Make Zandalari Warbringers Taunt Immune

90 Troll Warlock
Did their damage output also get buffed? I was on my DK tank trying to solo one just now and got wrecked at 50%. Before this I've never had trouble soloing them before, even when not interrupting fears. Their damage output definitely seems higher than it was before. Oh well, I'll continue attempting until I find a way. Over 200 kills, 4 mount drops, 0 winning rolls, I'm through with groups for these guys.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
so whats the update on this, its been awhile

Still working on getting clarification.

It's in the patch notes, which I took as official confirmation, but I do hope we can do everything we did before, just minus taunting. I'm no longer able to solo them anymore. I got 2 of the 3 mounts out of the way, would be nice to get the 3rd.
Reply Quote
71 Human Warlock
03/20/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Tempcharac
For the people that were supposedly soloing them "for the challenge" and not the mount. They already have that in game, it's called Brawler's Guild. Otherwise group up and learn to share, stop crying about how you can't horde mats, rep insignias, and mounts.

Brawler's Guild is a losing proposition. It's nothing more than a giant gold sink.

"Challenge" is only part of the reason I soloed it. Reward to balance against the risk is also required.

Brawler's Guild simply isn't worth it. I hit Rank 4, got my pet and never did it again. Not to mention you can't repeat a fight to master it.

That, and the Warbringers are still completely soloable by some. Took some modification to my DK talents, but still very doable.
Edited by Miniòn on 3/20/2013 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
so whats the update on this, its been awhile

Still working on getting clarification.
keep us updated plz :-)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Instead of taunt immune entirely; make it to how most mobs are. If it's tapped and grey to you, your taunts don't work. Meaning you get the "Target is Tapped." message. That would solve all problems.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
Instead of taunt immune entirely; make it to how most mobs are. If it's tapped and grey to you, your taunts don't work. Meaning you get the "Target is Tapped." message. That would solve all problems.

Well said. I don't understand why that tech is almost never used anymore. I remember back in BC even when anti grieving was applied through making mobs ignore your abilities if tapped. you couldn't taunt or sheep a mob that was not your tap for example. Why is tech being wasted now that's already in game?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
These hotfixes are absolutely TERRIBLE. I understand immunities to taunts and knockbacks which will avoid a player resetting someone elses tags. At the same time, I found earlier that it was extremely easy to go blood spec and build enough threat to take aggro and reset it the same way, so this hotfix just made is SLIGHTLY harder to reset them.

At the same time, the immunities to stuns, slows, snares prevent people like myself from soloing on hunter alts, which again I could understand if they were meant to be group mobs, and not meant to be soloed.

But the interrupt immunity is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Not being able to interrupt the fear effect makes it so that you're tank loses half his health during the 7 second (which is a very long stun as is) fear, and if he comes out near a Vengeful Spirit, he dies.

What I'm saying is, if you wanna make them require a group, or not able to be reset, that's one thing, but allowing them to be interrupted would not affect either of those things.

People also need to stop whining about their warbringers getting reset. It happens to everyone. I reset warbringers and have had them reset. Deal with it, move on to the next spawn or try to reset the group that reset yours.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Ok, here is clarification from Lead Encounter Designer Ion Hazzikostas (Watcher) regarding the change to Zandalari Warbringers.

Yes, it’s intentional. Zandalari Warscouts are supposed to be difficult solo encounters; you can use various control mechanics on them.

Zandalari Warbringers, however, are designed for groups of players. They’re immune to snares and other control effects for the same reason that most 5-player dungeon bosses are: those effects would make the encounter easier than intended. Grab some friends, or invite the people camping the spawn to join your group, and you should be just fine.

In summary, it is dangerous to go alone. Bringing friends should make taking down a Warbringer much more manageable.
Edited by Rygarius on 3/20/2013 1:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
Nobody wants to be friends. It's all greed for what will drop. I've been treated very rudely by my own faction.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Ok, here is clarification from Lead Encounter Designer Ion Hazzikostas (Watcher) regarding the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8953693/#mar19_creatures"]change to Zandalari Warbringers[/url].

Yes, it’s intentional. Zandalari Warscouts are supposed to be difficult solo encounters; you can use various control mechanics on them.

Zandalari Warbringers, however, are designed for groups of players. They’re immune to snares and other control effects for the same reason that most 5-player dungeon bosses are: those effects would make the encounter easier than intended. Grab some friends, or invite the people camping the spawn to join your group, and you should be just fine.

