Restoration Shaman Glyphs

90 Tauren Shaman
Right now, I have Riptide and Telluric Currents. I'm not liking Riptide so much. No CD on the spell is nice, but I don't feel it's doing enough healing for its mana cost. Would it be a good idea to replace Riptide with Chaining, so I'll have slightly better AoE heals?

What are the recommended glyphs for MoP normals, MoP heroics, and LFR?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Glyph of TOtemic Recall is real good. Basically makes HST free. Takes some practice but it is the only glyph that i never swap out. Also at lower levels Glyph of HW is pretty good when mana is tight.
Reply Quote
I'd go...

-Totemic recall. The mana regen from this is insane.

-Healing wave. When not a lot is goin on and you find yourself spamming healing wave just for somthing to do, this might net you extra healing if you arent completely topped up. This can easily be swapped out for glyph of telluric currents though.

-Chaining. Chain heal is not really that great a spell (see the huge thread on how resto shamans are bad this tier), but using this glyph you at least guarantee that 4 people will be hit. In 5 mans, and even LFR this can be an issue because people never stack up correctly. You can also get a nice "rotation" going of riptide -> healing wave -> healing wave -> chain heal to keep tidal waves up 100% of the time.
Edited by Bipst on 3/18/2013 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Totemic Recall is as close as mandatory comes for us, for glyphs in MoP. While you may not *need* it at lvl 57, I'd point out that it is incredibly advantageous to become comfortable with the practice early on. Believe me, the last thing you want to have to learn to do when mana becomes an issue for you is get into the habit of timing the totem yank. There's a good window for it to be done in, but I can guarantee you if you leave it until you start to get to be pressed for mana, you'll already be panicked/stressed/preoccupied with trying to heal and adding another "new thing to remember" into the mix will be annoying/stressful.

Another solid glyph for leveling is Healing Wave. It's a solid choice for many end-game situations, too.

Pretty much every other glyph out there can be swapped in/out depending on the situation. Chaining tends to be important in many 5man/10man situations where "player density" across a room may not meet the 12.5 yard jump range.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
The only reason to glyph Riptide is if:

1) You have unlimited mana, or the only healing-intensive part is when you have unlimited mana
2) You need 100% TW uptime for... something.

This is pretty much never, especially #1, so yeah, you're almost never going to glyph Riptide. No situations in T14 at all demand it, and no situations in T15 so far have demanded it.

(no, being able to spam the HoT is not a reason to glyph Riptide)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
-Chaining. Chain heal is not really that great a spell (see the huge thread on how resto shamans are bad this tier), but using this glyph you at least guarantee that 4 people will be hit

Far from it, Chain heal still has huge flaws with how the spell functions, the range is not even close to everything wrong with the spell.

Your other two glyphs are correct, for the third I would recommend HST/TC/WS all dependent on the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Do you actually us TC sometimes then Sensations?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
Do you actually us TC sometimes then Sensations?

I did use it on a couple of fights in T14, but it's more for a small mana gain when there is nothing to heal(Which came with healing with a Disc priest). For this tier I can't see a fight where it'll be used effectively, but the last slot is really open to interpretation. I do personally use HST more than TC/WS though, way way more lol.
Edited by Sensations on 3/18/2013 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Thank god you un-transmogged that ugly challenge mode helm

<3 Sensations
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Right now, I have Riptide and Telluric Currents. I'm not liking Riptide so much. No CD on the spell is nice, but I don't feel it's doing enough healing for its mana cost. Would it be a good idea to replace Riptide with Chaining, so I'll have slightly better AoE heals?

What are the recommended glyphs for MoP normals, MoP heroics, and LFR?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en-us/forum/topic/8177778099

will tell you everything you want to know. Includes recommended glyphs- none of them are mandatory.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me out. :)

Totemic Recall is as close as mandatory comes for us, for glyphs in MoP. While you may not *need* it at lvl 57, I'd point out that it is incredibly advantageous to become comfortable with the practice early on.

I may swap out Riptide for Totem Recall, then. Mana regen is still ridiculous at level 62, but I don't want to get caught unprepared once my mana regen naturally slows down. (I believe that happens around level 80-85?)

03/18/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Kangamooster
This is pretty much never, especially #1, so yeah, you're almost never going to glyph Riptide.

I've only taken advantage of the glyph once, to spread HoTs over my group; I would've been better off using CH. I only glyphed it in the first place because Noxxic lists Riptide as required, and Icy Veins claims its a mandatory glyph.

Another solid glyph for leveling is Healing Wave. It's a solid choice for many end-game situations, too.

I think I'll end up replacing Riptide with Totemic Recall, keep Telluric Currents for now, and grab Healing Wave. I may use Chaining at end game, but with crazy mana regen at lower levels, I get better results from spamming emergency heals across the party rather than using AoE heals.

will tell you everything you want to know. Includes recommended glyphs- none of them are mandatory.

Thanks for the link! You did a great job of conveying healer and Shaman concepts in a manner that newbies could understand. Sticky requested and thread bookmarked.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
i'd highly suggest using HST as there is quite a bit of "sporadic" raid damage this tier that is magical and will be reduced from the glyph... all our glyphs are extremely underwhelming though so don't expect to be wow'd.

i do personally prefer to use TC because honestly... the only time i really have mana trouble is if i die to something dumb and have to reinc. In cases like this, I find that weaving TC helps me maintain better with low mana, or to burst my mana up over a medium-lull where i can lean on other healers and not have my brez go to waste bc i'm oom.

I also (as healing lead and maybe thats just an excuse i dunno) have so much else going on, making raid calls, CDs, watching for certain abilities, positioning the raid.. and healing... that totemic recall just seems too hard to micromanage. I like that TC I can use when I want to and never have to (and never feel obligated to) when its not convenient.

I also think SWG might be a little more valuable this tier given all of the high movement... i dunno just some ideas for glyphs.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yeah, I swap SWG in and out here and there as we work on ToT fights. Not sure how often I'm actually making use out of the extra 5 sec, but it's certainly a nice "cushion" to have a few extra seconds of healing on the move. Our dps isn't burning the whirling turtles down fast enough on Tortos (like, really, it's embarrassing) so I *know* I have to heal a lot more on the move atm than I will eventually have to, when we get closer to a kill...

/migraine

OP: I'm not a big fan at all of Noxxic, or Ivy-Veins' class guides, for the healers I play. I wouldn't presume to say "their class guides are bad and anyone who reads them is bad" because I am *far* from an expert on all classes & specs in the game, but... yeah. Haven't been a fan for the toons I *do* raid on, though my guild usually reaches for Icy Veins first for fight strats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]