Best Weapon(s) and Attire to Kill Zombies

90 Undead Monk
I'm tired of seeing fails in zombie apocalypse movies and TV shows, and would really appreciate it if some enterprising director got creative in how survivors fight back against zombies instead of the cliche "Oh no a gurgling shuffling zombie managed to sneak up behind me and bite my hand and now I'm going to die and turn into one!"

So I was thinking instead of running around like idiots from mobs of very slow and nearly incapacitated zombies, survivors should go straight to like a Cabella's/Bass Pro Fishing shop (or even a Wal-Mart) and get themselves (if they don't already have them) something like Dickie's/Duluth's workwear (the coveralls would really be optimal IMO), steel toe boots, work gloves, and hockey goalie/baseball catcher masks. Basically this would give you total protection from human teeth (try to bite through some Duluth's fire hose attire...yeah NOT HAPPENING EVER), however zombie crazed they might be. So your only worry after that point is just being swarmed by like 10+, which shouldn't happen because you should be faster and smarter than a shuffling corpse.

Next, and up for debate, are weapons. I think the best, most reliable weapon would be melee, as you wouldn't run out of ammo or have jams or anything like that when you needed it most. I'd opt for something like a morning star that could crush and puncture a zombie head in one clean bash. I'd think with a setup like this it wouldn't be unreasonable for a lone person to easily take 20+ zombies in some ferocious melee killing spree. Would be a very refreshing change of pace from the typical "Run Away, Saves Yourselves! Derpfest."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Walking dead forums are over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Welcome to the World of Warcraft forum where your thread makes no sense.

You obviously weren't here for the scourge invasion, it's already happened in game, and can happen again.

And if that showed us anything, you could be infected through leather, mail, and plate armor that covers 100% of your body.... NOTHING can save you from zombies.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Walking dead forums are over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Welcome to the World of Warcraft forum where your thread makes no sense.

I don't want to talk with them, I want to talk with you.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
You can don all the cutsie I'll walking dead gear you want. If it's a fast running zombie (28 days later) you're sol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
People who think swords don't run out of ammunition are strangers to hard labor.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
If you want to get serious about zombie killing, you want something durable and low maintenance. You want something that you can easily disinfect and wash off and won’t hide little bits of infected flesh and bone.
I think the perfect low-tech mace would be comprised of galvanized pipe, preferably weighted with lead.
Stop by your nearest post-apocalyptic hardware store and pick up some ½” galvanized pipe:
http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/52-297-galvanized-pipe/galvanized-pipe-607641.aspx
Now, we want some hard, knobby protuberances to focus all the energy in a few small points on our undead friend’s skull. So at the end of the main length of pipe, add a coupling:
http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/52-331-galvanized-couplings-and-unions/galvanized-coupling-602776.aspx
Now, add more couplings, separated by what is referred to as a “nipple”. You want probably a 2” nipple to give some separation and “knobbiness” to the club:
http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/52-331-galvanized-nipples/galvanized-nipple-118190.aspx
I would recommend a total of 3-4 coupling. At the business end of the club, add one last nipple and cap it off with, well, a cap:
http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/52-331-black-iron-caps-and-plugs/black-cap-166264.aspx
Alternatively, if you want to get really medieval, you can opt for flanges rather than the couplings:
http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/52-331-black-iron-flanges.aspx
Now, we will use a cap on the handle end to finish things off, but before doing so, find a propane torch in the hardware store and look for fishing supplies. You will probably have to visit a sporting goods store. Find lead fishing weights. Use the propane torch and melt the fishing weights. Pour the liquid lead into the pipe so that it fills up the business end of the pipe, but not the handle. You want all the weight at the head. Finish by capping of the handle and allow to cool!
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
The most important part of preparing for a zombie apocalypse is cardio.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You wouldn't want a spiked or bladed weapon. Anything that could get stuck is a no-no.

As for clothing, it doesn't matter if they could physically puncture the clothing as much as if they could get to what's underneath. If you were wearing coveralls, they could theoretically break skin without breaking the material. If they then slobber through the material, you're toast. You could make some very effective body armor with just some PVC piping, a saw, some normal clothing, a sewing kit, and time. Home Depot or any kind of hardware store is your best bet.

Also remember that self damage is not a limiter to zombies. Since they wouldn't stop at the point of pain, their bite force and strength would surpass that of a normal person.
Reply Quote
6 Draenei Paladin
Read the book: Zombies and !@#$
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
And if that showed us anything, you could be infected through leather, mail, and plate armor that covers 100% of your body.... NOTHING can save you from zombies.

Staying logged out for the whole week saved me from zombies.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think the best weapon is a seven foot drop.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
For the sake of being on topic, we don't even know how zombies work. What proof do we have that zombies are slow and shuffle around?

The most important part of preparing for a zombie apocalypse is cardio.

This is the truth.

You wouldn't want a spiked or bladed weapon. Anything that could get stuck is a no-no.

This is generally correct. Assuming we can't kill zombies permanently, a blunt weapon to disable it's limbs is the best way to go about things. Blunt weapons also smash bones fairly effective, unlike swords, axes and the like. Firearms are generally worthless. Fire is also a useless weapon. I do not want a zombie on fire rushing to me. Explosives work great though.
Reply Quote
I'm tired of seeing zombie apocalypse movies and TV shows

Fixed for ya.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Best choice is obviously a jacket made of chainsaws.

Kill two birds with one stone, and a bazillion zombies with one jacket.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Probably a good time to live in the country and be trained pretty well with a bow and fletching.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
BFG is a good weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
As far as clothing goes, I doubt bite protection will be your biggest priority. If you have some 200+ pound thing biting, clawing, and flailing away at you, the joint dislocation or bone breaks it could cause would be just as fatal in that kind of situation.

Clothing will still depend on the climate you live in. Likely whatever keeps you warm and dry. Is easy to keep clean and repair. And allows for the most mobility while avoiding hostiles and gathering food or finding shelter.

In any event where the power grid is likely to go down, the elements are still probably one of the biggest threats to human survival. Even more so than walking corpses. Dressing to survive against biters doesn't matter much if you wind up dying from hypothermia.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]