Interacting with NPCs not working properly.

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Same issue here, also account wide. I have to click them sometimes 7-8 times before the window shows up. Has happened since 5.2 patch. Wiped Cache and WTF and all addons and still does it. Sometimes the quest will open and pop back shut so fast .. its annoying and needs to be looked into.
9 Troll Warrior
Hi guys, crossposting here since this thread has more support and posts:

Some additional questions; can you try and remember if you have experienced this outside of Pandaria?

And have you ever experienced this with NPCs that are inside of instances? (such as questgivers at the start of a dungeon, and the like)

There are many posts from people here corroborating the experiences around Halfhill and other parts of Pandaria, but being able to isolate it to a specific continent would be valuable information.
90 Tauren Hunter
Hi guys, crossposting here since this thread has more support and posts:

Some additional questions; can you try and remember if you have experienced this outside of Pandaria?

And have you ever experienced this with NPCs that are inside of instances? (such as questgivers at the start of a dungeon, and the like)

There are many posts from people here corroborating the experiences around Halfhill and other parts of Pandaria, but being able to isolate it to a specific continent would be valuable information.

To your first question, yes, I am experiencing it on Kalimdor quest givers, in Azshara, for example.

To your second, no, I haven't inside instances.

And just now, I've experienced it with auctioneer Xifa in Orgrimmar... would wait to see if it was a lag issue, but no, had other players tell me about the same problem.

Sorry, I do find it hard to isolate the problem, seems to be happening on all continents, with pretty much every other npc, not just quest givers. Seems there is a nasty bug that forces the windows closed or something.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm having the same problem. I installed wow on a brand new computer and had no addons installed and wow was a fresh install. No matter where i went .. halfhill, vendors in org, quest givers in slave pens it would take clicking on the npc like 5-6 times to get her to open either to see quest or repair depending on the kind of npc it is .. and on a few times . it would open and close so fast i couldn't accept quest or repair. it all happened due at the patch 5.2. It does it on both computers still .. new one and my old laptop .. even after deleting the wtf and cache.
90 Worgen Hunter
Same here on all levels of toons.
I have a clean install & wiped all of my addons.
90 Pandaren Priest
I posted about this the same week 5.2 came out, it started with 5.2
Nothing on the player side can be done to fix it or even bypass it.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I've also been experiencing this since 5.2 dropped. It seems to only occur with NPC dialogue (IE quest givers) and not vendors. One of the early hotfix patches seemed to fix the issue but it was happening again after the next patch.

It seems to sometimes depend upon my position in relation to the NPC and which direction I'm facing, but it's difficult to replicate consistently.

Earlier I was testing it out on a quest giver and it would work properly so long as I was facing her, but facing away would cause the window to immediately close. However after moving around and returning, that's no longer the case.

It also seems to be more prevalant with NPCs that are performing an action (such as the NPCs holding maps) but I'm not sure if that's actually the case.
90 Tauren Warrior
Definitely only happens with quest givers and happens constantly.
90 Night Elf Druid
Same here. Game is unplayable.
I am having the same problem. It happens with quest givers and shopkeepers. It also happens on quest NPCs that I must open a dialogue with.
90 Pandaren Monk
Thought my mouse was dying and doubleclicking or something.

But this is exactly the problem I've been having pretty much since 5.2 dropped.
90 Night Elf Hunter
This is happening on all levels, horde or alliance. npcs just arent interacting on first response. it is quite frustrating. i'd really like to know if blizz realizes the problem and if they plan on fixing it soon.

it isnt just quest givers, happens on flight path npcs also from those that i've encountered
Edited by Sareen on 3/21/2013 1:37 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue
I have found that positioning your character right in front of the npc will actually alleviate the issue some. Just a work around until blizzard figures out what they did wrong. I personally think they shortend the range and distance at which the npc will interact with you.

Edit. Also to add, I believe that the issue may be directly linked to the area phasing and or crossrealm coding.
Edited by Viscera on 3/21/2013 1:41 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
same problema here...
Need to relog to solve. :(
Quality Assurance
We're currently researching this.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Having same issue with the dailies table for horde base on Thunder Isle.
90 Worgen Rogue
Hello all,

I have not extensively tested but this started happening to me as well after the latest patch. Today after a few days I was not able to obtain any daily quests at Halfhill market. I was able to interact with pure vendor NPCs.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]