Race Class Restrictions (Yes again)

(Locked)

90 Tauren Death Knight
I want to discuss the removal of race class restrictions again because every thread I read about this seems to fail to understand the point.

The main point I see argued against it is that is makes no sense based on lore and would break the immersion of the game. I understand this point and on an RP server this can make a huge difference. However, playing with current race classes does not prevent people from breaking immersion. I can make a green tauren wearing a dress named !@#$les worth dance for money in town without anyone even caring. For that situation it is up to responsible players to not break the fantasy world around them. If I can make that tauren then I don't see a problem with a tauren warlock.

As it stand not all of the current combinations make sense lorewise:
Forsaken Holy Priest - Debatable but at the very least they should be harmed by the light that they use
Draenei Death knight - A stretch with what should be a really low population
Draenei Shadow Priest - This should go against everything their race stands for
Foresaken Hunter - I can allow them taming undead things but living animals would not befriend rotting corpses
Human Death knight - Why is this not just Forsaken? I guess just to be fair to the humans.
There are others but you get the idea.

Some race/class combinations that make more sense:
Forsaken Paladin - These are running around everywhere in Icecrown and they even cast avengers shield
Night Elf Paladin - Same reason we have Tauren paladins. Moonwalkers anyone?
Blood Elf Druid - Lore supports this as savagekin
Tauren Mage - Because Taurens are magical
Worgen Paladin - Really strange to me that they couldn't be one if Belfs or Scarlet Crusade can

Besides all that clearly has to be done is for lore to be made up that makes it work like with the other new combinations. The races and classes have been fighting along side each other long enough for the knowledge to spread around each race.

For everyone who says no I don't want this I say to you don't play these combinations then and don't friend people that do. Basically you are saying since you don't want it then no one else should be able to have it. Set up a strict RP guild and don't allow certain races in.
45 Gnome Warlock
Forsaken Holy Priest - Debatable but at the very least they should be harmed by the light that they use

Game mechanic. In lore, they dont exist.

Same reason every other race can be. They were around when Arthas was raising people. Player population does not equal lore population.

See Forsaken holy priest

Foresaken Hunter - I can allow them taming undead things but living animals would not befriend rotting corpses

I actually agree with this one.

Human Death knight - Why is this not just Forsaken? I guess just to be fair to the humans.

There is a difference between Forsaken and Death Knights. Dont be dense.

Forsaken Paladin - These are running around everywhere in Icecrown and they even cast avengers shield

I dont know what's up with those mobs because Paladins are immune to curses like that. Plus the Light isnt nice to undead.

Lore wise, that's what Night Elf Priests are.

Blood Elves are mutated Night Elves that took off before Druidism took hold. Their whole culture is based on arcane over nature magic.

Gonna be honest, dont have anything for this one.

Worgen Paladin - Really strange to me that they couldn't be one if Belfs or Scarlet Crusade can

Again, Paladins are immune to these curses.
90 Human Warrior
I agree with you on most of this except a few points.

1. Forsaken Paladin. Just no.

2. Night Elf and Worgen paladins I could easily see having an elune cult. That would be really frikin cool in my opinion (and has far more lore to support it than sunwalkers Elune/gilnean cathedral and so forth).

2. Tauren mages I could see if they were frost or fire spec, being elementalists. But not arcane.

3. Humans should def be dks. Considering the first one was human, and many are human
90 Orc Mage
I want to discuss the removal of race class restrictions again because every thread I read about this seems to fail to understand the point.

The main point I see argued against it is that is makes no sense based on lore and would break the immersion of the game. I understand this point and on an RP server this can make a huge difference. However, playing with current race classes does not prevent people from breaking immersion. I can make a green tauren wearing a dress named !@#$les worth dance for money in town without anyone even caring. For that situation it is up to responsible players to not break the fantasy world around them. If I can make that tauren then I don't see a problem with a tauren warlock.

As it stand not all of the current combinations make sense lorewise:
There are others but you get the idea.

Some race/class combinations that make more sense:

Besides all that clearly has to be done is for lore to be made up that makes it work like with the other new combinations. The races and classes have been fighting along side each other long enough for the knowledge to spread around each race.

For everyone who says no I don't want this I say to you don't play these combinations then and don't friend people that do. Basically you are saying since you don't want it then no one else should be able to have it. Set up a strict RP guild and don't allow certain races in.

Were... you dropped?
Arthas. Was a Human Death Knight. The Undead are long-dead corpses that have rotted. Death Knights - are slain combatants brought back to life in their original forms before much rot could happen. Happened to some poor Forsaken more than once.

