Execution Sentence vs Prism... PvP ?

100 Human Paladin
This is the approximate damage done by both Holy Prism and Execution Sentence.

Holy Prism : 16k + 140% Spell power
Execution Sentence: 13k + 600% Spell power

With all Strength Trinkets + Weapon(Dancing Steel) proc'ed Spell power is approximately 20k. Add wings + Inquisition. (I cant even be bothered adding guardian into this as well)

This equates to a non critical strike of:
-a prism of about 80k
-an Execution Sentence of 210k

Please discuss.
Edited by Charlìe on 3/11/2013 4:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Prism also heals, and can be used more often.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Additionally, Prism isn't an extremely backloaded DoT with a screaming "dispel me, please" graphic.
Edited by Ravicana on 3/11/2013 6:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Additionally, Prism isn't an extremely backloaded DoT with a screaming "dispel me, please" graphic.

lol, totally agree.

I almost feel bad eveytime I dispell Execution Sentence casted by an opponent... I feel like im cheating ! ;-)

Im not sure if he's like "oh well... maybe he wont see it again in 1 minute".
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Holy Prism is best for PvP.
I don't know why people won't accept the truth lol.
Reply Quote

Not if you're doing low rated 2v2s vs non-healer teams!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Not if you're doing low rated 2v2s vs non-healer teams!

Lol. This is true.

Too many people look at what is best with high end pvp and apply it to low end stuff.
Most of the time this is fine, but when you don't have to worry about people knowing how to dispel things, then often times some abilities are better.

Can't tell you how many times I've won a twos match on my war with a bloodbath reckstorm (which both Bladestorm and bloodbath are considered poor pvp abilities but are actually equal if not better when not countered)

Prism is by far better overall but where you don't have to worry about dispels etc, then ES has a place.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I dunno why the devs made ES dispellable. It's like they want Holy Prism to be our only tier 90 PvP option.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah never ever ever even considered ES for pvp. to slow. Dispellable. And way to obvious.

LH they tried to make attractive for pvp but a short snare is fail. And they even reduced the duration. Sorry blizzard gonna have to do harder than that.

So much for 'no coookie cutter' specs in MoP
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This equates to a non critical strike of:
-a prism of about 80k
-an Execution Sentence of 210k

Please discuss.

- Holy Prism has 1/3 the cooldown of Execution Sentence, so according to your mediocre worthy math, HP will do 240K damage per minute while ES will only do 210K.
- HP can get a Rogue/Druid out of Stealth, ES cannot (unless you get a target on them in which case Judgement would do just fine).
- HP can heal up to 5 allies when you use it on your kill target, ES can not.
- ES takes time to ramp up, HP does not.
- ES can be dispelled, HP can not.

Execution Sentence is better suited for Dragon-slaying where damage means everything and skill means nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Lights Hammer or gtfo
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Because ES is so much cooler looking.

But no I agree with you, Prism all the way.. I love hitting people for over 80k-100k+ with it while getting healed at the same time. (This being all CD's up)

I didn't wanna accept it either. I wanted to see a Hammer falling down on someones dome. Maybe one day... one day it will be buffed for PvP.
Edited by Buhbuhdin on 3/12/2013 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Execution Sentence is better suited for Dragon-slaying where damage means everything and skill means nothing.

This is a bit out there man. I'm neither an endgame raider, or high rated PvPer, but really, if we look at the mechanics of holy prism, the only reason we're all taking it is because it's the -safest- ability, not dispellable, not a slow ramp up time. I would argue that a large chunk of the skill in PvP has been removed from this expansion mainly because of abilities like Holy Prism. Everything is just about hitting hardest fastest and killing someone before they have a chance to kill you.

Either way, just because ES might be better for PvE, doesn't mean dragon-slaying takes no skill. I'd love to see you do 10 man normal or heroic and come out of it without a death. Feel free to link me a video of such a feat of yours.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I like Prism, it has nice range and helps give healers a little buffer.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
prism, all the way
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I used to use Execution Sentence but now I use Prism. ES can be dispelled/purged before the big heal/damage has the chance to tick, long CD. Prism is like an extra Holy Shock and it also gives you an AOE damage attack which you would otherwise lack.

If defending a flag, cast the Prism heal on yourself (or a friendly target near the flag) and the damage component will hit up to 5 enemy targets and interrupt their cap attempt.

Prism all the way.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
......again?

Hp hands downs. No contest.

The last thing pallies need is another buff/ability that screams, "look! Look at what i am doing! LOOK AT IT!!" and then gets you cc'ed and/or said ability dispelled.

Also lasers>hammers-_-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]