Ret Profs

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey there, I'm a relatively new Paladin and am trying to figure out which professions I should go with that would best suit my DPS, and am looking for suggestions from seasoned Rets. I've heard that LW and Tailoring are best (in this sticky I believe) and then I've heard that Engineering is the best and Tailoring is the worst. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
BS/JC
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
BS/JC has always been and will always be a great combo for any class/spec but having done it for 1 expansion, I have to say that not having a gathering profession income(unless you have alts) does hurt your wallet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
JC ain't all that this time 'round because of secondary stat gems.

Tailoring is pretty good, I've heard, but I would never give up engineering's toys.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Engi is a must, the 1minute cooldown on Synapse Springs, is perfect for LH/ES since theyre also on 1min cd.
BS is second best imo, the extra 2 gem sockets is free 640haste
Tailoring iirc is also pretty good too
JC is trash
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Engi is a must, the 1minute cooldown on Synapse Springs, is perfect for LH/ES since theyre also on 1min cd.
BS is second best imo, the extra 2 gem sockets is free 640haste

I think that I'm going to go with this combo. What is best to bind to Synapse Springs? LH, as you said?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
LH or ES, yes; but macro it so that you trigger the Springs before LH/ES so that it receives the damage boost.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Engineering/BS is best.
Reply Quote
Engineering/Tailoring.

I'm better than all of you<3
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I think that I'm going to go with this combo. What is best to bind to Synapse Springs? LH, as you said?

#showtooltip
/use 10
/use [harm] Execution Sentence
/use Light's Hammer
/run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("ExSen", G"Execution Sentence" or G"Light's Hammer"

1 button so if you switch specs you don't have to drag out a dif macro. the [harm] makes ES only castable on enemy targets(I use Clique for mouseover binds, so if I need to use it for a heal I have a way)
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
BS and enchanting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]