Draenei Death Knight: Draenei were around at the time of the expansion. Populous race.

Draenei Shadow Priest: Depends - not everyone is the same.

Forsaken Hunter: I agree.

Forsaken Holy Priest: No. Just. No. Think what that would do game-mechanic wise.

Your making sense ideas:
1. No. Forsaken -Sylvanas's Forsaken- have FORSAKEN the Light. Cult of the Forgotten Shadow.
2. Possibly, but no. They Worship Elune, and thus, would derive their powers from her.
3. ... They -desecrate- nature.
4. No, they aren't a magical people. They are a -spiritual-. Big difference.
5. If they were Paladins - the curse wouldn't exist. Light does not allow poisons, diseases, etc. to work on Paladins. Why do you think they were used to combat the plague?
Those skeletons for the record don't use holy abilities. They use unholy ones..

Avengers Shield isn't necessarily tied to holy or unholy so the name doesn't change, but they also use Unholy Light and Hammer of Injustice, not their paladin counterparts.

Also Forsaken death knights is a topic that has been beaten to death, reanimated, then beaten again. Bury it and leave it alone, it's not happening.
Well, I'll be frank with you.

It is Blizzard's game. They can do what they please to it.

However, they must live inside the lore they created. Clearly, some points, I can agree with as not being possible or ones that should be made possible.

-Foraken Hunters: No, don't see that occurring, but Blizzard did it anyhow.
-BE Druids: Lore supports them existing, and we even have mobs in certain dungeons.
-Worgen Paladins: They were human once; I would think this particular class would stay.
-Forsaken Paladin/Holy Priests: Lorewise, it is supported.

Now it is time for me to part ways from agreement to flat out saying I can't see this occurring.

-Tauren Mages: Tauren shun the Arcane. No one can change Tauren culture this drastically.

-Night Elf Paladins: They already exist, but you can't make them. We call them Priestesses of the Moon, part Hunter, part Priest. All awesome, but perhaps too much awesome for Blizzard to contemplate. (i.e. They might get it wrong, and we can't have that.)

Now for a little correcting of your Draenei points:

Shadow Priests could be Auchenai. They do exist. And Death Knights simply had to be worth note to the Lich King, regardless of race.
90 Tauren Death Knight
For draenei death knights, they were there at the start of Wotlk but not many during the time period when Death Knights were created.

What's to stop a Worgen from becoming a paladin after having the curse?

I agree on the Humans being DKs. I just don't see why they wouldn't join the Forsaken after being free of the Lich King.

There are Night Elf paladins in the lore as well.
90 Draenei Monk
For draenei death knights, they were there at the start of Wotlk but not many during the time period when Death Knights were created.

Player death knights were created between BC and WotLK.

Restrictions need to stay in place because things like undead druid or draenei warlock can not happen.
Edited by Lena on 3/19/2013 8:01 PM PDT
90 Worgen Druid

Source?
Troll Paladin Freethinkers, plz thanx.
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm sorry you seem to think that an RP game should ignore all the story that is the basis of it.
90 Troll Shaman

Just because people speed doesn't mean the speed limit should be abolished.

03/19/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Beefhulk
For everyone who says no I don't want this I say to you don't play these combinations then and don't friend people that do.

It doesn't matter if I never roll one or do my best to avoid them, if they're added to the game they're part of the world and will require the story to be changed to allow for them. In most cases, I don't want the story to change that way.
03/19/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Fangry

Source?

Agreed, I need to call him on this one.
90 Tauren Death Knight
http://www.wowpedia.org/Sentinels
90 Worgen Druid

...those aren't n'elf paladins.
They're the army force of Darnassus.
/facepalm
90 Blood Elf Priest

Sentinels are WARRIORS, not PALADINS.
I think he may be referring to the Priestesses of the Moon, who were holy warriors. Tyrande is one.

However they are essentially what the Clerics of Northshire were before they became paladins. Melee priests. Some wore armor, but for the most part they wear cloth robes.
Ugh....

Seriously. You need to read that page better. The only thing that comes close to a paladin is the PotM. Look that up instead. Then realize why we can't make them. Try even creating their skillset. It would be a plumber's nightmare.
90 Pandaren Priest
Priestess of the Moon are more of a cross between hunter and priest.
I think he may be referring to the Priestesses of the Moon, who were holy warriors. Tyrande is one.

However they are essentially what the Clerics of Northshire were before they became paladins. Melee priests. Some wore armor, but for the most part they wear cloth robes.

The PotM wore a mix of light mail, leather, and cloth, so that is another black mark against making a class like this.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]