Make Zandalari Warbringers Taunt Immune

90 Blood Elf Mage
Good thing I have a warrior and will be able to farm these solo, non-stop while the other inferior DPS classes scramble to find a group.
Reply Quote
98 Worgen Mage
Ok, here is clarification from Lead Encounter Designer Ion Hazzikostas (Watcher) regarding the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8953693/#mar19_creatures"]change to Zandalari Warbringers[/url].

Yes, it’s intentional. Zandalari Warscouts are supposed to be difficult solo encounters; you can use various control mechanics on them.

Zandalari Warbringers, however, are designed for groups of players. They’re immune to snares and other control effects for the same reason that most 5-player dungeon bosses are: those effects would make the encounter easier than intended. Grab some friends, or invite the people camping the spawn to join your group, and you should be just fine.

In summary, it is dangerous to go alone. Bringing friends should make taking down a Warbringer much more manageable.

A few specs can still solo them. Don't think that DK is going to bother grouping with anyone if he knows he can do it solo, if you see where I'm coming from with that. Though if it's a group vs one guy trying to solo, I suppose they can AOE the spot.

Thanks for the response. :)
Edited by Digerati on 3/20/2013 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Well now that we know they aren't supposed to soloable, hows about we get an enrage timer of some sorts to prevent tanks and possibly hunters from doing so?
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Warlock
Rygarius, that makes no sense for the fear though. unless by group they mandate one of your players can battle rez when you are feared into something that kills you near instantly. The fear needs to be interrupted. Horrific Vissage is the main problem. It's now non interruptable and it's like a 10 second fear. you can get your tank feared into a spirit which melees for half of their health while the warbringer is taking rest of health hitting tank in back. Vissage is a mechanic that feels very clearly designed as one you MUST interrupt not to wipe, and now we can't.

I can understand the kite changes completely though. I'm ok with no stuns or slows.

I strongly agree with this.
Reply Quote
98 Worgen Mage
Well now that we know they aren't supposed to soloable, hows about we get an enrage timer of some sorts to prevent tanks and possibly hunters from doing so?

Prob a good way to approach it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
My goodness, group content is so controversial.

It's almost like this is an MMO or something!

Nobody got time for dat. Friends are a thing of the past... Soloing everything meant for more people is the future... a cold dark future where we all sit alone in dark basements... Playing with... ourselves. (ok that came out wrong)

Either way, I didn't taunt, or interrupt, or any of that useless crap before this change.
Just walk slowly away from the ghosties. AoE the bugs. Dont stand in meteors or purple death, and make sure you are near his spawn when he fears you, or better yet... use a pvp trinket to break the fear. Massively Soloplayer Online Role Playing Game.

Lots of people all playing the same game not interacting with each other in any way other than to brag and gank. Look at my l33t moves you n00bz, im loggin on my horde character to kill you nowz, LAWLS! ... Its the future I'm telling you. We all hate each other anyways, you all know its true.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Screw it, just turn world of warcraft into a single player game. Tired of all this group activity things outside of raid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Ok, here is clarification from Lead Encounter Designer Ion Hazzikostas (Watcher) regarding the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8953693/#mar19_creatures"]change to Zandalari Warbringers[/url].

Yes, it’s intentional. Zandalari Warscouts are supposed to be difficult solo encounters; you can use various control mechanics on them.

Zandalari Warbringers, however, are designed for groups of players. They’re immune to snares and other control effects for the same reason that most 5-player dungeon bosses are: those effects would make the encounter easier than intended. Grab some friends, or invite the people camping the spawn to join your group, and you should be just fine.

In summary, it is dangerous to go alone. Bringing friends should make taking down a Warbringer much more manageable.

Sounds good, when can we expect buffed dmg output and/or debuff to self-heals to keep this from being an exclusive farm for tank classes?
Edited by Spechunt on 3/20/2013 5:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Worgen Warlock

Grab some friends, or invite the people camping the spawn to join your group, and you should be just fine.