In summary, it is dangerous to go alone. Bringing friends should make taking down a Warbringer much more manageable.

Makes perfect sense to me. Scouts can be a pain, but still relatively easy to solo if you don't get sloppy.

Warbringers definitely seemed to be way too easy and farmable. When I saw people camping and soloing them, it was a bit much.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
Rygarius, that makes no sense for the fear though. unless by group they mandate one of your players can battle rez when you are feared into something that kills you near instantly. The fear needs to be interrupted. Horrific Vissage is the main problem. It's now non interruptable and it's like a 10 second fear. you can get your tank feared into a spirit which melees for half of their health while the warbringer is taking rest of health hitting tank in back. Vissage is a mechanic that feels very clearly designed as one you MUST interrupt not to wipe, and now we can't.

I can understand the kite changes completely though. I'm ok with no stuns or slows.
Edited by Omegal on 3/20/2013 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Nobody wants to be friends. It's all greed for what will drop. I've been treated very rudely by my own faction.

That's more of a symptom of what society and this gaming community has turned into. People expect instant gratification without working with others. They also don't expect to be held accountable for their actions - which has been exacerbated since LFG arrived.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you Blizzard for listening to the cry hard casuals....
AGAIN!
closer and closer does this game seem less of a good time, and makes me wanna stop playing it.
I solo'd warbringers on my Warlock, which now i cannot... as my pets taunt does not work, it would take on avg atleast 20 minutes to even do this because of my slowed dps so my pet can take aggro...
Do what a few posts ahead of me said, TARGET IS TAPPED CANT USE ABILITY, that easy.
but you wanna try to one up it, as usual, and mess up the game.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Zandalari Warscouts are supposed to be difficult solo encounters; you can use various control mechanics on them.

Zandalari Warbringers, however, are designed for groups of players.

I hate to say it, but it feels like the scouts are pushovers, and the Warbringers (even in their modified form) are the difficult solo encounters. Admittedly, I did chew through most of the Brawler's Guild in about a week after getting an invite, so I suppose I'm at the edge of the bell curve.

But if the aim is to totally prevent soloing, their movement speed needs to be buffed by about 50% to prevent speed-boosted kiting, and their damage output has to be raised by, likely, a similar amount (~50%) to prevent tank soloing. But then that might put them out of reach of some random five-player groups.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Rygarius, that makes no sense for the fear though. unless by group they mandate one of your players can battle rez when you are feared into something that kills you near instantly. The fear needs to be interrupted. Horrific Vissage is the main problem. It's now non interruptable and it's like a 10 second fear. you can get your tank feared into a spirit which melees for half of their health while the warbringer is taking rest of health hitting tank in back. Vissage is a mechanic that feels very clearly designed as one you MUST interrupt not to wipe, and now we can't.

I can understand the kite changes completely though. I'm ok with no stuns or slows.

Omega, damnit, you beat me to it.

Rygarius & Watcher, you haven't answered the most important question. Why is Horrific Visage no longer interruptable?

We agree, I think that (most) intelligent players agree with you that the Warbringers should require a group, and we are in support of these changes. But the interrupt on Horrific Visage is the problem. This ability seems like it is designed to be interrupted by a competent group. Even while attacking this as a group, as intended, I cannot imagine it is fun to force players into a fear that can only be broken by certain classes or races. Is this fixed or is the interrupt on this still impossible?
Edited by Anafielle on 3/20/2013 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
71 Human Warlock
Did their damage output also get buffed? I was on my DK tank trying to solo one just now and got wrecked at 50%. Before this I've never had trouble soloing them before, even when not interrupting fears. Their damage output definitely seems higher than it was before. Oh well, I'll continue attempting until I find a way. Over 200 kills, 4 mount drops, 0 winning rolls, I'm through with groups for these guys.

I noticed this as well. They do seem to be putting out a little bit more than before. You can still ge them down though. AMS blocks fear, as does desecrated ground, and lich. D&D still slows the sprits down as well. Takes about five minutes longer now, but solo is still there.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Monk
Ok, here is clarification from Lead Encounter Designer Ion Hazzikostas (Watcher) regarding the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8953693/#mar19_creatures"]change to Zandalari Warbringers[/url].

>only tanks and warlocks should be able to solo Warbringers

good thing i'm one of those

and i'm guessing there will be no punishment coming for the people who were harassing so many of us before the taunt immunity.

GG
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Thank you for the response on the intention of these mobs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]