human Paladin
Well, everyone who disagrees with the changes can thank all of the grieving that some people cause. (you know who you are) If it wasn't for the grieving, then this problem would not have come up, nor would the changes have been made. Now we all just have to accept or disagree with these changes, and hope that maybe Blizzard comes up with something different for next week, if they do at all. Til then, deal with it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
So I understand how taunt/knockbacks were used to reset the mob, but how the heck did someone use interrupts to grief people?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
AWB
They also have a leesh now. Tried kiting it on my hunter via AoC and it would turn back once I hit the road.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
With this fix, unless you're lucky enough to talk a group into camping a spawn for a few hours, you've basically made this an exclusive farm for tank classes.

Not sure how well bear tanks can do, but DKs and brewmaster monks (and presumably, paladins) seem to be okay. So, yes, if this was intended to fix soloing... it didn't. It simply reduced which classes had a plausible shot at soloing.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I'm disappointed that I can't solo these anymore because of the changes to how CC abilities work against these mobs. It took it fair amount of time to kill it solo, but I could kite the Warbringer mobs when I could root them with Frost Shock.

I'll admit that it wasn't that difficult, but it wasn't exactly easy, either.

The majority of people that I found out I could solo it were extremely surprised that I could do it.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
A hotfix went out earlier this afternoon to address Zandalari Warbringer concerns.

• Zandalari Warbringers are currently immune to crowd control and interrupt effects.

• Edit update #2: We're looking into if the change was intended.

If they are immune to crowd controls then how are they being taunted off then?

Sounds like a bug to me.

DPS have fears those are crowd controls. Tanks have taunt thats a crowd control to attack the tank i dont see a difference.

The only thing i can see to fix it is to make tagged mobs immune to outside crowd control effects or fix the piece of code that was left out.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    A hotfix went out earlier this afternoon to address Zandalari Warbringer concerns.

Zandalari Warbringers are currently immune to crowd control and interrupt effects.

Edit update #2: We're looking into if the change was intended.

This change has been made. But how is it fair now for the only Tanks i can see running around solo killing them. How is it fair to hunters, Mages, Rogues...ect or any DPS class when we could solo them when we could Slow/Snare them...please bring Slow/Snaring back but leave no Taunting that is a great Improvement :)
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Rogue

• Zandalari Warbringers are currently immune to crowd control and interrupt effects.

• Edit update #2: We're looking into if the change was intended.

If they are immune to crowd controls then how are they being taunted off then?

Sounds like a bug to me.

DPS have fears those are crowd controls. Tanks have taunt thats a crowd control to attack the tank i dont see a difference.

The only thing i can see to fix it is to make tagged mobs immune to outside crowd control effects or fix the piece of code that was left out.

CC means preventing a mob from taking any actions. Taunt is not a CC.
    Reply Quote
    100 Blood Elf Paladin
    The people happy with the change couldn't solo them in the first place and are just JEALOUS of those of us who could.

Also, enough with the 'tanks can still solo them' talk. That is hardly true. I killed over 30 of them pre-hotfix. Now the fear makes it impossible.

On top of that, griefing still occurs. I've had both horde and alliance on my pve realm train mobs onto me pre and post hotfix.

Let's face it, until they fix the loot rules - such as changing it to something like the loot rules of the rares on the Isle, jerks will continue laughing their butts off preventing others from accomplishing things.
    Reply Quote
    You don't have full rights to any mob just because you hit it first, it seems to me.

Actually in terms of tradition with MMO's the first one to hit the mob are the owners of the mob. Stealing the creature back is something people do (trying to wipe other group or raid but still it is wrong).

It's also the way the game is made.
    Edited by Bellcross on 3/20/2013 7:33 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    So I understand how taunt/knockbacks were used to reset the mob, but how the heck did someone use interrupts to grief people?

A par-for-the-course Blizzard overreaction. It's like when people say a fight is tuned just a little too tightly and it gets nerfed by 250%. Blizzard is extraordinarily bad at finding the middle ground.

This change has been made. But how is it fair now for the only Tanks i can see running around solo killing them. How is it fair to hunters, Mages, Rogues...ect or any DPS class when we could solo them when we could Slow/Snare them...please bring Slow/Snaring back but leave no Taunting that is a great Improvement :)

Honestly, I imagine this is just a gigantic oversight on their part because with each botched fix they implement (no offense, you guys do your best), it's just painfully clear that they no longer actually play the game. Which is totally fine, but you have to expect these types of problems to arise when that is the case.

Let's face it, until they fix the loot rules - such as changing it to something like the loot rules of the rares on the Isle, jerks will continue laughing their butts off preventing others from accomplishing things.

This is what completely dumbfounds me the most. Not only did they have the opportunity to implement them like this at the beginning and didn't. They sat and watched the rare sharing on Isle turn out to be a large success with much faction cooperation and very little abuse, while the griefing with these was through the roof. Then, after seeing that success on isle and griefing on these, decided to hotfix the Warbringers AND STILL didn't change them over to a proven, working model that is seen on Isle rares. Face meet palm!
    Edited by Spechunt on 3/20/2013 7:39 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Blood Elf Priest
    Depending on how Blizzard intends these mobs to be fought, there are 2 possible solutions to the problem.

