Stat Priorities for Holy Paladins

90 Dwarf Warrior
Just noticing that there are other stat prioritiy approaches to Hpallys floating around. The most popular being based around stacking mastery, which is what I use and seems to be causing jealousy among other healing classes. I have also seen stat builds based around Haste as the stat to stack and also crit stacking. Ive yet to try Haste or Crit stacking. Anyone done so? Any other input?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Mastery. Critical strike builds are only viable at lower Spirit levels when used in conjunction with Glyph of Illumination. Once you get even a decent amount of Holy gear, you will want to stack Spirit and Mastery to kingdom come.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
My questions assummes your comfortable on Intellect and Spirit already. I personally stack Mastery after that, but have seen other build stacking crit or haste instead of mastery.
So instead of spirit>mastery>Haste>crit, they are saying you can go for spirit>Haste>Mastery>Crit or Spirit>Crit>Mastery>Haste depending on what the raid needs. Either Haste for quicker heals or Crit for bigger overall heals and crits proc other abilities.
Just something I seen. Not here to make a point either way. Sticking with Master myself.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
My questions assummes your comfortable on Intellect and Spirit already. I personally stack Mastery after that, but have seen other build stacking crit or haste instead of mastery.
So instead of spirit>mastery>Haste>crit, they are saying you can go for spirit>Haste>Mastery>Crit or Spirit>Crit>Mastery>Haste depending on what the raid needs. Either Haste for quicker heals or Crit for bigger overall heals and crits proc other abilities.
Just something I seen. Not here to make a point either way. Sticking with Master myself.

I don't know why they would. Critical Strike and Haste pale in comparison to Mastery for Holy Paladins.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Mastery itself is the most stable stat. It provides basically a flat healing increase and reliable throughput. Haste requires more spirit to be sustainable and crit is RNG so can screw you with a bad streak of noncrits.

Personally I think it's something along the lines of spirit>mastery>crit=haste where crit or haste can be prioritized over eaach other based upon playstyle or your cohealers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]