Healing addon help

100 Pandaren Monk
I'm thinking of picking up a heal spec on this guy, and I was wondering what addons you guys would recommend. Specifically I'm looking for what would be a good raid frames addon for healing. Right now I use the Blizzard default, but it's lacking a few things like resizable health bars and showing how many stacks of a debuff there are. I would also take any suggestions of any other addons that you find make life easier as a healer. Thanks in advance. :)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
VuhDo and WeakAuras are my go-to healing addons. VuhDo is excellent as a raid-frame replacement and, should you choose to use it, it has built-in click-to-cast functionality. WeakAuras helps me track procs and stuff (mana tea stacks, Renewing Mists on people, etc.)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I personally don't use addons, I actually am using default raid frames, it has always shown me how many stacks of a debuff are on people, maybe you just need to tweak the settings.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I highly suggest Vuhdo. I LOVE it. :)
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
There are a few that all work very well. Be prepared for some setup and learning time though. Try queueing for a battle ground to test out your setup before doing a PvE raid.

I use healbot in conjunction with powerauras to keep track of cooldowns.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I personally don't use addons, I actually am using default raid frames, it has always shown me how many stacks of a debuff are on people, maybe you just need to tweak the settings.

Really? I had to do some dispelling on horridon as dps last week, and it definitely didn't show stacks. I wonder what setting changes that.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll have to check out vuhdo/healbot later. Weakauras seemed like you almost had to know a new scripting language to get it working when I looked at it before. Is that not true?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/13/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Stonebreath

Really? I had to do some dispelling on horridon as dps last week, and it definitely didn't show stacks. I wonder what setting changes that.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll have to check out vuhdo/healbot later. Weakauras seemed like you almost had to know a new scripting language to get it working when I looked at it before. Is that not true?

I have no idea, for all we know it could also be class that determines what is shown on top of your settings, I could be wrong though, I did use addons years ago and the one I used was healbot but this was like 3 years ago.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Weakauras seemed like you almost had to know a new scripting language to get it working when I looked at it before. Is that not true?

It looks a bit intimidating, but it's not so bad. If you want to get crazy fancy, then you need to really delve in, but I was able to set up a thingy so an image would pop up when I had <90% mana and >2 stacks of Mana Tea without much fuss at all.

You just need to look at the various options. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I highly suggest Vuhdo. I LOVE it. :)

Agreed :)

I used to heal with the default UI but felt it lacked more information that I wanted to see (even if you adjust the settings) plus didn't like how you were limited with positioning and resizing. I made the swap to VuhDo and recommend it :)

WeakAuras is a GREAT addon but yes it can be confusing. Generally though if there's a specific ability I'm wanting to keep track of you can google it and find the coding for it already :D (just search something like Weakauras addon mist weaver monk and you'll find something). Affinitii has a video with his import strings located here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B30Yywqd44U
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
VuhDo and WeakAuras are my go-to healing addons. VuhDo is excellent as a raid-frame replacement and, should you choose to use it, it has built-in click-to-cast functionality. WeakAuras helps me track procs and stuff (mana tea stacks, Renewing Mists on people, etc.)

This exactly.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I'm thinking of picking up a heal spec on this guy, and I was wondering what addons you guys would recommend. Specifically I'm looking for what would be a good raid frames addon for healing. Right now I use the Blizzard default, but it's lacking a few things like resizable health bars and showing how many stacks of a debuff there are. I would also take any suggestions of any other addons that you find make life easier as a healer. Thanks in advance. :)

I use the default Blizzard frames.

There are options to resize the health bars. Go to Game Menu -> Interface -> Raid Profiles and you will see a list of options. Near the bottom you will see "Frame Height" and "Frame Width" which adjustable sliders that you can tune to your liking.

Additionally there are two other selectable options, namely "Show Debuffs" and directly contingent upon this option you will see "Display Only Dispellable Debuffs," which will correctly display debuffs you can Dispel as well as how many stacks of said buff there are on the target. This will also filter out most other debuffs so you will be able to clearly tell when you can Dispel a target and when you cannot. The only things that will show up on a target's frame are your buffs and debuffs you can Dispel.

Personally I do not use any addons to help me heal beyond what I use for normal gameplay. I use Bartender and OmniCC to help me keep track of abilities while clearing up my UI, and TidePlates is very nice for me because I spend a good amount of my time looking at my surroundings and not at health bars.
Edited by Multicidez on 3/13/2013 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]