MW Stat Weight Test

100 Pandaren Monk
Whats up fellow healers. dont post here much but i know better than to post on the monk forums....soo full of qq's (hate qq). so as you can tell by my gear that my raid xp is about lower-middle of the pack. i do however want to do some testing and wanted to know if someone around my same gear level has done or thought of this as well. we only got through 2 bosses in tot last week <points finger at dps> and i noticed that all the sudden ReM and EM were my top two heals. first boss was easy as hell. ended fight with about 40% mana. Horridon was tougher..Dps had a hard time destroying adds fast enough. i ended that with 1%, but i entered the last phase with 30% or so and started to fistweave to take advantage of the dps boost. dont want to talk about our council attempts. anyways here is my question. i KNOW the current stat weights havent really changed from 5.1. SP-Haste 3146>crit over everything else. here is what i wanted to test. sp-9k>haste 6146>crit. I am only considering this becuase my top 3 sources of healing changed to spells that would get a boost from that next haste cap. I think 9k sp would be alright (considering only MW'ing) Thoughts, concerns.

ALso i am well aware of the math out there that supports the current SW's. i would however say that maybe...just maybe those change a bit considering healer comp ie lots of my crits were overhealed due to high absorbs..i heal with a disc and hpally.
Edited by Petenorth on 3/11/2013 5:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
The 6146 breakpoint for haste should be attainable in 5.2 gear, and with the 2piece bonus, ReM is going to be a very large chunk of your healing done every fight. I havent simmed it yet, but I think its definitely going to be worth shooting for.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Yea. thanks for the quick response. was able to reach the cap with my current gear. my big question was, is it worth sacrificing 1.5% crit and 1k spirit. i guess i can answer the spirit part for myself knowing how i consume my own mana. its the 1.5% crit i and a touch worried about loosing. i know crit is more of an MP5 stat and not much of a through put stat (knowing soo much of my cirts are overhealed) also i know that i wont have a problem generating 2 stacks of tea every 10 secs..seeing how much i use EM now.
Just wondering if anyone else has taken the haste gamble entering ToT. not mid tier
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Yeah, doing it going in im not too sure on. I'll try to sim it later today. As you get through the tier though, and especially once you have the 2pc, i feel much better about going after it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Yea. thanks for the quick response. was able to reach the cap with my current gear. my big question was, is it worth sacrificing 1.5% crit and 1k spirit. i guess i can answer the spirit part for myself knowing how i consume my own mana. its the 1.5% crit i and a touch worried about loosing. i know crit is more of an MP5 stat and not much of a through put stat (knowing soo much of my cirts are overhealed) also i know that i wont have a problem generating 2 stacks of tea every 10 secs..seeing how much i use EM now.
Just wondering if anyone else has taken the haste gamble entering ToT. not mid tier

I've been running at the 2nd tic of enveloping haste break point since 5.1 hit because in our particular set-up I spend a lot of time healing the tanks. Having low-ish crit (10% unbuffed) hasn't really caused a lot of mana issues except on fights where I need to push dps more to help with enrages or things go really sideways. Ymmv but I don't see any real issue (in theory, may take practice) with the idea.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
so after our run last night...i completely endorse the 6145 haste break point pre 2-pc. was actually really great. sacrificing crit and spirit for the haste made the healing smoother via more ticks from ReM and EM. so it gets my stamp of approval.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]