That's fine and all, except that most tank specs can still solo it. All this change accomplishes is telling all the non-tank specs that their solo methods are wrong and if you can't take the hits, you gotta find someone who can.

I went from being able to solo (difficult) or two to three man it with nothing but dps (easier) to begging tanks from my guild to come with me to camp the things (nigh impossible).

Thanks, Watcher.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Yep. Went from most classes with kiting skill being able to solo to only a few certain specs like blood DKs. Why not give them an enrage mechanic to make tanks unable to solo? It would even the playing field.

As of now the only one I can reliably solo is the one in Dread Wastes thanks to Speed King. I suppose I could do the others, but the margin for error would be practically non-existent. Not to mention dealing with other mobs, players, etc....and it's literally impossible if they have the fear ability.
Edited by Behemot on 3/20/2013 5:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Was making Horrific Visage uninterruptabale also intended?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yep. Went from most classes with kiting skill being able to solo to only a few certain specs like blood DKs. Why not give them an enrage mechanic to make tanks unable to solo? It would even the playing field.

And before the "lolhunter" comments, I used a tank pet, glyphs for max healing, and mend pet up at all times, and the pet could barely survive more than 30 seconds. So I don't know what the trick is.

I think the trick would be to stop crying about a tanking class with self heals soloing elites that "might" require a group. Enrage timers serve a purpose in current raids - this is just world mobs.
Edited by Nightsbane on 3/20/2013 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
I would have no problem if they were like this in the first place. But when something is specifically hotfixed to prevent soloing, then the prevention should be for everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Welcome everyone to the school of Blizzard kneejerk game-design.

Today, we will be teaching you how to hotfix an encounter so that it cannot be soloed anymore! (Except by DK's, Hunters, and Warriors. LOL @ you other classes)

We will also be teaching you how to give a mob a fear that lasts long enough to cause the tank to be feared out into the evade-leashing zone so that groups can waste 10 minutes of their time and subsequently lose their tag to another group.

Sound crazy? Don't worry! We know what we're doing! (When we spend more than 20 minutes making a decision)
Reply Quote
77 Draenei Death Knight

Sounds good, when can we expect buffed dmg output and/or debuff to self-heals to keep this from being an exclusive farm for tank classes?

Alpha Male-like mechanic, healing debuff that needs to be dispelled by a healer and an enrage timer to require DPS. Possibly a "spread between party members" damage output to require more bodies.

If it's "like a boss" then it needs to BE a boss. Don't only make it somewhat of a boss just so more classes can't solo it. Make it so NO ONE can solo it or let skilled players solo it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I would have no problem if they were like this in the first place. But when something is specifically hotfixed to prevent soloing, then the prevention should be for everyone.

They were too easy before and griefers ruined it for everyone so everyone has to suffer. The only change I'd make would be is to make their fear interruptable or at least make you run around in circles while feared so you don't reset them due to the small leash.

If I actually had it my way the mobs would be faction tagged and everyone would receive their own individual loot.
Edited by Nightsbane on 3/20/2013 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage

Alpha Male-like mechanic, healing debuff that needs to be dispelled by a healer and an enrage timer to require DPS. Possibly a "spread between party members" damage output to require more bodies.

If it's "like a boss" then it needs to BE a boss. Don't only make it somewhat of a boss just so more classes can't solo it. Make it so NO ONE can solo it or let skilled players solo it.

Well if you are referring to skilled players, then allow anyone the ability to have a chance at soloing it. Every class..

JUst make it so that only the group/people/person who has the tag is the only one allowed to deal damage/taunt/or whatever to the warbringer.
Edited by Ãshës on 3/20/2013 6:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Bring a friend with a dispel magic ability to counter Horrific Visage's fear effect.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
03/20/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Rygarius

Bring a friend with a dispel magic ability to counter Horrific Visage's fear effect.

Blue shows up stating it's intentional. I give up. Thank you for the clarification though.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Mage
03/20/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Rygarius

Again i'll ask do you guys have any plans on making this completely unsoloable? Cause currently some classes can still solo them which isn't really fair to the classes that got screwed with the hotfix.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]