No Guardian Elixir for healer?

90 Human Paladin
Title say all!

I was looking to use Zen Elixir (since it give mastery and I prefer it over spirit and Intellect) and find there was now valuable guardian elixir to use... If I am not wrong, Spirit Elixir used to be guardian elixir while Intellect and mastery used to be battle. Now they are all battle elixir, leaving us choice between armor and dodge.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
They want you to use flasks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For what reason?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
You should be using the int flask. I don't remember elixirs working like that (with spirit being guardian) unless that was a really long time ago...

Also, pssst, use your profession bonuses! Check your armory audit. :p
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I should probably be using intellect flask, but I value mastery over intellect, I find that my spell benefit more of a 2 % increase in mastery instead of 1%-1.5% increase in heal.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I should probably be using intellect flask, but I value mastery over intellect, I find that my spell benefit more of a 2 % increase in mastery instead of 1%-1.5% increase in heal.

Intellect is going to end up just flat-out better for you than a tiny bit of Mastery. There's kind of no way that 750 Mastery is going to be better than 1000 Intellect.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There's kind of no way that 750 Mastery is going to be better than 1000 Intellect.

As I said, I find for myself that mastery is more valuable than intellect. I don't say that is the case for everyone, or that you should all go mastery and forget intellect. I simply found that at my spirit level, and intellect level that I preferred to go mastery until I don't need anymore mastery.

By the way, this topic wasen't about if I should or shouldn't go for a mastery elixir or intellect flask. It was about not having any choice as healer for a guardian elixir.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/16/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Littlexheal
There's kind of no way that 750 Mastery is going to be better than 1000 Intellect.

As I said, I find for myself that mastery is more valuable than intellect. I don't say that is the case for everyone, or that you should all go mastery and forget intellect. I simply found that at my spirit level, and intellect level that I preferred to go mastery until I don't need anymore mastery.

By the way, this topic wasen't about if I should or shouldn't go for a mastery elixir or intellect flask. It was about not having any choice as healer for a guardian elixir.

That was kind of already answered...they want you to use Flasks.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
this topic wasen't about if I should or shouldn't go for a mastery elixir or intellect flask. It was about not having any choice as healer for a guardian elixir.

Choice is an illusion where performance is concerned.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Battle elixirs are output related and guardian elixirs are defensive. While spirit is not a direct output increase, its still closer to that than being a defensive stat. They greatly increased the amount of stats that elixirs give (nearly equal to a flask) as compensation for the fact that both of them won't be terribly useful (and the useful one still isn't your primary stat)

Tanks are really the only people that might consider elixirs over flasks since they get benefit from both battle and guardian elixirs. Even then, not many do that. And I prefer it that way. Much easier to maintain flasks than to drink two elixirs every death.

That said, it may be good to carve out a niche for elixirs other than "Well I made some to level alchemy." I don't know of many people that use elixirs other than to get rid of ones that happen to find their way into their inventory, other than the odd tank. Not sure what that would be. Maybe flasks and elixirs would provide the same buffs, the only difference being material costs and persisting through death. Not terribly interesting though, maybe a better design space would be interesting potions and just scrapping elixirs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
03/17/2013 12:29 AMPosted by Anarri
this topic wasen't about if I should or shouldn't go for a mastery elixir or intellect flask. It was about not having any choice as healer for a guardian elixir.

Choice is an illusion where performance is concerned.

I like a break pad that only lasts 20 thousand miles rather than one that lasts 40 thousand. It's just a personal preference.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Quote from WoWwiki :

"As of patch 2.1, all potions and elixirs that added a buff were designated as either Guardian Elixirs or Battle Elixirs. The Guardian Elixirs being those that increase your defense, stamina, protection, mana regen, armor, etc."
http://www.wowwiki.com/Guardian_Elixir

"As of patch 2.1, all potions and elixirs that added a buff were designated as either Battle Elixirs or Guardian Elixirs. The Battle Elixirs being those that increase attack power, strength, damage versus certain monsters, etc."
http://www.wowwiki.com/Battle_Elixir

So when did they swapped Spirit like elixir from guardian to battle?

-----------------------

Back in BC (when they added those tag to elixir) I remember still using them over some flask because I would get more stats in the end. I didn't minded to lose the effect after a dead and didn't minded if I had to pay twice the gold per week for raid preparation. Now Elixir simply look boring, there is almost no benefit over flask. And flask doesn't enough option (there is no secondary stats flask which is bad in my opinion).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Not sure what you hope to gain by quoting a statement from BC. We all know that spirit used to be on guardian elixirs. That isn't really relevant now. They swapped when they decided that spirit was closer to being a throughput stat than it was being a defensive stat. Because it is, especially for hybrid casters that convert it into hit.

If they retooled elixirs to be more competitive with flasks, they'd probably provide less stats than they do now. They provide 75% of a flask each because they know they don't provide awesome stats. But why is it that elixirs should be superior to flasks, or even sometimes superior? Just seems like a way to annoy the specs that end up wanting elixirs over flasks with additional raid prep.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
lol.

This is why I dislike rolling with holy pallies.

Just faceroll mastery and roll your face on EF and have 40% healing done via mastery. Derrrr, must be hard:D
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
@Tony - As if this topic needed a Troll. Thanks but you can get out now!

@Asthas - Why elixir couldn't be as efficient that flask? Or even being superior to it. I mean the fact that we lose it after each death is already a draw back.
Why battle and guardian tag still exist. It should be removed. Player should only be able to use 1 elixir at a time (since it's almost already that).
Why couldn't we have secondary stats flask and remove completely elixir from the game? That is annoying to only have choice of 1 flask to raid with.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/15/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Littlexheal
If I am not wrong, Spirit Elixir used to be guardian elixir while Intellect and mastery used to be battle.

Back then, we didn't have fixed mana pools, nor mana regen tied only to Spirit for healers. Now, things have obviously changed in MoP, where Spirit is a battle stat, not a guardian stat any more.

And, to be honest, when I was leveling my Alchemy, I thought those elixirs were just something Blizzard gives us to do to level up the profession, rather than useful.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
And, to be honest, when I was leveling my Alchemy, I thought those elixirs were just something Blizzard gives us to do to level up the profession, rather than useful.

They can be useful for tanks, as Stamina is not always the best stat for them to use.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
If you value 750 mastery over 1000 intellect, you're mistaken.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
@mahourai - I am always wondering if people read only what they want to read or what they should read. I have my answer now. Thanks but if you aren't going to bring anything to the main point of the topic, you can leave now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Alas, you are not the arbiter of thread replies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]