25man normal tortos Snapping bite?

90 Night Elf Druid
Hello.

I have 72% physical reduction with buff's and my tank gear on.

Dungeon journal says Snapping bite should hit me for 682k

72% reduction on 682k is around 190k ...

I get hit for over 500K some hits, i had my savage defense up 100% of the snapping bite's, i dodged a few of them, but the one i got it, sometime was over 500k.

I am unable to understand why I get hit for 500k when my physical reduction is 72% full buffed.

It was just the hit from snapping bite, nothing else.

I tanked same boss in 10man normal, we wiped at 6% but, i remember that the snapping bite didnt hit me for more than 250k in 10man..

Hopefully someone will be able to explain to me how i am getting hit for 500k ? ( like if it ignored 80% of my armor?! )
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Not every physical attack is mitigated by armour.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
This fight was made for a Blood DK. I usually get hit for around 60-80k from it, and at the very most 150k ish as long as I time my Death Strikes properly.

As for why you are getting hit so hard, I have no idea. Sorry bud.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Brewmaster race
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
This fight was made for a Blood DK. I usually get hit for around 60-80k from it, and at the very most 150k ish as long as I time my Death Strikes properly.

Made for a blood DK? pshaw We set our Blood on the bats and SotR takes the bites like a champ.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Made for a blood DK? pshaw We set our Blood on the bats and SotR takes the bites like a champ.

We tried that on 10 man, but quickly determined there was no way in hell our Blood DK could pull the bats off me if they got to me(and they always go for me, cause tank self healing is the best threat mechanic in the history of the world), so he just brought in his hunter and I single tanked all of it. Honestly it made the whole fight several times easier.
Edited by Retsu on 3/13/2013 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Hopefully someone will be able to explain to me how i am getting hit for 500k ? ( like if it ignored 80% of my armor?! )

It goes through armor. Still reduced by the passive 12% damage reduction on Thick Hide though.

Make sure you have Savage Defense up for each one (kinda like Gara'jal), and FR whenever it hits you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We tried that on 10 man, but quickly determined there was no way in hell our Blood DK could pull the bats off me if they got to me(and they always go for me, cause tank self healing is the best threat mechanic in the history of the world), so he just brought in his hunter and I single tanked all of it. Honestly it made the whole fight several times easier.

This is what it looks like when I try that :)

[21:30:47.740] Vampiric Cave Bat hits Severen 92912
[21:30:47.740] Vampiric Cave Bat hits Severen 87185
[21:30:47.740] Vampiric Cave Bat hits Severen 86598
[21:30:47.740] Vampiric Cave Bat hits Severen 81862
[21:30:47.740] Vampiric Cave Bat hits Severen 69733
[21:30:47.740] Vampiric Cave Bat hits Severen 68893
[21:30:47.764] Severen Seal of Insight Severen +30332
[21:30:48.143] Severen dies
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
CTA
I like to two tank it for the sake of it being easier on the head.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
This is what it looks like when I try that :)
ShoR harder and make sure the bats don't hit you in the back

if you seriously had 6 straight hits in a row they were hitting your back
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

He should never let the bats get anywhere near you for starters, and after a couple bat waves he should have way more vengeance than you anyway, and won't have to worry anymore about someone pulling off him.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Brewmaster race

I lawl'd.

Paladins and Brewmasters are ideal, yeah.

Blood DKs aren't bad, but in terms of not causing healer heart attacks, it's better not to lose 65% of your health every ten seconds or so.

Poor Druids. Another mechanics where their mastery is garbage. Blizzard really needs to stop doing that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
He should never let the bats get anywhere near you for starters, and after a couple bat waves he should have way more vengeance than you anyway, and won't have to worry anymore about someone pulling off him.

We had that problem the first few pulls too. Our druid now eats one stalagmite (stalactite?) from the cave-in before the first wave of bats for a bit of vengeance, and never has a problem on subsequent waves. In fact, he topped the damage meter this week on that fight.
Reply Quote
Poor Druids. Another mechanics where their mastery is garbage. Blizzard really needs to stop doing that.

Not just mastery but almost the entire design of druid tanks being nullified as they're designed to rely on their superior armor when dodge fails. Leaving just 12% physical damage reduction when dodge fails.

I just don't understand why they would make a mechanic like that then have it hit for 886,600 on 25 man heroic. A druid would have to stack their health up to over 750-800k hp then heavily rely on absorb healing from another class. While every other tank class has a way to reduce that damage under typical health pools for their respective tank class.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
03/25/2013 03:51 AMPosted by Terrific

We had that problem the first few pulls too. Our druid now eats one stalagmite (stalactite?) from the cave-in before the first wave of bats for a bit of vengeance, and never has a problem on subsequent waves. In fact, he topped the damage meter this week on that fight.
Our blood DK tanks until the first bat wave then we taunt swap. I keep the boss the rest of the fight, he has vengeance for bats.

Vengeance is a silly mechanic.
Edited by Ussil on 3/26/2013 8:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Make your DK go DPS and have your Pally tank put on his healing seal. The bats go right to him, die in a couple of ticks of Consecrate and that throwy hammer thing and as an offtank, you feel utterly useless. :|
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Gemming stam.. soo many blue gems make my eyes hurt!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

With the amount of tank damage that's getting thrown around, I'm not so sure that gemming stamina is always a bad idea any more. For classes that can, through proper play, never take an unmitigated hit (monks, I'm looking at you) I could see never getting any stamina, but for the rest of us...?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Some boss abilities although physical damage ignore armor and look at just damage reduction effects (including passive damage reductions for being in bear/def stance/blood pres ect)

This is primarily done so that no one tank has a huge advantage over the other. As a druid we run stupid amounts of armor compared to the other tanks, and an ability like that would just be laughed at by druid tanks while dks would be freaking the hell out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/26/2013 05:49 PMPosted by Krinu

With the amount of tank damage that's getting thrown around, I'm not so sure that gemming stamina is always a bad idea any more. For classes that can, through proper play, never take an unmitigated hit (monks, I'm looking at you) I could see never getting any stamina, but for the rest of us...?

I tanked up to Durumu (raiding 6 hours a week) with only 540k HP. Including a solo tank Tortos kill.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0hjn4vqhi0ueqthf/sum/damageDone/?s=6826&e=7085#Vecks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]