Haunting Spirit (Trade Good)

93 Worgen Death Knight
I got some from DEing LFR gear last week.
Reply Quote
that was blood spirit, that is a whole nother ballpark. this is about haunting spirit: though would think it is a waste to buy haunting spirit to craft a certain item if a vp equivalent or better can be obtained.

someone on the opposite side would be in favor of buying i would guess but it will be expensive.
Edited by Gistene on 3/17/2013 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
and that's why Blizz NEEDS to make them avable thu a vendor so you don't have the LUCK factor.

no they don't

current tier crafting materials have always been rare at the start of an expansion. They are DE'ed from raid items, not handed out like candy.
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Death Knight
that was blood spirit, that is a whole nother ballpark. this is about haunting spirit: though would think it is a waste to buy haunting spirit to craft a certain item if a vp equivalent or better can be obtained.

someone on the opposite side would be in favor of buying i would guess but it will be expensive.

no I got haunting spirits from DEing ToT LFR gear last week 2 of them. :P
Edited by Lidelse on 3/17/2013 9:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

no I got haunting spirits from DEing ToT LFR gear last week 2 of them. :P

Impressive that they let the same bug get into game 2 tiers in a row. Pity I didn't get anything from my first LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
here is my point. I skin leather is so common that putting a stack of 20 of exotic leather on the AH is not worth my time the hides will only sell in bulk. ore is the same way as well as herbs. even golden lotus can be bought for a reasonable amount every mat you need can be gotten with some level of ease or for a reasonable amount of gold of valor. except these? I mean Blizz made a wise move allowing blood sprits to be bought now let's see them do the same with haunting sprits.

The spirits are considered a raid drop, much like other items that drop from bosses. They are communally property of the guild, who may use it to craft something for a raid member, or sell it.

They are not intended to be acquired individually.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
this will be my last post on this subject.
as it stands the ONLY way to get these is
1 get into a raid group that can down bosses in ToT
2 have a chanter in the group
3 have an item drop that no one needs
4 be in a guild that dose not horde the haunting sprits
5 BE LUCKY AND WIN THE ROLL...
sounds real fair to me...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior

It makes sense to have mats that make make raid quality gear drop from a raid.

This actually happens far more often than you may think, especially from the first few bosses of a raid.

03/19/2013 11:42 AMPosted by Brendahunt

Or be in a guild that uses these mats to craft things for their raiders! "You helped earn it, here's 8 spirits for your new hat!"

Once again, if you aren't raiding ToT why do you need 522 crafted items?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I mean Blizz made a wise move allowing blood sprits to be bought now let's see them do the same with haunting sprits.

And they will. Once the next tier of raiding is out and there's a new crafting mat and you will be able to acquire haunting spirits much more easier.

You just want an easy cheap way to get them NOW though, don't you ? Sorry, there will be no silver platter full of haunting spirits for you. You will have to get them the same way everyone else does. Get into a raid, get some gear and DE it.

this will be my last post on this subject.
as it stands the ONLY way to get these is
2 have a chanter in the group
5 BE LUCKY AND WIN THE ROLL...

We're all in the same boat here. If you don't raid well that sounds like a personal problem to me.
Edited by Dûchene on 3/19/2013 11:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
OP, youre lucky they made it so you can even get that pattern from the daily proc. In the past if you wanted a pattern like that you got it from the raid the material was obtained from. No raiding? no patterns

Just like the 496 patterns, my 522 patterns (2 so far) will sit until mats drop ..sometime next patch. Blood spirits are still almost 1k on my server, but at least you can get them easy right now and make a profit on making the 496 gear still.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Just like Blood Spirits at the beginning of the expansion, these are CLEARLY meant for raid groups to have and dole out to their members to craft raid gear.

Look at it this way: the ONLY WAY to get 522 gear is by raiding. For 522 drops, you need to kill Throne normal mode or world bosses. For 522 rep gear, you have to raid. For the mats to craft 522 gear, you have to raid (or SOMEONE has to).

So yes: it makes complete sense that you either have to raid or pay a handsome fee for access to these materials. If you want 522 gear, you have to work for it.

Working as intended, perfectly acceptable. Do the work or move on.
Edited by Falynn on 3/19/2013 12:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
03/17/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Brendahunt

They're meant to be rare. It's not a matter of fair and unfair.

ok its meant to be rare sooo I have a patt that reqires 8 of them at 10k EACH on the AH I spend 80k... that I can use for other causes rather to line the pocket of a player that has a chanter and gets lucky?

There is nothing to stop you from leveling enchanting for yourself. They run 15-20k on my server. Personally I am liking this, enchanting mats are plentiful enough as it is.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Once again, if you aren't raiding ToT why do you need 522 crafted items?

lol why do people still ask these retarded questions?

Sadly, op, that's just how it is. You'll just have to wait 'till 5.4 or spend tons of gold like the rest of us.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
They run 15-20k on my server.

Oh, so let me pull out my coin bag because 522 crafting Gear should cost
90k-120k. Even though a small % actually have 50k.
Edited by Babelon on 3/19/2013 12:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
It's like this. If you can't afford it, then too bad. Join a guild or do raids. Why do you think WoW should make it easier for you to get the mats? That is the reason WoW is in the shape it is in today. Because when people can't get this or that they cry and want it watered down. The way it is now is how the value will stay high.

Cry more OP!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
03/19/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Babelon
They run 15-20k on my server.

Oh, so let me pull out my coin bag because 522 crafting Gear should cost
90k-120k. Even though a small % actually have 50k.

Sounds pretty reasonable, I've seen Heroic ToT ilvl 535 gear go for over 200k on the BMAH and I am sure on other servers they go for even higher. The price will eventually drop.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Just running LFR and upgrading your gear as an Enchanter = good chance at making 20k a week, if not more.

Any other profession: tough luck!

Yes, other professions have money-making abilities, obviously, but none that come so solely from just running the game normally, not even in an "organized raid" (normal PuG or guild run).

They really shouldn't come from LFR gear.
Edited by Tríbunal on 4/1/2013 7:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
This is what happens when Blizzard makes the patterns freely available. They should have stayed with the tried and true model: patterns that require raid materials should only be available in raids.

The tried and true method is to have crafting materials untied to the gear drops. Having them require the disenchantment of loot means that the crafted items aren't likely to get made by the people that could actually use them/are working to acquire them while they're actually relevant.
Edited by Bomdanil on 3/27/2013 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm praying for dupers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]