New honor gear, no ilvl tier for bgs, = trash

90 Human Rogue
It flat out encourages even more afk'ers, super undergeared players, etc.

I just want to have fun. Having trash on your team ruins more then just a couple players experience. Dang bliz I'd rather you put that gear on a vendor for a minimal investment. At least then I'd stand a better chance of playing with people who actually want to play.

I'd take longer que times if I know it will likely lead to a better pvp experience playing with ppl geared somewhat like me who likely want to win.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
It flat out encourages even more afk'ers, super undergeared players, etc.

I just want to have fun. Having trash on your team ruins more then just a couple players experience. Dang bliz I'd rather you put that gear on a vendor for a minimal investment. At least then I'd stand a better chance of playing with people who actually want to play.

I'd take longer que times if I know it will likely lead to a better pvp experience playing with ppl geared somewhat like me who likely want to win.

Blizzard has already attempted gear matching in BG's, it was a failure.

Next topic.
Reply Quote
12 Troll Rogue
You could, you know, acquire the gear before you step into BGs and avoid all this wasted forum space.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Next topic.

When? In theory it sounds good. What went wrong?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Probably que times went through the roof...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

Next topic.

When? In theory it sounds good. What went wrong?

In TBC or early Wrath, I forget exactly when.

The problem is that dividing up the queuing population does nothing but increase queue times. Increased queue times either deter people from queuing or incentivize them to run dungeons to exchange JP for Honor.

Either way, it was ridiculously long queues, and it didn't create any more balanced games.

People still get rolled, camped, farmed, blowed up, etc.

It sucks to be at a gear disadvantage, but it isn't as large a factor in blowout games as people like to make it out to be.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I know that gearing up a toon one has to take their lumps, what really discourages me is that although i was taking my lumps in the arena, and the bgs- now that I am geared i either have to keep running the bgs and trade out my gear and lose base stats, or be surpassed by a newbie in pvp power and in pvp resilience. the best thing i have seen yet is the fact that when i start pulling the new tyrannical gear im still going to lose pvp power and resilience. not sure why i have run so many bgs now.....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]