1) Blizzard wants them to be a group effort:
    Keep the changes to cc/roots/snares.
    Remove the possibility of outside taunts resetting (several possible solutions, including a fixation on the player that pulled, which could cause problems if a dps accidentally pulls, or limiting threat to the group that pulled).
    Insert some sort of soft enrage that prevents tank classes from soloing the mobs.

If Blizz wants a group effort to be the status quo for Warbringers, they basically need to be a 5-man dungeon boss with a timer.

2) Blizzard wants the mobs to be solo-able/kite-able.
    Make the mobs rootable/snarable/stunnable.
    Make the mobs immune to taunts.

While the taunt immunity may make life a tad bit harder for classes/small comp.'s with players that taunt, players who were solo'ing these mobs before should not have a problem.
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Mage
    Edited by Spechunt on 3/20/13 2:21 AM (PDT)

Lol wow, 22 pages of DKs/Prot Wars and Pallies saying, "Everythings fine, well done Blizzard."Translation: "Thanks for reducing our solo competition on these by a gigantic margin. By the time they grab their group, I'll have solo'd every spawn available and be heading back to re-camp the first. Lulz!"No one was complaining about these being solo'able. People simply wanted to stop the griefing going on with taunts.If you're aslo trying to keep players from solo'ing these, where's the stacking debuff to self-heals for tank classes?I certainly support disabling the grief mechanics on these mobs (taunt immunity was really all you needed to disable to kill 99% of griefing), but the current fix basically means people who are attempting to gather guildies together to get a spawn will pretty much always be waiting for their group to arrive while a DK swoops in to solo the kill.With this fix, unless you're lucky enough to talk a group into camping a spawn for a few hours, you've basically made this an exclusive farm for tank classes.

^^^^^^^THIS.

i spent like 2+ hours last night following a blood dk around all 5 spawn points soloing these. extremely irritated with blizz for making them immune to cc.
    Edited by Vandoran on 3/20/2013 7:47 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Mage
    there is also a huge problem with this "fix" for starters there are no tanks in the first place, so whoever has the most aggro is tanking. problem number 1, healer will run oom healing the person before the guy dies. problem number 2, this person would be 1000x better off kiting. problem number 3, who ever is 'tanking' dies and now they have to run back whilst the warbringer smashes whomever he is grouped with, this person needs aggro back however guess what THEY CANT TAUNT OFF THEIR OWN 'TEAMATE'.

blizzard. what your fix should have been. Zandalari Warbringers are now only able to be crowdcontroled if the player has tag.
    Reply Quote
    100 Goblin Priest
    Group them? All I see is the same group of people now hogging all the spawns.

When I was able to actually solo them, I had a chance at loot, now I have next to none. I even advertise in chat for anyone to come help and nothing.

Guess I'll have to wait until next expansion when I'm level 95 and have a better shot at soloing. Great outlook for people who are playing current expansion. :\
    Reply Quote
    100 Dwarf Hunter
    Still kitable. Just can't snare them.

Glyph of Pathfinding + Posthaste + kite in a circle. Their ability casts will usually stop them for long enough that you won't even have to use Posthaste. If you have an Overgrown Lilypad, then the backup Dash is also useful.
    Reply Quote
    95 Goblin Mage
    Rolling a DK or might try soloing them in Brewmaster spec on my monk. They were alot of fun before, but now if i actually spend the time finding a spawn and ask in trade or general for another group of people to help, some guild of 5 flys in and tags it. Usually saying thanks for the heads up etc.

I don't understand the slow immunity part of it. I'd be fine without interrupts or stuns, but take a slow away from it and i can't take more than 2 shots without cauterizing. Thank GOD i got the mount before these changes, now i'm just gonna act like they don't exist so i don't waste any more time alerting other groups.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Mage
    Seems to me if they intend NOT to have them so soloable, increase the HP AND do Tap to Faction. Gimping player abilities for just this fight just doesn't seem "right."

Besides, seems to me these guys are simply world bosses (OK, so call them world mini-bosses because you don't need 40+ to deal with them).
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Mage
    Except they are a rare spawn. 20 million health is not jack compared to most raids/lfr/world bosses. The amount of dps we do period makes 20 million heath go by fast. There is absolutely no point in doing these mobs anymore. They are no longer fun. Sure what anyone considers fun and what I consider fun will differ. But I can tell you that most people who are after these are not after the mounts. That's a fact.
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Mage
    These mounts are now exclusivley for tanks, any non-tank found with them should be reported immdiatly for exploiting the game. No, but seriuosly; stop bringing up that these require a group, because that goes without saying. period. Clearly, a mob 20 million health and hits like a !@#$ing truck is not supposed to be solo'd by one person, HOWEVER we can do it, so why shoudln't we do so.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]