AMD Radeon HD 7660D (blurry hard to read text

90 Undead Warlock
This is the graphics card that came with my new computer (HP Pavilion p7-1430), just wondering if i should upgrade this for playing WoW. The game is running in High settings at the highest resolution and getting around 30-40fps but the text on nameplates is blurry and hard to read unless right in front of camera. Just wondering if a better graphics card would fix this
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Are you using MLAA form of anti-aliasing in Catalyst Control Center?

I also assume you are running the game in monitor's native resolution. That is to say, if monitor supports up to something like 1680x1050, then you have the game running in 1680x1050 resolution.
Edited by Kalganized on 3/14/2013 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Im running the game in 1920x1080 which is the recommended resolution for my monitor. As far as the MLAA in my CCC i dont know i messed with those settings last night it didnt seem to change anything but now my Catalyst Control Center wont open after updating to newest driver.....so now im trying to figure that out. From what im reading i was supposed to uninstall old driver first but i let windows update it automatically without uninstalling the old one first soooo
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't do it.

Use this tool first to uninstall:
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx

Then try reinstalling latest drivers:
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_13.2_Beta7.exe
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Ok got the drivers straightened out. Looking at my CCC i dont see anything that says MLAA.
Under Anti Aliasing method my options are Multisampling, Adaptive Multi sampling and Supersampling. Then i can also change the level from 2x-8xeq. I can turn on and off morphological filtering, and change standard and edge detect filters. Thats all i have for options.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The easiest way is to simply reset the settings to default / leave it at default.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
ok everything is back to default. Text is still blurry away from camera but i guess its really no big deal. I'm sure soon enuff i will get a new graphics card and give it a shot. I just assumed that an integrated card wasnt good for games like wow.....Thank you very much for your responses
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Are you running a vga cable or dvi? If possible, try a dvi cable.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Are you running a vga cable or dvi? If possible, try a dvi cable.

Also make sure you are running at your monitor's native resolution.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I bought a dvi/hdmi connector for the monitor. I've been using that since last night, its a little blurry still, but its better then what it was.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
When I first used my TV as my monitor text was super small. I Messed with the UI settings enlarging everything so I can better see things. So if your monitor just so happens to be a 40" TV you might want to try this out.

I know it is somewhere in WoW's settings, and I also had to do it within Windows as well.
Edited by Redupilous on 3/17/2013 2:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Morphological filtering is the culprit. At least, it was for me!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]