Firelands all over again! (Holy Paladin)

90 Draenei Paladin
And so the experiment begins anew... :]

My first test run comes this Monday on our remaining normal mode encounters.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Keep up the good work Elo! <3

I'd like to see how it goes, it went well back then.
Edited by Qùess on 3/9/2013 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No more flying braids?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Awwwww yeah, Elo!

Read the title, then sloooooooowly moved my eyes over to see who the poster was, very excited to see your results =)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
No more flying braids?

Oh that's completely unrelated.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
What's going on in this thread?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
What's going on in this thread?
He's playing with a Crit/Mastery>Spirit>Haste build again.
Basically less capable of putting out as much HR's, but more capable of doing more healing with the HR's that do happen + everything else that gets casted. (I was totally on the lower-spirit bandwagon in t12 as a pally though I couldn't minimize spirit due to a lack of Sinestra trinket... on my pally)

Unlike Firelands, the synergy between Holy Radiance and Holy Shock/EF... I'm guessing it will be less dramatic. In Firelands, Holy Light did nearly (like 2/3rds) as much as Divine Light (after beacon), so getting extra spirit to get the 3x as much mana DL was over HL... just wasn't worth it. Now... I just don't think it'll be that good because HR not only does it's healing, but with 4pt14 it pretty much always gives you an effective daybreak and it gives a holy power. Basically, that mana cost difference buys you a much bigger increase than DL was over HL.

That being said... it should be interesting to see how it goes!

I'm considering doing a similar thing as a shaman. Shaman's are in the "firelands paladin" situation. Spending more mana to cast GHW/CH/HS over HW... provides minimal healing gains overall, so extra mana is mainly for the sake of intense tank healing. The only reason I have so much spirit is mana tide, I hate being a buff bot ):
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
interested to see how you do!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I think I'll be sticking with it this tier. It did better than expected given my current itemization.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think I'll be sticking with it this tier. It did better than expected given my current itemization.

I was thinking about trying this with my shaman though people would hate me because it would kill MTT. Didn't feel all that mana starved but then again this week was just normal where damage isn't all that bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Do you have any tips for transitioning to this kind of playstyle?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/12/2013 06:51 AMPosted by Sadiemay

I was thinking about trying this with my shaman though people would hate me because it would kill MTT. Didn't feel all that mana starved but then again this week was just normal where damage isn't all that bad.

Why would it kill MTT?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
MTT is based off the shamans spirit IIRC, so if the shammy drops a ton of spirit for crit based regen mechanics then other healers wont benefit as much
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So tried out this mastery crit build today and actually really enjoyed it. I basically used holy light instead of divine light most of the time and mana ended up feeling about the same as with spirit mastery. I will probably test it all this week and spend time to get more used to it before I make my judgement on it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]